Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatGuy16

to those who think clear skin will end all of your problems in life

I addressed this point in another thread, but I just wanted to focus it to everybody this time.

Let me just point out, that' ive been in and out of the acne loophole MANY times ... I've had acne for 6 years .. I've been on Accutane 2 times, i've been on every single prescripted medication out there. I've been on Proactive, i've used nothing, i've used gels, creams, EVERYTHING.

The point is, i've had really bad skin at points in my life, and then i've been completely clear. The funny thing is I thought alot like you guys......I figured once my skin was back, my life would be back. As great as that is to hear, it's far from the truth. Your life will NOT dramatically change when you clear up. Yes, it will change to a degree obviously....mainly just boosting confidence, but acne can damage alot of the confidence you once had, so it's hard to really gain it all back in a matter of weeks.

THINGS TAKE TIME.....your acne won't clear up in a week, so why would your life? Transistioning from bad to good skin takes plenty of time for the most of us, so it's not like one day we're going to wake up with perfect skin, and automatically live a fabolous life.

I really hate to bursts peoples bubbles, but its the truth, and it's sad that people are using false hopes for motivation. You should want clear skin to have CLEAR SKIN, not get laid, or get a gf, or have tons of friends....because the sad truth is, if you can't get a gf now, you won't have one when your skin is clear. If you have no friends now, things aren't going to change much after. Funny thing is, i've made more friends WITH acne then without......hmmm, surely skin wasn't the issue behind that then.....

All of these things in life should be worked on now, not when your skin gets better. You should not be relying on skin to give you happiness, sex, and girls.....that's not the way life works, and it won't work anyways, so good luck. I've yet to hear any success stories where the guy said "now that my acne is gone, i get sex all the time! thx clear skin!"

Life is not a fairytale, so stop imagining it......just some things to think about...

THINGS TAKE TIME.....your acne won't clear up in a week, so why would your life?

that is comeplete bullshit, i had clear skin before and my confidense lvl was beyond imagination, i was so liked by all and had so much attention and everything changed once my skin turnned on me, from being a cool dude to a fool now, i wasnt afraid of nothing when i had clear skin now im just hiding everywhere.. u obvisously never experienced how it was like to have clear skin and looked good at the same time. if u think ance and scars arnt the problem to life then u need to think again. Ance Scars are a big difference to all problems in life, in life confidense is the key to success and happniess, without that your shit, and acnce and scars are the two fukn pieces of shit keepin me from having my confidence again. 95% judge from appearance no matter how u put it, n scars and acne affect it big time

i disagree. if i hadnt had bad skin for so many years, i can gaurentee i would be a completely different person. acne has affected my confidence, gave me low self esteem, depression, which lead to being seriously unmotivated. its affected the choices ive made in my life, how ive behaved around people, and my goals and aims. Acne is almost like a disability for some. i agree those emotional and mental scars take time to heal, i agree. it takes time to move foward. but you can move foward, and things can change. i dont blame ALL my insecurities on bad skin, but i know i hell of a lot of them were a direct result of how i felt about my skin. however i know these problems wont be with me my whole life. just because you for example have few friends now, doesnt mean you wont when youre skin starts getting better that situation will stay the same. when youre skin gets better, you start feeling better about yourself-it may take TIME-it may take a lot of time-but it happens, eventually. youre not destined to have the same life and the same problems you have now because of acne, for the rest of youre life. i dont think clear skin will end all my problems in life, i certiantly dont want perfect skin, to get laid etc, but i know it would have a positive affect on many areas of my life.

Guest been13years

I just took some digital pictures of my skin for my derm. I want to cry. I want to drink a bottle of vodka and throw myself off my roof. Clear skin does change things. If you had the clap, would you say "yeah, but getting rid of this clap isn't going to make my life perfect"? It's a disease, a skin disorder. Of course clear skin isn't going to make you suddenly the suavest, richest, chicest, nicest, smartest anything- but at least you won't have acne!

And how bout all the depression, compulsion, antisocial behavior that my acne has caused in me? A year ago I loved to go out. Now I find it hard to even call friends on the phone. I don't want to be Miss America. I'm even resigned to the fact that my acne and the attitude changes it's wreaked will probably keep me from dating again any time soon. But I could get a little of my life back and it would be easier to get out of bed in the morning if I had more to look forward to than checking out the new posts at acne.org.

