Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plehelttil

Quick question

No, I never heard of it doing this. What you may be experiencing is actually the real depth of the scar revealing itself. The scar was probably a predisposed size to begin with and when you peel off layers with ACV then you begin to reveal the real size. ACV doesn't cause it to get deeper, however. It's very beneficial for scarring. But mind you, be careful with it. If you overdo it you can have accidents like I did such as burning.

When I went in for a laser resurfacing consultation a year or so ago, the doctor told me that some scars are shaped like a vase, which is why sometimes scars can look worse after a treatment, because the top layer that was removed was just the "opening" of the vase.

Thanks guys, I haven't had any issues as far as possible deepening goes since I've started. More just a general inquiry on my part. I use 3 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon ACV, pour into bottle shake around, apply with cottonball.

No, I never heard of it doing this. What you may be experiencing is actually the real depth of the scar revealing itself. The scar was probably a predisposed size to begin with and when you peel off layers with ACV then you begin to reveal the real size. ACV doesn't cause it to get deeper, however. It's very beneficial for scarring. But mind you, be careful with it. If you overdo it you can have accidents like I did such as burning.

When I went in for a laser resurfacing consultation a year or so ago, the doctor told me that some scars are shaped like a vase, which is why sometimes scars can look worse after a treatment, because the top layer that was removed was just the "opening" of the vase.

I tried the ACV method on my face probably 2 years ago. I definitely noticed the above happening, so I stopped. Regardless, it made my scars look bigger than they were initially. I'm quite sure.

To better describe, the skin inside/around my scars started to become red, subsequently flaking after a few days and peeling off. I was quite fascinated, and thought this was a good thing. But as I mentioned, it wasn't in the end. Mind you, I DID NOT dilute the vinegar at all, and was applying it vigorously and heavily with a cotton ball - I can't remember the strength, but it was a product found in health food stores, aged in wood and with the "mother" at the bottom.

While it might be beneficial to try ACV (given it's very cheap, and convenient to use at home), I just want to warn people to dilute the vinegar if you ever attempt this. And not go overboard.

All the best.