Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanmist

so.. whats the deal with Asian skin

why does Asian skin have to hyperpigment so easily? does our skin take longer to heal than say, Caucasian skin?

whats the difference between red and brown marks... i feel like brown marks never want to leave my face.

i know a lot of products out there arent good for Asian skin either... (ie strong peels).

any other asians know anything that can help get rid of hyperpigmentation specifically for us? i am going to try aloe from an aloe plant

why does Asian skin have to hyperpigment so easily? does our skin take longer to heal than say, Caucasian skin?

whats the difference between red and brown marks... i feel like brown marks never want to leave my face.

i know a lot of products out there arent good for Asian skin either... (ie strong peels).

any other asians know anything that can help get rid of hyperpigmentation specifically for us? i am going to try aloe from an aloe plant

nope, where from asia ?

I'm asian, and I don't think our skins are that bad :P. It's different for everyone, some are better than others. I just try different products and find one that would work for me. I doubt there's any product made specifically for one nationality :P.

hiya, i feel for you. i think asian/black skin is prone to hyperpigmentation as there is already high levels of pigment in the skin. i'm half asian and my red spots turned to brown when they were healing and are almost gone now (please see my thread- hooray i've nearly done it!)

i think experimentation is the only solution to find out what will work for you as we're all different. good luck!

hiya, i feel for you. i think asian/black skin is prone to hyperpigmentation as there is already high levels of pigment in the skin. i'm half asian and my red spots turned to brown when they were healing and are almost gone now (please see my thread- hooray i've nearly done it!)

i think experimentation is the only solution to find out what will work for you as we're all different. good luck!

where's ur thread?

brown spots really suck. you think that they will fade quickly (cuz they are "almost gone") but they taken even longer sometimes! :doubt:

nope, where from asia ?

im Korean but i was born here in Canada.

ah nevermind i found your thread

i've already tried a similar method, using Retin-A and hydroquoine (spelling...?? its a bleach cream). skin peeled and all that... marks faded quite a bit, but skin got really sensitive, oily, irritated easily, and skin tone become "whiter" which looked odd... then i started breaking out ever so slowly again..

glad its working for you. but i couldnt take the side effects

i am asian...and becoz of dans bp..i start to hv red marks or brown marks that never fade....

i am like 99% no sun expose...so most of them stay red..

ya...azn suxk

hydroquinone is pretty harsh from what i've heard (i.e. banned in some countries) but quinoderm has the flaking effect without changing the rest of your skin tone. it does leave your skin very dry though so isn't without its side effects. with regards to skin irritation, when using any topical product, i think dan's regime has 2 very good points- don't rub your skin with a towel, pat it and also you have to apply the cream very very gently. you'd think these things wouldn't make that much difference but they do.

try kojic acid.. i've been using it for 3 weeks.. and its work.. slowly.. at this rate, i don't see my marks fading to an unnoticeable point until summer 07

i jus started with ACV a few days ago. i think its working >_> but yeah, i think asians jus have bad skin in general haha. very few that has flawless skin

I heard it's not that asians have bad skin but they have more delicate skin. BUt I dunno it could depend on people. My cousin has good skin and benzoyl peroxide works for him. It used to work for me too but now it doesn't anymore and all he uses is prescription benzoyl peroxide with endomycyin and cleansing with neutragena. I on the other hand use so many products just to get away my dark spots bleh while fighting acne and I get little to no results. but I have been told by my derm that oriental skin is bad for chemical peels so I guess it's somewhat true.

you serious. asians, koreans especially have almost perfect skin O_O.

you mean the ones without acne.

haha....I thouht most Asians had nice skin too, but I'm sure it's probably the same as any race.

I thought that before when I was getting dental work done at a University & I'd say that 80% of the dental students I saw were Asian & all the girls had such GORGEOUS skin (clear, small pores, even tone). Maybe it is just cuz they are dentists & rarely eat sugar (they all told me they avoid sugar)......come to think of it, even the few white girls there had nice skin; it must be a dentist thing (nice skin AND nice teeth? grrrrr.....I'm so jealous!)