Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poliscigal

What is the BEST Antibiotic for ACNE??

I have been on dynacin, cephalexin, the generic form of bactrim, and now erythromycin. I've been using the ery tabs for almost 3 weeks now and my DR said it would help with the breakout period for tazorac. But my skin still looks horrible. Do you think I should ask for a different antibiotic. I have had this problem in the past as you can see, where my body does not respond well to antibiotics. Let me know if you have any ideas of what I should ask her to put me on. I have mild/moderate acne but was diagnosed with folliculitis on my back, chest, and neckline. My skin had never been really bad until I started taking all of these meds about 5 months ago for my wedding. I'm beginning to think I should have kept with the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" plan. ANy suggestions would be appreciated.

Most people seem to be prescribed tetracycline or minocycline for acne.

I was on tetracycline for a while but it did nothing for me, even though my acne is mild.

Minocycline worked best for me....I was on three others (doxy, erythro, and something else) but Mino was the best!

DONT STAY ON MINOCYCLINE LONG THOUGH!!!!

cuz after a while it will have a reverse effect and your acne will start to spread. This happend to me after 1 and 1/2 years of Mino and I have read other people talking about this also.