Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnesux09

i did needling today

today i did needling i didnt hear the pop on all the scars i did, just sum of them, but neways it looks like i just got out of a fight, my face is all blotchy redish in the places i needle hope this will go down in a week :pray:

i used the handwash stuff to wipe the scars off with its 66% alchohol so i hope that works ok

today i did needling i didnt hear the pop on all the scars i did, just sum of them, but neways it looks like i just got out of a fight, my face is all blotchy redish in the places i needle hope this will go down in a week :pray:

i used the handwash stuff to wipe the scars off with its 66% alchohol so i hope that works ok

Hey, how you do it? Did you break the skin or just press?

I've got very sexy scabs from the ones I needled the other day. This last time I needled, I broke through the skin until I pooled blood unlike the other needling I've done which was just pressing.

As of now, the scabs look okay and I can even walk out with them without problems. Of course, it's scabbed over, but at least the depressions aren't bothering me currently. I just read a thread on hydroquinion. I might try it for those past needled scars that have hypopigmentation.

ooh I don't think alchohol is good. It is very drying, and they dont use it to clean wounds much anymore --it's used mostly just to clean off healthy skin before injections and stuff (I have 2 doctors in my family). My plastic surgeon said to never put anything drying on a wound because it promotes scarring. Hope you get good results.

Hmm. Good tip...I only used alchohol to sterilize my needle.

Rubbing alcohol is fine. It is the best sterilizer. All hospitals use it to disenfect an area before they use a needle to draw blood. Believe me, I know. I recently had a series of blood tests for a minor procedure and rubbing alcohol was used each and every time to disenfect the area the needle was going into before hand.

It is and has been commonly used for years for this exact purpose. It will not effect the outcome of the needling process one iota. I have had great success needling and use rubbing alcohol each time to prevent infection. If you can locate another medical grade disenfectant by all means use it. But it is paramount that you disenfect the area to be needled (and the needles themselves), before, during and after the needling session. Good luck.

James

Rubbing alcohol is fine. It is the best sterilizer. All hospitals use it to disenfect an area before they use a needle to draw blood. Believe me, I know. I recently had a series of blood tests for a minor procedure and rubbing alcohol was used each and every time to disenfect the area the needle was going into before hand.

It is and has been commonly used for years for this exact purpose. It will not effect the outcome of the needling process one iota. I have had great success needling and use rubbing alcohol each time to prevent infection. If you can locate another medical grade disenfectant by all means use it. But it is paramount that you disenfect the area to be needled (and the needles themselves), before, during and after the needling session. Good luck.

James

Yes, but if you are prone to breakouts overdrying isn't good.

James

Yes, but if you are prone to breakouts overdrying isn't good.

You can isolate the rubbing alcohol directly onto the scar itself using a Qtip. Dip the Qtip into rubbinng alcohol and just dab the exact area to be needled.

This should help stop the rubbing alcohol from spreading to areas that are not going to be needled thus eliminating any dryness where you don't want it.

Ultimately though a bit of dry skin is a hell of a lot less of problem to deal with than potential blood poisening if proper sterilization is not used. Good luck, James

I tried the one today without puncturing it. Hense not really "needling", but a scab is forming from the pressure Hmmmmmmm got the idea from Bratz? I think........

I'll just try it and see, maybe punture later if it does not work as well.