Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shocky

Acne friendly Alcoholic Drinks?

Hello all,

As a student going into my second year of university life I am much more concerned about looking after myself more while away from home. Therefore, I was wondering if there are any alcoholic drinks out there that I could consume and not worry about the condition of my skin.

I have found that beer and various spirits dehydrate the skin. However, nothing is worse for the skin than excessive amounts of alcohol!

Thanks.

I'm in Uni too, and we usually go clubbing about 3-4 times a week. I've found that drinking plenty of water the day after really helps. You will probably get a couple of small pimples during the night, but I stop those from happening with B5 before I go out.

Also, fiber rich foods like Wild Rice eaten before you go out really help to soak up the alcohol. So its good for your skin, and will help you keep going longer LoL. I don't drink beer, only spirits, cocktails, and wines, so maybe the beer does make things worse.

When you drink alcohol, and drink lots water the day after, you'll lose a lot of sodium and other electrolytes. Try to have salty foods the morning after and look for a morning after pill with essential electrolytes. In the UK I buy Resolve over the counter, but I don't know what you can get in other countries.

*Leon* =D

Thanks very much Leon for all the helpful advice. I also go clubbing about 3-4 times a week. Im not to sure by what you mean by B5. Is this the vitamin or a product?

I used to drink only beer, but I noticed that it really dehydrated my skin and I wasnt really drinking in excess either. I will definately stick to spirits for my second year of university.

Also, do buy the Wild rice from a normal supermarket? And do you recommend any particular salty foods for the morning after?

I go to Leicester Uni. Which Uni are you at?

I didn't even know beer caused acne! I go out/drink every 2nd Sat/Fri night, and sometimes have a few during week after a long day or dinner out or something. But I haven't had any problems :confused:

Hello all,

As a student going into my second year of university life I am much more concerned about looking after myself more while away from home. Therefore, I was wondering if there are any alcoholic drinks out there that I could consume and not worry about the condition of my skin.

I have found that beer and various spirits dehydrate the skin. However, nothing is worse for the skin than excessive amounts of alcohol!

Thanks.

i really disagree with what you said that nothing is worse than excessive amounts of alcohol. my dad has perfect skin and although hes not a drunkard, he drinks alcohol like water. the only flaw is that he has a tiny bit of psariosis but he's had that since he was 13, wayy before he began to drink.

bsides i can think of tonnes of things way worse for your skin than drinking alcohol.

Just dont abuse it. I go out and have 4-6 beers maybe once a week on average and it doesnt seem to cause any harm at all. Just dont get wasted, chain smoke, pass out without washing your face (all of which I used to do regularly). Thats where the trouble starts. Ive been learning my limits lately and it really helps. If I get home and feel so drunk I want to sleep and dont care about putting my medicine on, I know thats wayy too much!

Drink vodka and water with a lime in it, it's great, tastes fine and shouldnt make you break out.

WOW totally took my drink! HAHA I drink vodka with water and a splash of sprite... its actually good and you dont get too dehydrated since theres the water ;)

^^ Haha, right....

BTW, I just saw on the news that alcohol consumption increases the risk of cancer.

Overconsumption on a daily basis can cause liver problems and yes mouth cancer.

My mom loved beer, got mouth cancer, told noone, finally convinced her to see a doctor and was given the choice 3 months to live or surgery. She had the surg. luckily from a very skilled DR. and 4 years later is alive. This is amazing cause it spread into her lymph nodes and all.

The 18 hour op. caused her a heart attack (small), and oygen loss caused her optic nerves to die. Now she is blind and too young for that. What was supposedly a 2 week stay in hospital turned out to be 4 months, then to come home blind. She never saw my new awesome house, nothing.

Drinking is fine, I do it. But on a reguar basis 1-2 red wine/day, on weekends a bit more if out.

Binging is fine, if you have a friend with ya, but totally not everyday!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I drink cause of my heart attack. (too young) :(

My cardiologist said to dring 1-2 red wines a day. For health and relaxation.

I can't rn anymore cause of my bete-blockers but walk at an incline on treadmill with leg weights, and lift weights relgiously.

P.S. I don't approve of drinking early, but hey kinda got it out of my systym, then could really do well in University. Now I have a great paying job.

Thanks very much Leon for all the helpful advice. I also go clubbing about 3-4 times a week. Im not to sure by what you mean by B5. Is this the vitamin or a product?

I used to drink only beer, but I noticed that it really dehydrated my skin and I wasnt really drinking in excess either. I will definately stick to spirits for my second year of university.

Also, do buy the Wild rice from a normal supermarket? And do you recommend any particular salty foods for the morning after?

I go to Leicester Uni. Which Uni are you at?

No problem. B5 has been mentioned a lot on these forums, its easy to find a post about it. Basically just take big doses of Vitamin B5 - Pantothenic Acid - and it metabolises excess sebum in the skin.

Wild Rice you can get from the supermarket if they sell it - not all places do - but otherwise a good heath food store should sell it too. Not sure what salty foods to recommend. You could try adding soy sauce to noodles or things like salted crisps (called chips in the USA) or look on the nutrition lables for high sodium content. There are also sports drinks for athletes that contain electrolytes and plenty of water, but be careful there's no caffeine in them, that will make your skin worse. Try not to overdo the salt though, just replace what you lost.

Didn't realise you were in the UK too, cool. I'm going to Glamorgan, near Cardif; but born in England and proud of it, LoL. I think this is mainly an American site. You can get Pot Noodles then, they're very good for sodium content.

*Leon* =D

Drink vodka and water with a lime in it, it's great, tastes fine and shouldnt make you break out.

WOW totally took my drink! HAHA I drink vodka with water and a splash of sprite... its actually good and you dont get too dehydrated since theres the water ;)

YEAH!!! You cant even taste the VODKA! You have to be careful cause it can be downed like water, I end up drinking them really fast cause it just tastes like lime water.

I think Everclears pretty acne-safe too. Likewise with that Bacardi 151 :wub:

Everclear isn't legal in my part of New York :(

I do agree though I think vodka can actually clear your skin. Especially if you mix if with something that will keep you hydrated.

Great drink:

The Tucker Max Death Mix

Everclear+Redbull+Gatorade = one hell of a night. If Everclear isn't legal use Devil's Springs or another highly alcoholic vodka.

I just started Accutane and can't drink much anymore I'm sad-face.