Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gazbo

Breakouts on Zinc tablets?

I started taking some Zinc tablets, as I heard it can help. And I've actually broken up rather mildly since taking them. I'm still in the first week of having them. Is this normal? I know when taking Antibiotics and Accutane, it's normal to experience breakouts. is it the same with Zinc? Or is my skin disagreeing with the Zinc, meaning I should stop taking it?

keep taking it. i highly doubt those breakouts were bc of zinc since you were in ur first week of taking it. doesnt a pimple take 2 weeks to form? anyways, zinc will not cure your acne, i found it more to be keeping more horrible acne away. of course id still get big pimples on it. :)

i just bought some zinc to take. i have mild acne, but in each tablet their is 50mg... is that too much?

Hmm, well I guess I'll stay on it for a while and see what happens.

Yeah since I have been taking the Zinc tablets I have gotten pustules around my lower cheek, across my jaw area..hm...do you think its the Zinc??

Yeah since I have been taking the Zinc tablets I have gotten pustules around my lower cheek, across my jaw area..hm...do you think its the Zinc??

Not too sure. That's what I was trying to find out. My skin seems to have calmed down now, and all the zits I had are now slowly going away. Time will tell.

:(

So far, so good. I am seeing good improvment *knocks on wood*

I am going to continue taking it though. But hey, are you taken Vitamin E with your Zinc? Because if not, Zinc will take longer to be effective, and won't absorb as good to help our skin out. Vitamin E, gives Zinc the power.

Guest Sebastian_K

I took Zinc and it done crap all personally.

I took Zinc and it done crap all personally.

How long were you using it before you stopped, and how much? (it took me 2 monthes to seean improvement)

keep taking it. i highly doubt those breakouts were bc of zinc since you were in ur first week of taking it. doesnt a pimple take 2 weeks to form? anyways, zinc will not cure your acne, i found it more to be keeping more horrible acne away. of course id still get big pimples on it. :)

Is that true? A pimple takes 2 weeks or form?

i took zinc for 6 months and it scarred open all my t-zone pores.

just happened to someone i know as well, i really dont think zinc is the way to go. i'm reading good things about vitamin C, im trying that.

I started to take zma recently. Which stands for zinc along with magnesium. It's acctually a supplement for weightlifting. In the presence of some zinc deficency, supplementing it will cause significant increases in testosterone. That's why it think logically it might cause acne. Which is pretty ironic since zinc is supposed to help with acne.

I haven't seen anything myself from taking zinc I haven't taken it long enough, but I wouldn't think it'd be a big enough increase in test to do much. I'd have to see after taking it for a while. Though a test spike would probobly be worth it for me if that is the case.

I think then in some cases you go through a purging process, and then it clears up-clears up. But even then I am not sure if this is whats clearing me up..Its either these(supplements), or changing my bad cleanser to Face Doctor, or the med at nightime(Taro-Clindyal 1%)..*shurgs shoulders*

I had acne from age 12 - 29. I used various methods including 3 years of treatment at UCLA medical center. Then someone told me this formula. I have been passing this inexpensive, totally non invasive method to others for years. You must do all parts for it to work. Let me know if you have results.

50 mg Zinc daily Gluconate, chelated are both ok for sure. I buy at GNC

One A and D tablet daily

A major multivitamin with lots of minerals.

Stop all milk, and most milk products, especially if you are male over 17

No alcohol. It destroys zinc

Should take about 2 weeks to see major results. 3 for excellent result. Does not cure 100%. I noticed stress would usually result in one zit on my nose. Really works well to eliminate scarring acne on soft tissue around cheeks.

Ok to go to 100mg of Zinc, especially on days you decide to violate rule about alcohol

I did this regimen for 25 years. I have now switched to Juice Plus with no change in results. My 17 year old son has just started, and after one week is clearing already.

I realize that this might only work for those who have zinc deficiency, but it costs so little and has worked for most folks I've suggested it to over last 30 years.

how many mgs of zinc is neccessary I have about 15mg in my multivitamin, Should I take a another 50mg no yes?