Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingpin343

god damn acne at 20 (time for accutane)

ive had acne since i was 17 which is quite odd because i had really nice skin when other people at school had terrible skin prehaps im a late developer..

tried vitamin b5 10grams, panoxyl cream and gel. every facial wash under the sun, i change my pillow case regulary

i drink alot of cups of tea a day with 2 sugars in, also alot of white bread products, prehaps they are what is giving me greasy skin?

if i get an appointment with my docter do you think i can get him to prescribe accutane? im from the UK by the way.

ive had acne since i was 17 which is quite odd because i had really nice skin when other people at school had terrible skin prehaps im a late developer..

tried vitamin b5 10grams, panoxyl cream and gel. every facial wash under the sun, i change my pillow case regulary

i drink alot of cups of tea a day with 2 sugars in, also alot of white bread products, prehaps they are what is giving me greasy skin?

if i get an appointment with my docter do you think i can get him to prescribe accutane? im from the UK by the way.

Depends on how bad it is... I got acne when I was 19 so I know how you feel... it F#cking sux ass!!! I had beautiful skin in highschool.

does anyone know if a Doctor GP can prescribe this stuff in the UK? I dont want to goto a dermatologist, i also dont want to go thought a load of bs trying alternative treatments blablabla, id goto the pharmasist tomorrow and get the stuff and PAY for it tomorrow if i could, i just want the damn stuff!!!

I'm 20. I would love to be clear before Xmas and my 21st bday which isn't until May 29th because I'm going to Key West. Anyhoo, Have you tried the CSR? It works for a lot of people! I've beeen battling acne for 8 years :(

Kingpin, same situation:

At 16, my face was clear with maybe a zit from time to time. I thought to myself that I was lucky that I didnt get acne. However, my luck ran out at 17 with severe acne. Now, at 19, my acne stepped down to moderate with ice pick scars.

Also, at 17, I took an incomplete cycle of accutane which was a big mistake. It seems that my only solution is a healthy, acne friendly diet which I should have researched when my acne first hit.

Im only in the planning stages of the diet and routine, so my results are pending.

Don't expect to get roaccutane without a dermatologist consultation, it won't happen in the UK. I just saw my doctor on Monday and i have to try a 2nd type of antobiotics while i'm waiting for my appointment with the derm. I ring to arrange the derm appointment on the 20th. Knowing the NHS, the appoointment will be some time around christmas .........

I had bad skin for 10 years before I figured out what was causing it. At certain times it was better than others, but overall it was an everyday battle. When I started college three years ago that's when it got really bad, much worse than when I was in high school. I'm 21 now and I've finally found what causes MY ACNE. My college diet was pure crap, high carb and high sugar, which caused MY skin to breakout. Once I started drinking nothing but water and cut back on high carb foods my skin improved. I would experiment more with different treatments and diets before trying to get on accutane. I know acne is a pain in the butt, but there is a cure out there for YOU.