Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christa

Acne is ruinung my life

I don't know what to do anymore. It always seems to be getting worse. I can't concentrate. I'm normally an honours/ merit student and this year my marks are going down. I am becoming anti-social. I am severely depressed and spend at least an hour every night crying about it sometimes I cry for five hours straight. I don't know what to do anymore. I just need to vent.

Honey, I am so sorry you feel like this. Honestly. But you have to remember - other people are suffering from acne. Have you tried the regimen? If not, GIVE IT A SHOT! It's worth going through the routine for several months to have the confidence to go through the day without crying.

yea, my grades have been goin' down too, i don't think it's cuz of acne though. i've just become less motivated and more stressed out now. don't let it get to you. hang out with more people that also have acne, it will be less uncomfortable, and you won't be anti-social anymore! biggrin.gif

yeah thanx but I guess the worst part is that I always look back at the time when I didn't have acne and I realize how happy I was and I always think that if I could just get rid of them my life would be so much better and I would be me again. I am sixteen and right up until about two weeks before my sixteenth birthday (June 27 this year) the problem started. It started out as like two zits on my chin and now... But thanx for the support all

Wow you've only been dealing with it for a very short period of time then.....

I've been dealing with it for about 3 years now and to most people that is a VERY short amount of time.....

Christa,

Not to make light of what you are going through (because I'm not, I'm really not), but you are lucky to have acne now with all the wonderful new medications/topicals that they have NOW.

I've had acne since I was 10 (am now 33) and would give anything to be that age again with the Neutrogena On-the-Spot and Dan's acne regimen because then I wouldn't have all these acne scars to deal with. Really give it a try because with consistency you will find that it does work and you will be able to have clear skin WITHOUT scarring if you do it now.

Chin up girlfriend, you are still young.....don't let this ruin it for you......

~nancy

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I second Nancy's post.

Forget Acne friend......it's gonna be alright! smile.gif

i'm so depressed too and my marks are going down as well... i know how you feel. i just want to die sometimes and this is one of those times

i'm so depressed too and my marks are going down as well... i know how you feel. i just want to die sometimes and this is one of those times

Guest Crooked I

Go to your doc and get something. Theres no point in doing nothing.

Ahhh thanx so much smile.gif Yeah I started to try using it but it made my skin look crusty and red so I stopped but I'll try again. My mom booked and appointment to the derm and I may try ortho-tricyclene while using benzoyl peroxide on my face. [-o< I'll keep my results on the internet once I start using it to give some people who might want to try it an idea of how effective this is. Yeah the red marks really suck too but there's nothing you can do about them. It is said that almost everybody has acne but when you go through the day it seems like everybody's skin is so much better. Where are these people!?!?!? Thanx everyone!

I was 16 two days ago, and have had ache for four years, some days its good and i feel great, other times (like today) i feel really depressed and anti-social. I have a job interview on saturday so lets hope it gets better for then.

I was 16 two days ago, and have had ache for four years, some days its good and i feel great, other times (like today) i feel really depressed and anti-social. I have a job interview on saturday so lets hope it gets better for then.

Hey!

Ive been using ortho tri cyclene for a while now, and it cleared my skin completely. The only mistake I made was I went off of it for about 6 months, and just a few weeks ago, my acne flared up (BAD) and I freaked out, so now I am back on the pill. The only thing is, it takes 3 months for it to start working (this is what the dermatologist told me today) but after that, you will see, the results are amazing! That with benzyol peroxide (if you'll even need it) will be great! Good luck sweetie!

Hey!

Ive been using ortho tri cyclene for a while now, and it cleared my skin completely. The only mistake I made was I went off of it for about 6 months, and just a few weeks ago, my acne flared up (BAD) and I freaked out, so now I am back on the pill. The only thing is, it takes 3 months for it to start working (this is what the dermatologist told me today) but after that, you will see, the results are amazing! That with benzyol peroxide (if you'll even need it) will be great! Good luck sweetie!

Hmm thanx Sounds promising I'll ask about that when I go in for my appointment. Do you get a breakout at first when you go on it.

I don't know what to do anymore. It always seems to be getting worse. I can't concentrate. I'm normally an honours/ merit student and this year my marks are going down. I am becoming anti-social. I am severely depressed and spend at least an hour every night crying about it sometimes I cry for five hours straight. I don't know what to do anymore. I just need to vent.