Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tommy_boi

Is Cold Water Ok Sometimes?

Is using cold water to wash the face ok, i dont mean just cold water obviously i use the products in my regimen too, but i cant use warm water to wash my face unless i wash it in the shower which isn't all the time, as my taps only give off cold or hot, there is no inbetween, i'm just wondering if the odd times i use cold water if that is alright, or should i try and wash in the shower everytime and use warm water then cold obviously to close pores.?

Is using cold water to wash the face ok, i dont mean just cold water obviously i use the products in my regimen too, but i cant use warm water to wash my face unless i wash it in the shower which isn't all the time, as my taps only give off cold or hot, there is no inbetween, i'm just wondering if the odd times i use cold water if that is alright, or should i try and wash in the shower everytime and use warm water then cold obviously to close pores.?

Who told you that pores open and close? This is totally wrong. Never use hot water. Just use the warm water from the shower or the cold water from the sink. Case closed.

:ninja:

Who told you that pores open and close? This is totally wrong. Never use hot water. Just use the warm water from the shower or the cold water from the sink. Case closed.

Pores dilate and contract, and the terms 'open' and 'close' are commonly used to refer to such a phenomenon. Therefore, it is not "totally wrong."

tommy_boi, I think if you only have cold or hot water coming from your tap, the cold will be too cold to be gentle on your face. My grandmother has that kind of sink with the separate faucets and I hate it! I have developed a technique to deal with it when I stay at her house...I turn on both taps, cup my hands and fill them with cold water. Then I put the pool of water under the hot tap for 2 or 3 seconds to let the hot mix with the cold to make it warm for my face. It's a pain in the butt, but it works, and it's painful to try to use just the cold.

I agree with her 100% and she had a great suggestion! warm water allows the cleanser to enter the pores by relaxing the skin. Cold is not only uncomfortable but will not get your skin completely clean.

hahaha thats elementry school sciene class everything expands and contracts due to change in temperture

For hemmorhoids the doctor will tell you to do a SITS BATH where you alternate between sitting in cold and hot tubs of water. This makes the swelling go down by flushing the blood in and out of the inflammed rhoid. Everyone knows that when the body gets cold, ,the blood will be drawn away from the limbs and skin and in towards the core of the body. Very warm water will have the opposite effect.

I've used this method when I had an especially bad bump, really inflamed zit:

I just use really warm water, or I do this after exercising when my body temperature is up and my blood is still pumping.

I get a big bowl, fill it with cold water and with some ice cubes. THen alternate between getting my face warm and then very cold. My Dad told me about this. It won't cure a person of acne, but it definitely helps draw the pus/inflammation out of your skin and into the blood stream. It will help take the painful swelling out of any bumps even big ones.

Same idea with ice cubes.

SOme people say you can break a capillary that way, but I never have. Just don't overdo it though. You know when hot is too hot and when cold is too cold.