I just spoke to my mom as I was writing this, and she was like "You know there are people out there that get on with their lives and deal with it. Why can't you?" Last I checked I was still a functional, productive member of society, only, every now and then I have to have a cry. People who are clear or have never had acne have forgotten or don't know the sense of being totally out of control.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

i want clear skin!!! i have not had it since i was 12! its about time i got it ! if i feel happy about myself i feel i can re-join society and have something that resembles a life.If it continues i feel i will go crazy and do something stupid to myself.I know clear skin doesnt mean i will get a wife,kids and big house and a car :) But hey it cant hurt my chances :D

Hmmmm as someone that had acne and now has none I would have to disagree 100% with most of this thread. Not having acne and scars has improved my life by returning confidence, making me more social, looking and feeling much better, giving me back control, and just making me feel like my old acne free self again.

Changed me 360 degrees for the better. I am at the finishing point as I start my first of 6 Fraxel treatments soon to erase the marks left from acne and forget about it all.

Clear skin will not end all my problems, but it will definitely improve my current life in numerous aspects. I will become a better person.

99% of my mood swings were due to acne. Go figure.

I addressed this point in another thread, but I just wanted to focus it to everybody this time.

Let me just point out, that' ive been in and out of the acne loophole MANY times ... I've had acne for 6 years .. I've been on Accutane 2 times, i've been on every single prescripted medication out there. I've been on Proactive, i've used nothing, i've used gels, creams, EVERYTHING.

The point is, i've had really bad skin at points in my life, and then i've been completely clear. The funny thing is I thought alot like you guys......I figured once my skin was back, my life would be back. As great as that is to hear, it's far from the truth. Your life will NOT dramatically change when you clear up. Yes, it will change to a degree obviously....mainly just boosting confidence, but acne can damage alot of the confidence you once had, so it's hard to really gain it all back in a matter of weeks.

THINGS TAKE TIME.....your acne won't clear up in a week, so why would your life? Transistioning from bad to good skin takes plenty of time for the most of us, so it's not like one day we're going to wake up with perfect skin, and automatically live a fabolous life.

I really hate to bursts peoples bubbles, but its the truth, and it's sad that people are using false hopes for motivation. You should want clear skin to have CLEAR SKIN, not get laid, or get a gf, or have tons of friends....because the sad truth is, if you can't get a gf now, you won't have one when your skin is clear. If you have no friends now, things aren't going to change much after. Funny thing is, i've made more friends WITH acne then without......hmmm, surely skin wasn't the issue behind that then.....

All of these things in life should be worked on now, not when your skin gets better. You should not be relying on skin to give you happiness, sex, and girls.....that's not the way life works, and it won't work anyways, so good luck. I've yet to hear any success stories where the guy said "now that my acne is gone, i get sex all the time! thx clear skin!"

Life is not a fairytale, so stop imagining it......just some things to think about...

THINGS TAKE TIME.....your acne won't clear up in a week, so why would your life?

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you completely... I KNOW what it's like to have clear skin. I got acne when I was 19... from the age of 15-18 I had the time of my life, I had boyfriends, I partied, I travelled around the world, I ate whatever I wanted and most importantly I was confident. I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw... I was HAPPY. Then I got acne... this is what has happened since I got it: refused to go travelling because of my skin, turn down dates (that is if I get any), I stay home on weekends and rarely party anymore, I am on a strict acne diet (sucks), I have ZERO confidence, and I dread looking at myself in the mirror . I have completely changed as a person... even my personality has changed, I used to be care free and outgoing, now I seem shy and paranoid. ACNE has DESTROYED my life, and I dont care what anybody says, if I had clear skin again, I would be happy, I would go back to being the person I used to be.

Hmmmm as someone that had acne and now has none I would have to disagree 100% with most of this thread. Not having acne and scars has improved my life by returning confidence, making me more social, looking and feeling much better, giving me back control, and just making me feel like my old acne free self again.

Changed me 360 degrees for the better. I am at the finishing point as I start my first of 6 Fraxel treatments soon to erase the marks left from acne and forget about it all.

cool, congrats

I am happy for you my friend, I hope to be in your situation one day. Chronic acne continues to fuck up my life.

