Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jujuberri

acne&scars on forehead,advice needed!!

I have been suffering from acne since quite a young age, it all started about

six years ago when i was nine. My skin started getting incredibly oily. At first, it just one or two pimples, then i started getting breakouts and huge cysts all over on my forehead.(not much on my cheeks,chin or nose but occasionally id get one there too) This hurt my self esteem immensely... at such a young age I felt like an outcast because I saw practiclly no one with what I had. i always hung my head down and barely talked to anyone. it was embaressing and hurtful. Over the years it has gotten worse and worse and has left me with ice pick scars and discolorations all over my forehead. recently i started getting pimples and scars on my chin and a big noticeable scar on my cheek. i also have a few blackheads on the linings on my lips. i use foundation and even got bangs to cover my forehead completley. makeup helps a bit but I still feel self concious because my acne is still very visible. almost every day i wake up with a new pimple on my forehead.... ive tried every product out there, including pro activ, NOTHING has worked. what can i do to lessen the appearance of scars and what to do about the acne?

here is a picture

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/782/ew2od8.png

the bangs are pushed back..^^

first thing u need to do is go to a derm and get accutane. dont accept any of their creams or antibiotics that they will try to perscribe u, they wont workout. if the derm wont perscribe you accutane go to another derm until u find one that does. after ur accutane treatment ur red marks will fade and if u have any acne scars ie pits on ur face, then you can needle them every 6 weeks untill they fill in completely. your suppose to wait atleast 6 months after u finish accutane to start needling.

could the bangs be causing the acne. if you have oily skin chances are you have oily scalp which is probably rubbing against your skin causing you to break out.

i know how if feels to have scars on the forehead that is what suffer from. currently looking to have fraxel laser done hopefully in jan.

but before you can think of scar revision you need to get rid of those cysts. accutane is the best solution.

could the bangs be causing the acne. if you have oily skin chances are you have oily scalp which is probably rubbing against your skin causing you to break out.

i know how if feels to have scars on the forehead that is what suffer from. currently looking to have fraxel laser done hopefully in jan.

but before you can think of scar revision you need to get rid of those cysts. accutane is the best solution.

i would absolutely advise you against going on accutane. i'm 32 now, and started getting acne at the same age as you, when i was about 9. took antibiotics, used BP, retin-A, etc., for years and went on accutane for two courses when i was 14 and then 15. though it may have temporarily dried me out and reduced acne, it didn't completely stop it and instead created a scarring problem which i continue to have. over the years what i've found is that the best thing you can do to reduce acne is to change your diet -- check out the holistic/dietary advice on the board. you don't want to be in your 30s and still self-conscious about acne and scarring. i never scarred before going on accutane, and have spent a lot of money on peels, products, and other things that did not work to correct it.

look to the reasons for having acne to be able to find solutions -- diet and good health are the best way to get rid of it. (i did a dietary cleanse for about 8 months one year when i was about 27 and it cleared up my acne better than any drug. no flour, sugar, alcohol, etc. i bet if you just tried for a few weeks you will see great results).

good luck!

jujuberri, SALICYLIC ACID! It's a miracle for skin, esp acne prone. There are many SA products.

There are face cleansers, toners, peels and so on. I barely get any pimples anymore, even before my cycle. I use the skinbio sa 2% serum and SA peels of various %.

You can find the peels at :

dianayvonne

larachem

Skinceuticals also has a great face cleanser called Clarifying cleanser with sa, glycolic and mandelic acid.

There are others. If I think of anything I'll post again :angel:

Don't take any drugs before you try these.