Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, im 17 M Toronto and have had acne for about 2 years, started around 14 or 15.

It's not severe but still nothing to be impressed about..i have tried many things but it either keeps coming back or the products never work in the first place

the point im trying to get to is a lot of people suffer from low self esteem due to acne and from personal experiences, acne makes me anti-social..i have no idea how i make friends because i never walk about and begin convos with random people, and even when talking to people i never usually make eye-contact

I know this is common and i was wondering if anyone has had any problems dating wise, of course we believe its a lot better if we didnt have acne but the point is we do..and im curious of how ur handle ur dating habits, are u ever confident to approach people, are u the type that fears rejection so never makes the first move..and this just popped in my mind but since u have acne, what type of girls/guys do u go for?

does it bother u if they have acne..does having acne urself make you less shallow at all? Has acne ever ruined a friendship or relationship?

hope to hear some stories..lol

well i got alot of red marks and they kinda affect and kinda dont affect my social life

i talk to many random people that sit around me, but girls are different

i guess if they want to talk they talk to me if they dont they dont = simple

well girls still wanna tlk wit me and go out and stuff (which is weird cause i usually used to ask) but my self esteem has it an all-time low and i just say no cause im embaressed. they're so much hotter than me. their skin? flawless.

20m here and looking back when i did have harsh acne i was at an all time low also. I do however wish i could go back and be more outgoing, i missed out on a lot of things just b/c of the way my face looked. bro, if people really like you and are your friends, they'll like what's on the inside. i NEVER judge some 1 who i'd like to see socially (dating or w/e u wanna call it) by their acne or their clothes or any of that other materialistic bs. judge ppl by the content of their character, and you'll be better off. don't sweat ur acne bro, it will eventually pass.

Great point jb679, couldnt have said it better myself. But even though im aware of all of it, i still miss out on great oppurtinities since i feel like my acne is in the way.

you are rejecting yourself from a relationship if you dont even try. your choice really.

Well after calculating the odds that you do not get rejected you have to weigh this against the potential benefits of not getting rejected and the downsides of getting rejected. More than often the pot odds doesn't end up in my favour therefore I don't do anything about it. However getting friends is something totally diffrent and acne doesn't affect my relationship with my friends(unless in some circumstances).

If someone judges you by your face then they're not worth having a relationship with. I am very aware of my face and any pimples I have but everytime I make a comment about it my boyfriend tells me he doesn't even see them and that I'm beautiful.

im 17m and have acne for ~5 years now. Its been at its worse about 2 months ago.

You guys would consider it "moderate"

my derm said i was "pretty well broken out".

I dont let it bug me. I still make LOTS of new friends. girls like a cofident guy. Its just when you have acne or some problem you have to be "something more".

They had a thing on made (mtv) on it too.

Im just happy that lately my skin has been looking quite abit better (cipro + retrin-A).

Yeah it sucks to have acne, but that doesn't mean you should stop socializing. Sure, it may be hard when you have acne, but theres so many worse things that you could have that would really put a stop to your social life. Plus, if you work on being outgoing now you're gonna be unstoppable once the acne does clear up.

Retrospect

what sucks for me is that wen i met my gf and i first went out i was hot and goodlooking i had my hair short then like a month later i started getting acne and its not too bad but somewhere medium but it makes me feel bad cuz i like let her down and i hope she doesnt leave me cuz of it. I feel bad cuz im not the same person as i looked 5 months ago. ughh acne sucks

The past few monthes I have been in the "moderate" category of acne when previously I was in the "mild".

It definitely makes me feel depressed. I have actually been out with a few guys during this time & felt really self concious....wondering if they are staring at the huge zits in my face. I've convinced myself that one guy did not ever call me again cuz of my bad skin; when I first met him I was not nearly so broken out....either that or its the braces :redface:

I have moderate acne and have low self esteem due to it. But i still manage to meet new people and most of them say its not that bad, to me i take it as them being nice. I also get very depressed when waking up and looking at myself in the mirror but i try tell myself that people who judge arnt worth knowing anyways. But it is a tough one some people will always judge you and some people wont.

A qoute i like:If u worry u going to die and if u dont u going to die anyways so why worry :P

It has made me feel bad abotu myself. I never felt all that bad about myself. I like my face. I mean I wasn't like hot BEFORE my acne but I definitely looked better. Now I'm skinnier but my acne is leaving scars that I can't get away and my derm just keeps telling me it's hard to take away my scares cuz I have asian skin which depresses me. ON the other hand. My friends see it, they know how I looked before (some don't but most have seen me BEFORE my acne problems) and I guess they don't make it a big deal, but for me it does affect me. As for you, I guess everyone's different I still talk to people but I'm always concious and just yesterday while I visited the derm there were people on the train that I'm sure were talking about I guess it makes you more paranoid and the friends and girlfriends thing depends from person to person. I mean there are people that will like you despite the fact that you have acne it's all about the people.