Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

Coffee on the day of LF okay?

I didn't want to post this question on CZ because they're so damn biased there that they'll have you believe if you drink coffee once, you'll be subject to a lifetime of problems. Sorry Curezone!

So here's my ordeal. I had some naps yesterday and because of that it screwed up my sleep cycle all last night and I got about an hour of sleep. If I nap today, the cycle is goign to start up where I won't be getting to bed at my regular time, so I need to stay up until bed time with no naps. Coffee is probably going to be the only way of staying awake until then.

And school's back up so I can't do an LF whenever I want, and I haven't done one for 3 weeks or a month and need to do another today because there's no scheduling conflicts.

So does anyone (Denise2, Leah) know if coffee is fine on the day of a flush?

R.S....I *think* it will be ok, but I wouldn't swear to it in court.....will green tea do? That stuff can be pretty potent ya know......

What time of day are you going to partake?

Well maybe it is out off topic: But I am skin care freak Lol So mainly Caffein in our skin care diet is avoided..

(Also written on book "Gorgeous Skin In 30 Days") Why?

Becouse caffein mainly makes skin suck/without water and stop natural moisture. ( sure if you drink alot coffe exampe) Also it is activate adrenaline that effect stress hormones also.

So if you cant stop drinking coffe example than drink a day minimum 1-2 time and every time you drink coffe than take/drink full glass water for purify...

R.S....I *think* it will be ok, but I wouldn't swear to it in court.....will green tea do? That stuff can be pretty potent ya know......

Already had about 2 cups between 12:30 and 1:30... I didn't have any green tea, just the white tea and white is pretty weak as far as a boost...

I hope it's okay.

Melfice - while caffeine has a bad effect on skin and is the main thing that alt.health people attack coffee for, there's also many other compounds in coffee such as chlorogenic acid that have antioxidant effects (as well as favorable effects on blood sugar). But yeah, you should stay properly hydrated after drinking some, that's a given...

Already had about 2 cups between 12:30 and 1:30... I didn't have any green tea, just the white tea and white is pretty weak as far as a boost...

I hope it's okay.

Melfice - while caffeine has a bad effect on skin and is the main thing that alt.health people attack coffee for, there's also many other compounds in coffee such as chlorogenic acid that have antioxidant effects (as well as favorable effects on blood sugar). But yeah, you should stay properly hydrated after drinking some, that's a given...

I don't personally drink coffee except for once in a while, but I do love the stuff. I drink tea every morning though; Earl Grey, English Breakfast, or Oolong. I don't see how 1 cup a day could hurt anyone, though, especially if it's organically grown....

Well I guess I'm too late... Let us know how it goes. I think I had coffee the day of one of my flushes and it went fine.

I just read in a magazine that coffee helps prevent gallstones because it increases bile flow.

I'm debating whether to even flush today now... I've been having diarrhea from what I think is e. coli and I don't think the epsom salts is about to be good for that...

edit: well I decided it was a no-go. What's really weird is I've been having butt pee and haven't even taken any epsom salts and I'm seeing fleshy things (flukes? I see these most flushes) and small stones... I'm also absolutely exhausted.

I'm debating whether to even flush today now... I've been having diarrhea from what I think is e. coli and I don't think the epsom salts is about to be good for that...

You know, I think I might have (had?) e. coli as well. I got a stomach ache and diarrhea for the first time in a long time today. I thought I may have been safe with the fresh, unbagged, organic spinach that I bought from HyVee, although it's admittedly California grown, which is where the strand is traced to. This kind comes wrapped in a big bundle of spinach leaves; I had the misfortune of finding a dead ant attached to one of the stalks. Needless to say, my appetite for spinach vanished pretty quickly, and I tossed the stuff (unbagged spinach tastes weird to me anyways). I'd actually like to think that I did get a strand of e. coli, because then I can pride myself on my body's reaction, limiting potentially life threatening bacteria to a simple stomach ache.

Don't be too proud, e. coli is only life threatening in the elderly and infants. The media really sensationalizes it when really it's just like any other bug. Anyways it came on slowly and then hit hard today with the full on diarrhea, before I was just having loose stools...

Run to the store and buy oregano oil or bentonite clay to get rid of it!