Guest Sebastian_K

Well acne is a bitch for sure but it cant always rain. Try accutane if u have not as that was what ended the shit for me. Good luck all

Whos that in the photo?

Well acne is a bitch for sure but it cant always rain. Try accutane if u have not as that was what ended the shit for me. Good luck all

Whos that in the photo?

Thats a painting I did. If u are in the market I can paint you or someone u know starting at $325 lol.

Dont really know who it is. I was doing a mural and did that as a test panel. The director just gave me a picture and had me paint it before I was contracted to do the whole thing.

Ummm, ok.. this is just the stupidest thread i've read.

How YOU react to things in life in general, whether it be getting dumped by your girlfriend, losing a family member, being in a tragedy etc etc is ENTIRELY different to how other people would react to it. Thats just common sense silly boy. Meaning, people that are on the verge of getting rid of their acne completely, or those who have already will take it how they take it. You keep repeating "Trust me i've been through it, i had the worst acne", so what? :eh: Were not all the same, please understant that! Im not trying to be rude but i hate seeing pointless threads that are just generalisations which may also affect acne sufferers that are soft at the heart and actually believe this rubbish.

Anyone reading this and concerned... its a load of [insert word here]!!!

- People who never had acne up untill 20's for example know how they felt when they didnt have it. So they KNOW how they'd feel again if it cleared up!

- People who suffered from acne all throughout highschool to a late age are the ones that are suffering the most because they've never had it any other way (such bad timing - people should be enjoying life at this age).

To some, waking up to clear skin wont make your life transform due to all the years of hurt and suffering, but in time i'm sure it will get better for them. To some it WILL transform their lives, INSTANTLY because thats the 1 wish they have been waiting for. My life's great, im working, i have a boyfriend, good family... but acne hit me a couple months ago, my ego, my buzz, my personality all went down the drain and i pulled away from life cause i couldnt accept it as a part of me. I'm doing better now, but i KNOW 110% once it clears up i'm gonna be the exact same happy joyous person i was, if not more!!

Good luck everyone.

Clear skin may not suddenly solve all of your problems and give you confidence, but it is the first step. It differs for everybody. For me, it is huge because my life is completely turned upside down from this acne. If I could get rid of it, it would be an unbelievable boost to my confidence.

Ummm, ok.. this is just the stupidest thread i've read.

How YOU react to things in life in general, whether it be getting dumped by your girlfriend, losing a family member, being in a tragedy etc etc is ENTIRELY different to how other people would react to it. Thats just common sense silly boy. Meaning, people that are on the verge of getting rid of their acne completely, or those who have already will take it how they take it. You keep repeating "Trust me i've been through it, i had the worst acne", so what? :eh: Were not all the same, please understant that! Im not trying to be rude but i hate seeing pointless threads that are just generalisations which may also affect acne sufferers that are soft at the heart and actually believe this rubbish.

Anyone reading this and concerned... its a load of [insert word here]!!!

- People who never had acne up untill 20's for example know how they felt when they didnt have it. So they KNOW how they'd feel again if it cleared up!

- People who suffered from acne all throughout highschool to a late age are the ones that are suffering the most because they've never had it any other way (such bad timing - people should be enjoying life at this age).

To some, waking up to clear skin wont make your life transform due to all the years of hurt and suffering, but in time i'm sure it will get better for them. To some it WILL transform their lives, INSTANTLY because thats the 1 wish they have been waiting for. My life's great, im working, i have a boyfriend, good family... but acne hit me a couple months ago, my ego, my buzz, my personality all went down the drain and i pulled away from life cause i couldnt accept it as a part of me. I'm doing better now, but i KNOW 110% once it clears up i'm gonna be the exact same happy joyous person i was, if not more!!

Good luck everyone.

Just totally agree. I got good confidence WITH pimples, but only when I forget about it. When I get aware of it, maybe in the middle of a dinner with friends, I freeze up and all my confidence is gone. I got moodswings like a pregnant women because of my pimples, it just fucks up your mind.

BTW just wanna say I know I am cute, but I could be so much more without zits, that's what drives me.