Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItalHawk87

hey guys and girls...

it has been a while since ive been o nthe forums and most probably don't know me so that is okay but just wanted to take a break before coming back and such... my question is atm has anyone found a successful way to get rid of there redmarks in good time... i do use aha as u see in my sig and well i don't think bio-oil is in the usa as of yet...

there's a good thread pinned in redmarks forum, you should take a look at it

ppl say great stuff about bio-oil, but i haven't tried it yet

i use puredeming ig r-ala which is great, but it won't erase them overnight

and i do ga peels 2-3 times a year which are more likely to fade redmarks

Bio oil should only be used if your clear from acne, as using bio oil on existing acne will cause it to be aggrivated.

you can try it cause every1 is different but good luck :)

best way i know of is if your acne has calmed down..or stoped..to stop using BP or stop using it so much.

i've heard great things about bio oil so I want to try that soon.

uno i really disagree with people that say bp slows down the rate at which red/brown marks fade. the reason i my opinion why people feel it extends the lengh of their stay is due to the lack of exfoliation + u spend alot more time luking at ur skin therefore you wont notice much fading. my advice is to exfoliate when ur clear, but stop if it breaks u out.

i never had great results with glycolic acid, but recently i tried a moisturizer called Lac Hydrin Five, which has lactic acid in it. Although this is just a different aha, i have had good results with it. if you have not tried lactic acid, I suggest you try this for not all ahas are created equal.

yea but i never see any lactic acid type aha in places like cvs or walgreens mainly because companies are like always trying for that 'maxi' strength crap... and i think stop bping would help my redmarks making because i have sensitive skin and bp does irritate it a little bit no matter what

ItalHawk,

You might consider going to the regular version of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. I noticed in your signature you are using the sensitive skin version, it has about half the amount of AHA of the regular version.

This would likely help those redmarks resolve faster.

Either that or use your NHSFL sensitive skin version twice a day instead of once.

i have used the original neutrogena and stop using that cuz it would sting my skin even after a long time of using it and for the twice a day sensitive type... that could work but doesn't moisturize as well as the cetaphil... but that could work too... hmmmmm

yea but i never see any lactic acid type aha in places like cvs or walgreens mainly because companies are like always trying for that 'maxi' strength crap... and i think stop bping would help my redmarks making because i have sensitive skin and bp does irritate it a little bit no matter what

Lac-Hydrin Five is a lactic acid moisturizer and I found it at Walgreen. It's a big 8 oz. bottle that is white with a green lable.

I think your skin could easily tolerate it twice a day.