Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laura lou

funny looks people give....

Its happened to a lot of us im sure......happens to me all the time....when people stare at your skin. I hate it when people blatenlt are looking at my skin. Was on the train earlier, and there was this snooty looking woman who was just staring at my skin for like 10mins and she looked disgusted. I was so mad...i just had to look away from her otherwise i would have given her some evil looks! lol! :confused:

I hate it when people stare at my skin...its not as if i need reminding of how bad i look

Anyways....anyone got similar stories to share?

I always think ppl are looking at me/skin, a bit of paranoa I guess still :(

:comfort:

aww thats how i feel!

now im at college, i feel like all my new friends stare at my skin too....hopefully they dont take much notice! :confused:

Yes, I can totally relate. I live in NYC. When I commute on the train there are people in my face for and hour in the morning and hour in the evening. grrrr :(. I bring a paper, book or magazine with me. I try to find a corner seat. I put my ipod on and pull what I am reading high almost covering my whole face to read. I am paranoid and am always giving this look :shifty: . I know people think I am wierd on top of having bad skin...lol, but I cant help it. I wanna see if I can tell if people are noticing my face. My face is better than it has been in a long while. thnx to my regimen that i do faithfully ( in my signature). I also would like to give a SHOUT OUT to Dan for his effective affordable bp (so far SO GOOD but only been a week with the new bp). I am a female but I can put on my "New York dont F*** with me" look when i feel someone is staring to long. Over all my face is better but my insecurities of being judge badly is still healing (even at 28). Oh I would like to add i picked this up yesterday Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. I now put this on after bp before aha lotion. It feels nice but not sure yet if it is working. It is supposed to help with healing, red marks and scares.

Yea, I know how you feel...

But maybe sometimes it's just paranoia...

Like for example, sometimes when I walk outside, for some reason, some people (especially men) just stare at me. My boyfriend noticed that, and he said that they stare at me because I'm "hot" which made me feel soooo good because inside of me I thought they were starring at my skin....but who knows. Oh well... you shouldn't think about this too much. Let them think whatever they want to! 'cause you are beautiful.

i always feel from the corner of my eye that the person is looking at my skin,but when i turn and look at them i see they are not looking at me but something beside me,this always happens- i think i have some phobia and some of us might have that feeling to being over conscious about our facial problems.Im not saying that people dont look at you im sure they do & unfor. not much we can really do even if we comment they can hurt us more commenting back on our skin flaw.But this happens to me almost all the time wher ei fele someone is looking at me when they arent..

knowing that the left side of my chin breaks out, i choose seats in a classroom on the left-hand side so that i dont face people with my left. haha, so paranoid!!

people actually (used to, its really stopping all of a sudden now.. FINALLY) pause before they respond 2 me cause they stare so intractily at my face.

I usually dont think about acne first when people stare at me...LOL Im Black. :lol:

so what? if your talking about racism... well it depends. if you look like you carry a gun in your pocket thats your fault

EDIT: just saw your pic. no.... i really doubt they stare at you cause your black :|

hm.. I think you should just devour their soul.... Well maybe not... I guess you could try not to pay attention to those people.

It was a joke...LOL....and just what do guns have to do with being black?

oh nevermind...... :D

:lol:

well it has to do with the guys like a 5 min walk from my house thats what.

well it has to do with the guys like a 5 min walk from my house thats what.

:think: somehow the reasoning and the correlation isnt quite connecting.

my previous comment had nothing to do with racism or guns. This being an acne forum, it would seem that those two issues would be more than a little out of place....not to mention awkward.

knowing that the left side of my chin breaks out, i choose seats in a classroom on the left-hand side so that i dont face people with my left. haha, so paranoid!!

OMG i so do that on the bus... if i feel my left side is bad today i sit on the left side of the bus so the light from the window makes it look a little bit better lol! and visa versa.

As far as funny looks go i usually walk around with my sleves rolled up! now your all thinking "well why do you do that?" well ill tell you lol! i look kinda like a shy, young, innocent lad however lets just say i kinda have a few tattoos, i think people are like "wow, did you see that guys tattoo" and they kinda dont notice my face as much because i REALLY REALLY dont look like the kind of person who should have a full tribal sleve on his arm! lol

You should have stuck you middle finger up and he and said "Yeah, thats right bitch... go fuck yourself!"

i just had to look away from her otherwise i would have given her some evil looks!

You should've gave her a dirty look ..why not shes giving you a disgust look. You will never see her again.