Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

I let my hair go natural today! dun dun dun

I let my hair go natural today to school for the first time.. in a couple years I think. I haaaaaate straightening it everyday.. its getting pretty fried... Plus I got loads of compliments on my hair today yay!... I was wondering what kind of curl products there are to help out my curls :D

IPB Image

MANDY WHY DID YOU LIE TO US?! My god, you're curly hair is BUEATIFUL! I'D KILL FOR THAT HAIR!!!!!!

*sobs*

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to offer (my hair being stick straight). Just wanted to say - DON'T STRAIGHTEN THAT - IT'S BUEATIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are one of the lucky ones who don't need anything really..........

I use a tiny bit of Biosilk on mine to keep the frizz away..........and I just let it air dry......no gel or mousse or anything......and the less I mess with it the nicer it looks........

Guest Michael Jackson

when I ket my hair go super curly, like trying to make it curly, I look odd. shall post a pic some day

Right, you don't really need anything. Your hair is gorgeous. You could try a spray leave-in conditioner, and a little bit of gel. I use one by TRESemme. If you tend to lose the wave/curl during the day, some hairspray might help.

Wow, gorgeous hair. My curls are a teeny bit tighter than yours and my hair's past my shoulders, but I SWEAR by Paul Mitchell's Sculpting Foam (not the extra-volume one). Not only does it smell like pina colada or something tropical, it's the only thing that keeps my curls silky soft, smooth, and frizzless. It's not like most mousses that feel dry - it conditions and is freaking awesome. I've tried gels, creams, milks, lotions, etc. - nothing is as good as this stuff. I started using it six years ago and have never looked back. Try it, definitely try it. A big 16.9oz canister sells for about $18 where I live and it lasts for a really long time.

(Pardon the excitement, but it's always fun to recommend a product to a fellow curly girl. I would always try to straighten my hair back in high school, but gave up my senior year and was so glad that I did. My hair is so much healthier.)

Thank you so much girls :D! (and guys lol)

I have always been in that situation where I hate my hair and would KILL for straight hair haha ... my mom has begged me for the past few year to keep it curly but I always refused... haaattted it. Today though, I woke up, was extremely lazy and felt my hair and it felt soo dried out.. so I figured I would give my hair a long break from straightening and start leaving it curly because its getting really dry. So I just put some dove frizz stuff in it and left out the door and when I got to school, I didn't mind my hair for once.. when I straighten my hair, it always ends up getting some type of annoying wing/gets some waves in it throughout the day.. and that always bugged me too lol. This time I didn't have to worry about that.

MANDY WHY DID YOU LIE TO US?! My god, you're curly hair is BUEATIFUL! I'D KILL FOR THAT HAIR!!!!!!

*sobs*

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to offer (my hair being stick straight). Just wanted to say - DON'T STRAIGHTEN THAT - IT'S BUEATIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ma'am! :shifty::redface:

I have to agree with everyone. Your hair is beautiful. Avoid gels, mousse, hairspray, anything with a lot of alcohol. There are a lot of nice curl creams on the market. Now.... why in god's name were you straightening your hair on a daily basis!? My bet is that you need some reconstructive therapy. I recommend Emergencee from Nexxus. Shampoo. Towel dry. Emulsify the product in your hands. When you separate your hands the product should create a sort of film. Apply. Wait no more than 15 minutes and no less than 5. Rinse rinse rinse. Towel dry. Apply a nice moisturizing conditioner like Nexxus Humectress. Wait at least 3 minutes and rinse. Do that about every 5th shampoo. If that seems like too much work, try Kerastase Ciment Usure. That can be used daily. Though it is a little pricey. Whatever reconstructor you choose (with Ciment Usure and Kpak as the exceptions), don't use it more than every 5th shampoo. And always follow with a moisturizing conditioner. Kerastase Masquintense, Nexxus Humectress, Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, and Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm are my favorites. But most importantly! Sell your flat iron on ebay. Your hair's too pretty to fry.

I have to agree with everyone. Your hair is beautiful. Avoid gels, mousse, hairspray, anything with a lot of alcohol. There are a lot of nice curl creams on the market. Now.... why in god's name were you straightening your hair on a daily basis!? My bet is that you need some reconstructive therapy. I recommend Emergencee from Nexxus. Shampoo. Towel dry. Emulsify the product in your hands. When you separate your hands the product should create a sort of film. Apply. Wait no more than 15 minutes and no less than 5. Rinse rinse rinse. Towel dry. Apply a nice moisturizing conditioner like Nexxus Humectress. Wait at least 3 minutes and rinse. Do that about every 5th shampoo. If that seems like too much work, try Kerastase Ciment Usure. That can be used daily. Though it is a little pricey. Whatever reconstructor you choose (with Ciment Usure and Kpak as the exceptions), don't use it more than every 5th shampoo. And always follow with a moisturizing conditioner. Kerastase Masquintense, Nexxus Humectress, Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, and Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm are my favorites. But most importantly! Sell your flat iron on ebay. Your hair's too pretty to fry.

i'm going shopping tomorrow for some of the hair products you mentioned... I am aout to tell you how bad i've damaged my haior... im going to slap myself for this---

-Always getting super bleach blonde highlights on my already dry hair to brighten it up (have for like 5 years now)

-Straightening evvverrryday on the hottest setting

-and not using any product in my hair.. at all

:doh:

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

You might want to use a gel or something with silicone to to keep it from frizzing. Use very little since it looks like your hair doesn't really need much to keep it looking nice.

