Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leverage

"acne cure" users - breaking out bad, please help!

i started the acne cure 1 week ago and after about 3 days broke out very badly. seems to be getting worse and not better sad.gif i know some people say this is just the gunk being brought to the surface all at the same time but i find that hard to buy. my face really hurts from all this acne but it isn't really dry or red (aside from this hellish acne). has anyone using this regimen experienced a bad breakout and then drastic improvement? please someone give me some hope, not sure how much i can take sad.gif thanks

I broke out bad the first and 4th weeks- in places I never broke out in before. Now week 10/11 I am clear and have not broken out for some time. Give it awhile longer and your face should straighten out.

thanks for replying maral, glad to hear you went through the same and seem to have come through it. it's very discouraging to get worse before better, especially because it doesn't make sense to me, but it's worth it if in the long run i'm better.

maral: do you still do the full regimen or the maintenance?

I started out using the Alpha Hydrox creme as my Glycolic and it broke me out really bad. I stopped using it and bought Aqua Glycolic instead. Haven't had any problems since.

skye, are you using the aqua cream or toner? i finally found both. was using the cream but it is thick and am gonna try just the toner now. once i hopefully clear up i may alternate the two or something.

I'm using the Aqua Glycolic toner. The Alpha Hydrox was in a creme and that made me break out really bad.

Where can you buy the Aqua Glycolic toner in the US? My Walgreens didn't have it, and I'm not sure where else to look. Also, what does it look like? The packaging, not the product itself. I just want to be sure I spot it if I'm ever at a store that stocks it. Thanks.