Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReD

stopping the regimen for a while

i saw few people doing that "do nothing" method and after being on Dan's regimen for 5 months,which cleared me up, i wanna see how my skin reacts to absense of BP and any other acne products(except cetaphil cleanser).

so far after one day, my skin is extra oily and i see one red spot coming up. i'll post update in few days.

i saw few people doing that \"do nothing\" method and after being on Dan's regimen for 5 months,which cleared me up,  i wanna see how my skin reacts to absense of BP and any other acne products(except cetaphil cleanser).

so far after one day, my skin is extra oily and i see one red spot coming up. i'll post update in few days.

i saw few people doing that \"do nothing\" method and after being on Dan's regimen for 5 months,which cleared me up,  i wanna see how my skin reacts to absense of BP and any other acne products(except cetaphil cleanser).

chances are if your acne was bad it will come back. And as in bad I say that you had more than 2 zits on your face at a given time.

Since my back and chest in particular have cleared really well(were really, really severe) i thought id stop using the regimen, ive been off for a week and can only say ive had one new spot, which i got today. I was getting about 2 a day before this and have some very awful redmarks but anywa. Can i ask, since ive stopped using the regimen, if i go back now will i suffer flaking etc.., how long before your skin does not accept bp anymore??

chances are if your acne was bad it will come back. And as in bad I say that you had more than 2 zits on your face at a given time.

i have bad acne and i did the do nothing and it made it good for a week and then it took over again, now im on the regimen which is costing me uber fucking $$$

Joshua,

I can totally feel you. I'm working hard on making a 4oz. bp. It's just a matter of getting it FDA tested and it's ready to go. Will be way better than Neutrogena and uber cheaper :-) Sign up for the mailing list on the homepage and I'll let you know when it comes out.

Regarding "do nothing", I tend to seriously doubt it will do anything, but it will be interesting to hear how it goes.

-Dan

ok, so this is my 3rd day with mixed results.

My skin feels better and more flexible, but i got a few tiny whiteheads on my chin and nose area, along with 2 small bumps, one on my chin and another one on my forehead(i think i had them under my skin for a while, and now they're coming out w/o BP).also my red marks and scars got noticably lighter.

in the evening (yes evening) i use cetaphil bar to shave,so that can count as a wash. next morning i wash with only water in the shower and pat dry.

i also noticed that during the day my skin feels unusually elastic and is definately less shiny than it was with morning cleanse+ BP. next update in few days.

dan i think its really cool you replied to me for one smile.gif thx and for two, i think the skin looks good after you do the "do nothing" because its not irritated from meds, and the redness goes down PLUS you still have some of it under the skin working a bit. then when it all goes away, your back to acne forming. the thing that confused me is after using bp wash 5% for so long with retin a i developed HUGE pustules, that left quick but left HUGE redmarks, thus my face is a circus and it pains me to even look in a mirror, but then i did the "do nothing" and i got a lot of little pustules and my face was SO oily holy moly.

Dan if you read this again could you tell me if this is normal. I used BP wash 5% + retin a for months, at LEAST 12 like they say and it cleared me good i guess but my face never adjusted and was always red, like blotchy too. Then i got off that and decided derms are garbage after this little incident. They recommend me take that dioxcyclin antibiotics and after reading up i didnt want to risk it going away and coming back because i would seriously kill myself, i am clinically depressed, i coiuldnt handle that. So she gives me differin and benzaclin. i never used the differin because retin-a gave me the pustule problem and i know they are similar in the way they work so screw that, but i tried the benzaclin and i swear i got BURNED, BAD! It burned so bad after i put it on holy crap, my face was so red i couldnt even touch it. i couldnt even wash it all off as most got in my pores i guess. so i let it calm down and then a day or so later of leaving my face alone, i decided to put a LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT coating of benzaclin on. same THING HAPPENED! I BURNED HORRIBLE again. now i thought it was just the benzaclin not the bp, but i started your regimen dan and im stinging with the bp. now its not nearly as bad as with benzaclin but its there, it wouldnt be so bad if it didnt last for so long. i put it on at 7am in the morning and it lasts until i shower at 7pm at night basically. is that normal?

after 5 days, my skin is behaving really weird. last 2 days its been extra oily and shiny during the day,but the area around the nose is dry and flaking(wtf??) red marks and scars are continuing to become lighter,but i got few new zits on my forehead and chin area. so far overall my face didnt get noticably worse,but i do have more active acne than with regimen,which is not that apparent cause my redmarks are goin away so it balances out.

almost a week w/o bp and my face is a complete mess,guess i didnt outgrow my acne yet so i'm starting the regimen again. sad.gif