Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the who?

Easing off the CSR

After careful consideration, I've decided to try and ease off the CSR. I've been using the regimen for a few months now and my skin has definitely improved (right now I have 1 small active pimple and a couple almost-healed scabs from picking old ones). I've come to realize that I rarely have more than 1-2 active pimples at once but ALWAYS pop/pick which is responsible for most of my "acne."

Anyway, I went and bought some Desert Essence 100% Jojoba Oil today and used it for the first time as a moisturizer because everything else I've tried sucks. It seemed to work GREAT! my skin, which is usually oily and porous, looks much healthier - it helped shrink my pores and get rid of the blackheads that plague my nose. I'm beginning to think that the combination between having naturally sensitive skin, naturally oily skin, and popping/picking my pimples is what causes most of my problems. So basically what I want to try and do is slowly eliminate BP from my regimen in an effort to prevent skin irritation due to its drying properties and replace it with a regimen consisting of Tea Tree Oil and Jojoba Oil. I've also read that baking soda is a great exfoliate and it seemed to work pretty well when I tried it for the first time last night.

Currently I'm having trouble coming up with an effective regimen to work towards. I want to make it as simple as possible without it being ineffective, so (finally) my questions are as follows:

1. Is Tea Tree Oil as effective as BP? What is the most effective way to use is preventatively on my whole face? (facial wash, 100% extract, etc.)

2. When and how often should I moisturize with Jojoba oil and which method should I use to apply it?

3. How often should I exfoliate with Baking Soda?

Also, as my final question, how should I ease from my current regimen (CSR) into my targeted regimen I'm trying to create as we speak?

Thanks in advance, I whole heartedly appreciate this site and its members :ninja::dance:

Well, I've been trying to do the same thing. My skin, actually, is SO oily, that BP never really dried my skin severely. Sad, huh?

Anyway, I tried Tea Tree Oil....not having substantial success to be honest. Basically my acne turned to many little pimples instead of a moderate number of larger ones. That was just as annoying if you ask me.

I kinda just cold-turkeyed the regimen, and I think that's a factor. So now I'm doing once a night, b/c I've held out well enough without it at all.

I would like to get off the damn stuff, too.

If you would like to try TTO, you should dilute it in a small amount of water...add about 2-3 drops of the oil with a medicine dropper. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it to your whole face.

Good luck with your regimen reduction; I hope somehow we can both be successful.

You should really try using jojoba oil (although I've only used it once, I've heard many great things). It really helps to moisturize your skin while eliminating excess oil. My skin hasn't felt this soft and HEALTHY in so long I can't remember. Good luck to you!

So far I've been sticking to the CSR but using less of Dan's facial cleanser (1 squirt instead of two) and have added jojoba oil as well. I apply about 2-3 drops right after washing with the cleanser while my face is still fairly wet which helps it spread. I let it soak for a minute or so and then wash with water. So far my face is almost perfectly clear (minus a few small scabs from previous breakouts) and looks MUCH healthier. I used to have noticeable pores along my T-zone and blackheads on my nose, but the jojoba oil has really helped with this. My face no longer feels dry and the jojoba also seems to help with the redness associated with BP. When my face is been perfectly clear for a week or so, I'll slowly start easing off the BP and replacing with either Tea Tree or Manuka oil (I've read manuka is more effective and less irritating than Tea Tree). Wish me luck!

So far I've been sticking to the CSR but using less of Dan's facial cleanser (1 squirt instead of two) and have added jojoba oil as well. I apply about 2-3 drops right after washing with the cleanser while my face is still fairly wet which helps it spread. I let it soak for a minute or so and then wash with water. So far my face is almost perfectly clear (minus a few small scabs from previous breakouts) and looks MUCH healthier. I used to have noticeable pores along my T-zone and blackheads on my nose, but the jojoba oil has really helped with this. My face no longer feels dry and the jojoba also seems to help with the redness associated with BP. When my face is been perfectly clear for a week or so, I'll slowly start easing off the BP and replacing with either Tea Tree or Manuka oil (I've read manuka is more effective and less irritating than Tea Tree). Wish me luck!

How about doing the CSR on one side of your face and doing your own test on the other side.(or top half and bottom half) Which ever side looks better after a month, then go with that regimen.

Hey, not a bad idea. However, I'm hesitant to quit CSR cold turkey because I've been using BP for a long time now and I assume my skin is used to its presence. Plus I don't exactly know what my new regimen would be (just that it would include Tea Tree or Manuka oil to prevent blemishes, Jojoba oil to moisturize, and baking soda to exfoliate). If anyone has ever used any of these products, I would greatly appreciate if you would share your methods and results of use.

the who,

If the CSR has gotten you 99% clear, then why would you want to rock the boat?

Do you feel you've ougrown the tendency toward acne?

If your heart is set on going off the CSR, I think I would try by eliminating one daily application. For instance, stop using BP during the day but continue to use it at night as usual. Do this for a month and evaluate the situation. At the end of one month of using BP only at night, if you are clear, then you can consider eliminating it altogether. If you have begun breaking out again, then you should consider going back to twice daily BP.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

LOL I like Brandy's idea better than mine. I just realized how crazy you would look with clear skin on one side and breakouts on the other.

should I start by replacing the BP in the morning with Tea Tree or Manuka oil or would that be too drastic of a change for my skin? I'm not sure if I've outgrown my acne, but I don't have very many active pimples at once (usually 1, sometimes 2 - i'll include a pic from today) and I would rather use natural products instead of BP as long as my skin will continue to be clear. Thanks for the replies.

post-46972-1158618510_thumb.jpg

post-46972-1158618510_thumb.jpg

should I start by replacing the BP in the morning with Tea Tree or Manuka oil or would that be too drastic of a change for my skin? I'm not sure if I've outgrown my acne, but I don't have very many active pimples at once (usually 1, sometimes 2 - i'll include a pic from today) and I would rather use natural products instead of BP as long as my skin will continue to be clear. Thanks for the replies.

What if you start using tea tree or manuka in the morning and you begin to break out? You wont know wether it was the tea tree oil or the lack of BP. I would recommend just cutting back to one application of BP and seeing what happends.

yea, I agree with tooshort ^

If you eliminate one product and add in another at the same time, you won't know which thing is helping/hurting.

yea don't change from one product to another... just continue to ease off the bp until your fully off and after some time if you wanna use something like tea tree oil if u get a pimple or two then that would be fine but jumping from one product to another isn't good