Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPosey30311

PLEASE HELP! WHAT TO DO!

okay so, i LOVE my girlfriend, its only been a few weeks, but we met and instantly felt so right for each other. Shes a freshman, Im a senior. Shes got some extremely mild acne, and I got mild-moderate with rough skin. Ive just been taking benzamycin, but my dermatologist keeps saying that i will never fully clear up and stay clear until I start taking a retinoid. She said 'your acne would be a pushover, i know acne. trust me. a month or two and youd be clear' I took differin last summer, and though it got worse at first, it ended up totally clear until i stopped (no idea why, i just didnt know much about treating acne last summer). So, Im gonna start differin again soon, but i know there is an initial breakout. I just know my girlfriend notices my pimples and since we ahvent been going out that long, i feel like, i could get DUMPED or something, since I now know my acne is gonna get worse for the first 6 weeks or so, what am i gonna do? im so hesitant to take it because i dont wanna lose her. Im almost considering saying im not ready to date yet (but i really am, shes great) just so i can get this acne outta the way again. but i dont wanna dump her either. i just wanna be with her. im also considering just going 'okay look, you got acne too, i noticed you have proactiv in youre room and you have little whiteheads all over youre forehead and chin, my acnes gonna get kinda bad for about 6 weeks or so, then itll be way better, can you handle that?' but shed think im weirrrd as helll and thatd be so embarassing. WHAT SHOULD I DO?! you guys im going crazy.

Dunno, i reckon you should tell her that you are gonna try something new that may make your skin get worse b4 it can get better. Hopefully she will understand and support you.

okay so, i LOVE my girlfriend, its only been a few weeks, but we met and instantly felt so right for each other. Shes a freshman, Im a senior. Shes got some extremely mild acne, and I got mild-moderate with rough skin. Ive just been taking benzamycin, but my dermatologist keeps saying that i will never fully clear up and stay clear until I start taking a retinoid. She said 'your acne would be a pushover, i know acne. trust me. a month or two and youd be clear' I took differin last summer, and though it got worse at first, it ended up totally clear until i stopped (no idea why, i just didnt know much about treating acne last summer). So, Im gonna start differin again soon, but i know there is an initial breakout. I just know my girlfriend notices my pimples and since we ahvent been going out that long, i feel like, i could get DUMPED or something, since I now know my acne is gonna get worse for the first 6 weeks or so, what am i gonna do? im so hesitant to take it because i dont wanna lose her. Im almost considering saying im not ready to date yet (but i really am, shes great) just so i can get this acne outta the way again. but i dont wanna dump her either. i just wanna be with her. im also considering just going 'okay look, you got acne too, i noticed you have proactiv in youre room and you have little whiteheads all over youre forehead and chin, my acnes gonna get kinda bad for about 6 weeks or so, then itll be way better, can you handle that?' but shed think im weirrrd as helll and thatd be so embarassing. WHAT SHOULD I DO?! you guys im going crazy.

Hey I'm a girl and I wouldnt think it was weird... I wouldnt suggest pointing out that she has acne though... that will just insult her (I hate when people point mine out). Just tell her that you want to go on this medication that's going to stop your acne but's it's going to get worse before it gets better.... so I just wanted to warn you haha.

thank you so much you guys. god but that would be SO hard to say. like shes really cool and funny and we can talk about anything but... i just dunno about saying that... anyoone else? suggestions?

thank you so much you guys. god but that would be SO hard to say. like shes really cool and funny and we can talk about anything but... i just dunno about saying that... anyoone else? suggestions?

a big part of a relation ship is understanding talk to her about it see how she feels work out a compromise good luck

i would tell her and deff start taking the differn and get it over with and the breakout and then ull have clear skin and then you can prob share ur topicals with her if proactive quits working for her ha that would be cute

wait that made me sound gay

i would tell her and deff start taking the differn and get it over with and the breakout and then ull have clear skin and then you can prob share ur topicals with her if proactive quits working for her ha that would be cute

wait that made me sound gay

haha

i wouldn't even mention it to her and definately don't point out the fact that she has acne!. Just carry on as normal and if she does like you a lot then a few spots wont change that.

yeah but, if i start breaking out worse im just gonna tell her. i mean, if she told me like that, i wouldnt care. but if she just started breaking out worse, id figure her acne is getting more severe adn that would actually cause me to think less of her. but honestly, if she broke out in real bad acne, i wouldnt dump her. were too perfect for each other.

damn it sounds shockingly similer exsept i was the girl ....

yeah but, if i start breaking out worse im just gonna tell her. i mean, if she told me like that, i wouldnt care. but if she just started breaking out worse, id figure her acne is getting more severe adn that would actually cause me to think less of her. but honestly, if she broke out in real bad acne, i wouldnt dump her. were too perfect for each other.

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..."but if she just started breaking out worse, id figure her acne is getting more sever and that would actually cause me to think less of her" !!!! you have GOT to be kidding. Someone please restrain me before i get vicious. HOW SHALLOW ARE YOU!?!? YES IM YELLING AT U!!!!!!! wow....what an awful thing to say

dude, if she cares if u get a few more spots then its her loss

Hey there. :angel:

What I would do is be honest and tell her. That it's something you are trying to make better, and that for a while, your skin might be worse and you are feeling worried. There is nothing wrong with saying that, and you might get a better idea of her character if you say it, and if your skin does in fact get worse.

If she cares for you as much as you seem to care for her, I think she would be understanding and supportive, and she might even feel more at ease about expressing any insecurities she might have and is worried about.

Best of luck.

P.S. I wouldn't point out her acne. Even if it's mild, it might bother her in the same way it bothers you and will only make her feel you are paying attention to it.

Um... :confused:

well not by much, i just maent id be physically a little less attracted to her. i mean, plus im figuring hers will get worse. shes a freshman, and doesnt it usually get worse and peak around youre junior or senior year? When i was a freshman, i definitley had less acne than her. anyways, not the point, read the NEXT line after the one you bolded. she could break out in real bad acne, gain 100 lbs, i dont really care. shes great.

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..."but if she just started breaking out worse, id figure her acne is getting more sever and that would actually cause me to think less of her" !!!! you have GOT to be kidding. Someone please restrain me before i get vicious. HOW SHALLOW ARE YOU!?!? YES IM YELLING AT U!!!!!!! wow....what an awful thing to say

dude, if she cares if u get a few more spots then its her loss

I agree Beany, I'm sorry but that was a HORRIBLE thing to say... you're being a hypocrit JPosey!!! HOW can you say you would think less of her if she broke out like crazy if you dont want her to think less of you if you broke out ??? GEEZZ!!!

Guest ThereIsHope
tell her u hav std

u nd 6 wks to treat it

go undergrnd

reemerge coolr than evr

OMG..............that was........golden. I'm going to quote it for the rest of my life.....