Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Med C

Really Need Help With Chest/Back Acne

I've had bacne for years now and have not been able to get rid of it. I have controlled it well with Head & Shoulders shampoo, but it's not completely clearing it up. I am especially having trouble with red marks ... they're all over my back and look like actual pimples. If anyone could help me out or throw any suggestions at me that would be great. Thanks.

Ive been using DIAL ANTIBACTERIAL BODYWASH.. it also has alot of vitamins in it that keep my skin healthy and moisturized..

I used to have bad chest and back acne.. since i have been using the wash.. (specifically with a loufa sponge).. I have been clear for a year now..

Ive been using DIAL ANTIBACTERIAL BODYWASH.. it also has alot of vitamins in it that keep my skin healthy and moisturized..

I used to have bad chest and back acne.. since i have been using the wash.. (specifically with a loufa sponge).. I have been clear for a year now..

You should use a antibacterial soap for your body. The Cetaphil antibacterial bar is great.

Antibacterial soap will do nothing for your acne. We are not concerned with bacteria which is on the surface of your skin, rather the bacteria that is within the sebaceous glands. Antibacterial soap does nothing to address this bacteria.

The regimen is the only thing that I know of that clears up bacne, except for accutane of course, but the regimen can get very expensive unless you can find a large size benzoyl peroxide. However, because the back is comprised of tough skin, a 10% should work. Someone said WalMart is now selling a 10% at a 1oz. size for just 2 bucks.

-Dan

I beg to differ... I tried the regimen on my back.. yes it did work.. but jesus.. thats alot of Bp To Apply.. and a pain the ass...

I had like 5-10 pimples on my shoulder at any given time.. and my chest!

All I did was switch to DIAL ANTI-BACTERIAl and a Loufa.. the Loufa doesnt irritate your skin like washrags or sponges... its really cool and cleans itself when it drys in the shower.. its just plastic.. but does wonders..