Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doobyandme

Paula's Choice 1% bha

Thank you so much, Dooby. I'll post back here after I've had a chance to try out the samples. I'm glad now that I didn't order the liquid .... it did sound like a pain to deal with ....

Can't you just buy any 2% SA acne product from OTC? It's the ingredient in almost all of them.

I'm thinking of getting a product that contains both AHA and SA. Apparently Neutrogena has one "Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula." May be too tough, I don't know.

Right now I'm using 2% SA acne pads and then applying a 8% AHA cream.

Can't you just buy any 2% SA acne product from OTC? It's the ingredient in almost all of them.

I'm thinking of getting a product that contains both AHA and SA. Apparently Neutrogena has one "Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula." May be too tough, I don't know.

You really can't just get "any" Sa because SA is very dependent upon the ph of the product. Formulation is key. If the ph is too high then the SA won't do anything and will not exfoliate. Something like Paula's choice is correctly formulated and contains anti-irritants while also being free of irritating ingredients.

For something like BP, any product will more or less do, but exfoliants are in need of an optimal ph range to do its job.

ditto everything Ariventa said ...... also, my experiences with Neutrogena products have not been great. In general, I feel they are over-hyped and don't really work all that well ..... some are even damaging to good skin health.

Formulation IS key .....

ditto everything Ariventa said ...... also, my experiences with Neutrogena products have not been great. In general, I feel they are over-hyped and don't really work all that well ..... some are even damaging to good skin health.

Formulation IS key .....

Well, I guess I'd like to see if anyone has ph tested some of the products to see whether it is worth it or not to buy Paula's.

Formulation IS key .....

Well, I guess I'd like to see if anyone has ph tested some of the products to see whether it is worth it or not to buy Paula's.

Oh, I like what I hear!

I ordered a sample of the 2% BHA, and it'll be here in a couple of weeks.

How long does the sample last? Anyways, I think I'll order full size anyways - may it bring success or failure :P

Oh, I like what I hear!

I ordered a sample of the 2% BHA, and it'll be here in a couple of weeks.

How long does the sample last? Anyways, I think I'll order full size anyways - may it bring success or failure :P