Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

I wanna cry.....

Guest ThereIsHope

I just got an e-mail from my aunt (who I don't even know very well) and she said that she just started buying origins-brand make up at the mall and noticed they had an acne-control skin care regimen that I should " definetely try out." This aunt has never even MENTIONED my face before. :(

Also, my family and my uncle and his girlfriend all went out for dinner the other night and I was sitting next to her and all of a sudden she started asking me if I had tried proactive. I replied and said yes, I tried it twice and it didn't work, and in fact made my skin 20x worse. She looked SO surprised! Then she started telling me this long story about her daughter from her previous marriage who had "very bad acne" and "cleared up so beautifully one just one accutane course." What's that uncle's girlfriend?!? I DIDN'T QUITE HEAR YOU, but I THINK you want me to do something about my acne!!!!!!! :evil:

Ggaahhhh why do people do this??? Its like they think I havn't tried every product and vitamin and regimen out there known to man!!

Sorry, I'm just so frustrated.

dont be. they were just trying to help out even if it was really annoying or it wasnt their place. think of the good in the situation: they felt like they had a "cure" and wanted to share it. even though youve done it before.

I totally understand how u feel. SO many people have asked me if i've tried proactiv, that i've lost count. don't worry..they're just trying to help, although people need to learn how to be discreet about certain things..

yea, i dont like ppl that think its easy to get rid of acne. my mom actually said to wash my face with cleanser and it will go away....hah! and when she found out i was spending money to go to the derm she got mad and said it was a little problem and just wait till it goes away....it hurts that she doesnt know what it does to me.

Guest ilovepancakes

thats rough... i think alot of people here can relate to shit like that unfortunately..

at least youre aunt did it in private

:snooty: how distasteful of them

ugg dont you hate that?? thats rough thereishope. i feel for you.

hmm i think she is hinting at the fact that you may have acne.. just a guess.. haha.. its kind of funnythough when u think abt how inadvertantly cruel ppl can be.. lol i think i find humor in cruelty now, how sad.

but i definitely kno where you're coming from, especially since ur uncle's gf ISNT a "real" family member.. its almost more hurtful coming from someone like that because if a non-family member could be that honest, makes you wonder how much worse it is than you thought.. bc when it comes to family, you EXPECT them to be more critical and blunt w/you.. but coming from someone not as close, it kind of takes you off-guard.. for example..

tonite my sis and her "husband" (weird story, dont ask lol) came to drop off some things at my dorm. long story short, my sis wanted him to take a pic of me b4 they left for my mom, who couldnt come, and tho i was pretty hesitant, i said fine, whatver, and after he snapped it, hes like " oh, dont worry, you can use photoshop to erase the blotch ..es....uhhh" GRR.. well, he kind of stopped talking once he realized i wasnt too fond of this idea haha..its not like i was taking the pic for some magazine cover! so what do i care? but gosh he must think my skin looks bad enuf to require airbrushing even for FAMILY viewing. its my mother for gods sake. bahhh.. i just hate UNSOLICITAED comments regarding my skin, i really do, like if i go and ask someone abt my skin, then GO AHEAD, comment away! feel free to b honest and scrutinize, critisize, ridicule, and butcher it apart.. be my guest.. cuz god knows i already do.. but i cannot stand for uncalled, oh-so-voluntary remarks that remind me that my skin is less than perfect. jeez, as if i dont kno that already! hello, i dont go mentioning other ppls flaws to their faces, so why do ppl feel the need to point stuff like that out to me?!!

that is fucking terrible. thats like approaching a fat person and telling them about weight watchers or something.

how insensitive. it would be one thing to say this in private, but around a group is another story.

that is fucking terrible. thats like approaching a fat person and telling them about weight watchers or something.

how insensitive. it would be one thing to say this in private, but around a group is another story.

is just f'n rude and is not ok they pick on the acne to talk about because it isent attractive is like telling a fat girl to try to lose some weight u kno some good diets and exercise programs u shouldnt automatically assume that the person is oblivious to them selfs and these ppl who always seem to have good advice havent been through anything u have to boot i can understand coming fro manother sufferer but soome clear skined rude arse that watched a few proactive commercials and knows a friend of a friend who tried it ...come on i hope they feel better about themselfs

wow i just copied the post above me how bout that.... :lol: sorry

Acne is terrible. I've been living with Chronic acne for 10 years. I have no relationships due to it, I have no friends as well. I have no self esteem. I wish I would die.

Acne is terrible. I've been living with Chronic acne for 10 years. I have no relationships due to it, I have no friends as well. I have no self esteem. I wish I would die.

ill be ur frirend

I just got an e-mail from my aunt (who I don't even know very well) and she said that she just started buying origins-brand make up at the mall and noticed they had an acne-control skin care regimen that I should " definetely try out." This aunt has never even MENTIONED my face before. :(

Also, my family and my uncle and his girlfriend all went out for dinner the other night and I was sitting next to her and all of a sudden she started asking me if I had tried proactive. I replied and said yes, I tried it twice and it didn't work, and in fact made my skin 20x worse. She looked SO surprised! Then she started telling me this long story about her daughter from her previous marriage who had "very bad acne" and "cleared up so beautifully one just one accutane course." What's that uncle's girlfriend?!? I DIDN'T QUITE HEAR YOU, but I THINK you want me to do something about my acne!!!!!!! :evil:

Ggaahhhh why do people do this??? Its like they think I havn't tried every product and vitamin and regimen out there known to man!!

Sorry, I'm just so frustrated.

aww, im sorry that happened to you....its soo frustrating when it happens. I know the feeling. My nan ofte comments on my skin (Although she means no harm or anything), but it makes me feel sad coz i know the people are definately noticing my skin! Whenever my na comes over, she will look at my skin and start somethin things like " Laura, theres an advert on tv for a new spot cream" OR "i think your acne is caused by boiling blood"! I know she means well but i dont think she realises how much it upsets me when people talk about my skin!. Im super sensitive!

Byt i know how your feeling...and that feeling doesnt feel good.

I hope ur feeling better now! x

Yes I know what you mean.... Some people just don't understand that of course we don't want acne, that's why we try so hard to stop breaking out.... People who never even had one pimple make you the one who is breaking out seem lazy, like you don't care about your skin...

GRRR!!!

These people need to just kindly shut up.... o.0

Guest ThereIsHope

Ya know what the worst part is? I HAVE to be SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO nice to my uncle's girlfriend because she gave me her used car this past christmas! Thats right! At 16 years of age (i'm 17 now) I got a car! Of course i'm so thankful and grateful to her, and I would never say anything mean to her anyway, but when she stuff like that about my skin I get so angry. :(

ThereIsHope, if your Uncle's girlfriend brings it up again, ask her, "Have you used Proactive?" When she says no, then say, "Well, I am working on the situation, but it is not as easy as you might think. I'll thank you for not bringing it up again." You can be right to the point and tell her to stop talking about it without insulting her, and just because she gave you her old car 9 months ago doesn't mean she owns you now and can talk to you however she pleases. Come to think of it, you can say the same thing to your Aunt also. Just be straightforward but not nasty. They'll leave you alone, and since you handled the situation maturely, they can't do something like tell your mommy on you because you were so mean to them! *In a tattle-tale voice*