Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jj3501

my social life has never been so good

i have redness, and lots of small zits, but i have never felt so good about myself since i've had this problem. my old group of friends were nerds, becasue i was too shy to talk to anyone else. then this last summer i stopped dressing like a nerd and started talking with girls on msn (i added them obviously) and they really started to like me. now i hang out with them and thier friends everyday, and made a few more new guy friends too. this past weekend i went to camp with a youth group that me and a few girls that i know are in. one fine looking girl i was friends with came and sat on my lap right out of the blue, she also started warming up to me in other ways. a different fine girl gave me a hug the very same night. this was all so surreal to me. and it's a huge deal because things are so different all of a sudden, i never would've thought these things would be happening me 2 months ago, now the girls are adding me instead of me adding them. BE MORE OUTGOING, IT PAYS OFF!!!!!!

when i looked at my worst i went out and had loads of fun,now when i look much better i feel self conscious about things which are half as extreme as they were and barely want to socialize now.Good to hear your story.

Guest buttonit

i have redness, and lots of small zits, but i have never felt so good about myself since i've had this problem. my old group of friends were nerds, becasue i was too shy to talk to anyone else. then this last summer i stopped dressing like a nerd and started talking with girls on msn (i added them obviously) and they really started to like me. now i hang out with them and thier friends everyday, and made a few more new guy friends too. this past weekend i went to camp with a youth group that me and a few girls that i know are in. one fine looking girl i was friends with came and sat on my lap right out of the blue, she also started warming up to me in other ways. a different fine girl gave me a hug the very same night. this was all so surreal to me. and it's a huge deal because things are so different all of a sudden, i never would've thought these things would be happening me 2 months ago, now the girls are adding me instead of me adding them. BE MORE OUTGOING, IT PAYS OFF!!!!!!

easier said then done

Guest PurpleHaze1

easier said then done

True but there is always a start in life.... You never know what happens till you try. Its hard indeed but you have to start some time.

Good for u! Well done.....its always nice to make new friends..but dont forget the ones u already have! lol :angel:

Guest buttonit

easier said then done

True but there is always a start in life.... You never know what happens till you try. Its hard indeed but you have to start some time.

after laser i'll start, im use to being by myself.

i'm not pretending to be something i'm not either, i'm just trying to change things 4 the better, i don't feel so crappy anymore.

Good for you, jj3501. I'm always reminded by society of how invalid I am. This makes it extremely hard for me to create any type of social life outside of the home (and away from the computer). I'm eternally unaccepted.

Yea =] thats awesome... just be yourself and like nobody will care about your face

Yea =] thats awesome... just be yourself and like nobody will care about your face

Awesome jj3501.

Yep. That's what I do except only with my friends. On another note, there's at least always one bad skinned girl/guy in a group of the popular kids.

I fail to see how your life is so great now. I love nerds and choose to hang out with nerdy people because they are usually deep thinkers, less superficial and more mature. Sure, "popular types" seem cooler, but hanging out with them is BORING. They look like they are having so much fun, but the conversations are blah and the parties are too. All my close friends have to be at least sort of nerdy to be 'cool' in my eyes.

Throughout these boards i see some strange criteria for friends. I dont care if a person is smart, or nerdy, or athletic, or popular, or outgoing, or radiant, or whatever. If they arent assholes and i can get along with them, and they like to laugh, i'll befriend them. You shouldnt limit yourself to cliques, just befriend anyone who comes along.

Throughout these boards i see some strange criteria for friends. I dont care if a person is smart, or nerdy, or athletic, or popular, or outgoing, or radiant, or whatever. If they arent assholes and i can get along with them, and they like to laugh, i'll befriend them. You shouldnt limit yourself to cliques, just befriend anyone who comes along.

Well cliques usually have a group personality which in many ways reflects the individual personalities' of the members also. Sure, it is possible to get along with lots of people, but being friends usually means having more in common. In order to be good friends, you need to share basic personality traits.

People sometimes think they are very different from their best friend or whatever, but usually they are pretty similar, sharing a common view of the world, sense of humor, etc.