Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

unlickily my mom is diabetic, but i was able to use her needles to help with some icepick scars around my hairline. did it for the first time yesterday. can already see a big improvement but i presume thats just the swelling. got little tiny scabs aswell. my scars are only minor and in one area (side of eyebrow area) but just wanted to see how successful people have been with this technique

so, has needling worked for you? how much improvement and how long have you been doing it

thanks guys and girls

xxx

unlickily my mom is diabetic, but i was able to use her needles to help with some icepick scars around my hairline. did it for the first time yesterday. can already see a big improvement but i presume thats just the swelling. got little tiny scabs aswell. my scars are only minor and in one area (side of eyebrow area) but just wanted to see how successful people have been with this technique

so, has needling worked for you? how much improvement and how long have you been doing it

thanks guys and girls

xxx

Do they really use that kind of needle in needling?

Yes, it's pretty much reccommended. Although I use a regular sewing needle. I'm using it under my own risk because I'm just too lazy to go out and buy diabetic needles.

Yes, it's pretty much reccommended. Although I use a regular sewing needle. I'm using it under my own risk because I'm just too lazy to go out and buy diabetic needles.

I think you are taking a big chance with the sewing needles. The diabetic needles have a much finer point. So there is less room for disaster.

Diabetic needles are available without a prescription ( in California anyway) at any Walgreens or Long's drug store. Only 8 to 10 bucks for around 10 to 12 needles. I strongly advise you to buy them. Good luck,

James

I think you are taking a big chance with the sewing needles. The diabetic needles have a much finer point. So there is less room for disaster.

Diabetic needles are available without a prescription ( in California anyway) at any Walgreens or Long's drug store. Only 8 to 10 bucks for around 10 to 12 needles. I strongly advise you to buy them. Good luck,

James

Finer? Are you sure? My grandmother is diabetic and I've seen her lancets. My sewing needle is much thinner than hers. I don't use her's because I'm not gonna steal hers, of course. My sewing needles are the kinds that have a rounded head at the end with various colors. They are very very thin. What lancet brands are you buying? Also, I'm pretty sure there are many places you can get them without prescription. I see them at my NY/NJ Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid stores all over like typical over the counter, but I wonder sometimes why some states require prescription.

*I posted a comment on a reply you gave on how I still didn't get why we can't use sewing needles.

Ignore that.

James

Finer? Are you sure? My grandmother is diabetic and I've seen her lancets. My sewing needle is much thinner than hers. I don't use her's because I'm not gonna steal hers, of course. My sewing needles are the kinds that have a rounded head at the end with various colors. They are very very thin. What lancet brands are you buying? Also, I'm pretty sure there are many places you can get them without prescription. I see them at my NY/NJ Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid stores all over like typical over the counter, but I wonder sometimes why some states require prescription.

*I posted a comment on a reply you gave on how I still didn't get why we can't use sewing needles.

Ignore that.

I think diabetic needles ( or lancet type) are the thinnest available. I am sure they have a finer point than sewing needles. But I could be wrong, if there is a type of sewing needle available that I have never seen that is thinner than the typical ones.... I have not seen that type of sewing needle in my lifetime. But I would go to Walgreens and buy the lancets just to be sure.

Use lancets if you can't get the typical type of diabetic syringe. Diabetic syringes have it over lancets in my opinion becuase they are easier to manipulate as you needle. But the fineness of the points are equal.

Just err on the side of caution. Good luck, James

can i use Whiskey as a alcohoic wipe to sterilize before needling?

It never ceases to amaze me some of the dumbest questions asked on this board, Just go out and buy a 99cent bottle of rubbing alcohol. Christ.

It never ceases to amaze me some of the dumbest questions asked on this board, Just go out and buy a 99cent bottle of rubbing alcohol. Christ.

rofl

rofl

And don't drink and needle, you need your wits about you! :lol:

Okay - I have a question. Since this was the first topic re. needling, I'll post there rather than starting a new thread.

After getting a PM from a member here regarding directions (thanks btw!) today I dropped by my Pharmacy to purchase everything necessary. However, I discovered I need a prescription for diabetic needles etc, and Chemists aren't allowed to sell sterile alcohol to the public. I'm in Australia, so obviously it must be different here :wacko:

I could purchase some sewing needles, the smallest possible. In fact I have some handy - unopened. However others have warned against them. My other concern is sterilisation - if sewing needles are my only alternative, what are the safest/best methods to sterilise the tip without being harmed, and also what to use to prep my face beforehand? Apologies for hijacking the thread, but any answers, in conjunction with the original topic, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Okay - I have a question. Since this was the first topic re. needling, I'll post there rather than starting a new thread.

After getting a PM from a member here regarding directions (thanks btw!) today I dropped by my Pharmacy to purchase everything necessary. However, I discovered I need a prescription for diabetic needles etc, and Chemists aren't allowed to sell sterile alcohol to the public. I'm in Australia, so obviously it must be different here :wacko:

I could purchase some sewing needles, the smallest possible. In fact I have some handy - unopened. However others have warned against them. My other concern is sterilisation - if sewing needles are my only alternative, what are the safest/best methods to sterilise the tip without being harmed, and also what to use to prep my face beforehand? Apologies for hijacking the thread, but any answers, in conjunction with the original topic, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Well I tried it last night. But with the smallest sewing needle possible (not diabetic syringe) since I was told I needed a prescription earlier that afternoon visiting the Chemist also, straight after reading this thread, and others subsequently, in fact. I'm in Oz also. Asking for needles without a prescription (a diabetic would obviously know he/she would need one) was rather embarrassing :wacko: But like I mention in another topic I started, I restrained myself a bit; 1. because I cringe at the sight/pain of needles and 2. the potential damage of a somewhat larger tip. Thread is here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=116941

In there I've asked for feedback, but no responses yet haha. Hopefully I'm doing the right thing, and everything I've described is a sign that I'm on track.

I also get very paranoid about blood poisoning etc, so with the needle (it was new by the way) I put the tip under a naked flame, and then boiled it in a pot.

I look into the dark area of my monitor as I speak; my scars were VERY noticeable and quite deep before, but now they've somewhat reduced. Most likely the result of swelling (as others have mentioned) and still VERY early days, but nevertheless I'm quite excited. Alcohol, I don't have the 'proper' stuff. But I just gently swabbed the area with antiseptic stuff from the medicine cabinet.

Good luck!