Whne you straighten you need a heat protectant. I've heard good things about redken smooth down protectant. Whenever you use heat make sure you put something on it to protect it. That'll definetely cut down on the damage.

I'm experiencing a huge case of hair envy right now. Mine needs tons of product to keek it from frizzing. And even that usually doesn't work.

I'm also very envious. My curls take lots of work to look that nice.

Here are my favorite products:

1) Potion 9 (This is a conditioning gel by Sebastian. A little, little bit goes a long way. Put it in your hair and go, when it dries it will look crunchy, but all you have to do is run your hands through your hair; the crunch will be gone and in its place will be soft, well-formed curls.)

2) Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam (Also very conditioning. The hold isn't as strong as Potion 9, so I don't buy it very much.)

3) Paul Mitchell Clean Gel (This has a very, very strong hold. Good for rainy days. Unfortunately, it makes crunchy curls.)

4) MOP Curl defining Conditioner (It comes in an orange tube. This stuff is really cool for when you're in a hurry. It's a conditioner and water-activated gel. All you have to do is go after you rinse your hair of it in the shower -- assuming you combed the conditioner through beforehand.)

5) Garnier Curl Defining Mousse is a cheap curl definer. It works pretty good too, but not as good as the stuff above. When I was on a stricter budget I used it and was fairly happy. But nothing beats my Potion 9.

As you can tell, I'm a hair product junkie. I could go on. I have a whole closet full of hair products. Different things for different weather, hairstyles, and occasions!

thats how my hair is mandy. only mines long and it...i dunno...i look even younger when its curly!!! haha which brings me down to about 11 :rolleyes: . i love yours it looks beautiful. do you color your hair?

Your hair looks very pretty with those curls! Just wanted to suggest for you to try some mane n tail shampoos and conditioner! My hair was really badly fried from dying it and blow drying but the mane n tail saved my hair and made it feel nice and silky again!

I let my hair go natural today to school for the first time.. in a couple years I think. I haaaaaate straightening it everyday.. its getting pretty fried... Plus I got loads of compliments on my hair today yay!... I was wondering what kind of curl products there are to help out my curls :D

IPB Image

your hair is soo pretty naturally.....id kill for my hair to have those nice curls any day! I'm always saying how i wish my hair was naturally wavy/curly coz i would rarely straighten it! For me to get my hair in the least bit curly, i use john freida loose curls styling cream. Just put it into damp hair and leave!

But honest...your hair looks gorgeous both curly and straight! I envy u girl! lol

Let me just say that I also have naturally curly hair and have found products that make my curls perfect!

Shampoo/Conditioner

- The Curl Vive products work great as do the Thermasilk curly haired products

Frizz serum

- Beyond Zone Anti-Frizz Serum. You can purchase this at Sallie's Beauty Supply

Mousse

- Tre Semme volume and body or curl control mousse is the best I've ever used. Since I switched, my hair has been super-curly with each curl perfectly defined and not frizzy in the least.

Curly hair is great! You get noticed more with curly hair, I think. I refuse to straighten mine. :)

WORK that curl, girl!

You have awesome curls. You MUST visit naturallycurly.com for all sorts of great advice about styling and caring for curly hair.

I've been dealing w/ my long curly hair for YEARS, but even I picked up some great new tricks from them and some good product recommendations. My new hair HG is Garnier Fructis Soft Curl---but my hair is different than yours.

Anyway, go to that site.

You do have beautiful hair and those natural curls are adorable. :) Glad you like them now.

I don't have curls, but do have natural wave and that can show up as frizz with my long hair.

The gentlest shampoo and conditioner I have found so far is:

Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo.

When I am lathering my hair with the Aveeno Baby, I then add in a couple tablespoons or so of Aloe Vera Gel (from a bottle - no alcohol). I leave it all set for a minute or so, and then rinse. It kills off frizzies, leaves my hair feeling like silk. I don't need a shampoo that strips my hair of everything - but this is just enough to use everyday.

If you need even more than that for conditioning - I recommend BioSilk Silk Therapy - it is a leave in conditioner. Only use a very small amount - size of a dime or it will be too heavy. Very shiny, soft and silky hair. I try not to use it much - because I try to go with more natural ingredients, but I can't deny that this is a magical feeling product.

Leave in conditioners rock, but avoid any gel, spray or mousse etc that has any alcohol. It only makes things worse.

Good luck!!

-Lynn

i'd go with creme's mandy. i love redken's outshine and bumble and bumble curl conscious. the b&b is pricey, but, i think worth every penny. it's saved my hair from doing a permanent straightener.

IPB Image

w/ outshine to help the frizz, curl conscious to hold the curl, and diffused.