Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who has enuff money for derms and products and procedures? Is money an issue?

Do you parents have the money to spend? My parents spent nearly $5,000 real quick

on me but I was lucky.

You know I make loads of money and can't buy my way out of the rest of my small scars.

(Maybe some day) :pray:

I would rather be broke and have perfect skin!

That is the honest truth!!!!!!!!

well ive never been to a derm.. ive asked my mom plenty of times when my skin was worse but i think she jus doesnt wanna pay for it.. idunno? i wish she would have so i couldve gotten something to clear me up before all those pimples wrecked my face with these red marks.. i would appreciate it more then anything if these red marks were gone but i hear stories of how even proffesional treatments dont work that well and having to pay hundreds for most of them and to not see results worth those hundreds ..

i hope my kids dont suffer thru this and now that i know what works they wont have too haha yesss!!

Money doesn't guarantee success. I've been to a GP but not a dermatologist, but I've tried new skin care lines and devices one after another. There's constantly something new that purports to work for someone so I'm there with my credit card regardless of cost all in the name of "hope". Anyway, success varies by product line, length of use, weather, etc.

I'm still on my parents insurance since i'm in college continuously. I have $10 copays at the office and my derm gives me lots of coupons for my scripts so sometimes i pay nothing, usually it is also $10.

I'm not sure about accutane though. Eventually i'll find out.

When I think of all the money I've spent on acne treatments it makes me sick because there's only been a couple of things that have ever given me decent results (not clear, but decent). I wish I had all that money back that I threw away on derms and washes and creams. My family and I could really use that money right now.

Money has never really been an issue because my parents paid for my prescription stuff. I'm looking into lasers now, and money is kindof an issue since they cost like $700+