Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baberella

so bloody depressed

have been doing the csr religously for 5.5 weeks.my skin looks horrible.every few days i think maybe just maybe things are slightly improving then i wake up with three new spots every morning!nowface a mess of red marks and spots. :(

i dont know what i amn doing wrong.i use:

simple face wash

1/3-1/2 finger csr gel (only jaw area)

eucerin dry relief face cream

this is done morning and night.

i am so fed up with worrying if its my makeup or swimming or touching etc!

should i just try antibiotics or birth control?or should i try an asprin mask? :confused:

Think I know how you feel :(

Haven't been on the regimen that long though, and I'm not sure I should recommend trying somthing else.

Though, a deep-cleansing facial mask a few times a week probably wouldn't hurt ;)

You can use natural yoghurt :P

baberella, you have to give it *at least* three months! Seriously, don't think it's not working unless it still isn't after that long. I'm so glad I stuck with the CSR through the tough early months (yes, months, not weeks). I was looking at my face this morning after washing (the worst time to look), and I remembered how my spots and marks used to light up like Christmas lights at such times, but no more. Compared to the bad old days, my skin looks bloody fantastic now. Keep the faith! :comfort:

baberella, you have to give it *at least* three months! Seriously, don't think it's not working unless it still isn't after that long. I'm so glad I stuck with the CSR through the tough early months (yes, months, not weeks). I was looking at my face this morning after washing (the worst time to look), and I remembered how my spots and marks used to light up like Christmas lights at such times, but no more. Compared to the bad old days, my skin looks bloody fantastic now. Keep the faith! :comfort:

thanks i guess at this point i expected at least some improvement not worsening!!it seems that aspot will appear just outside th ebp area so i have to keep widening it!then that sets off more redness and irritation!

Look here, especially under Week 5-8:

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

Stick with it a little while longer before you change your regimen. Stay strong!

good advice! I agree.

I agree here too!

Baberella, hang in there. Maybe use a bit more BP and see if that helps. It can take a few months before noticeable clearing happens, so don't give up now!

p.s. you mentioned a concern about your makeup.....What are you using?

Please keep us posted! Unfortunately, despite the encouragement and help of folks on the board, I had to get off of it after 5 weeks :( I just started CSR to get rid of the mild, occasional spot or 2 on my cheek or jaw, and 5 weeks later I had severely broken-out skin. (see Gallery) :redface: I know I should have stuck with it, but I have to take a TWO WEEK business trip on Sept 24 and I had to give myself some time to heal before then. My skin has cleared up a lot but I have a lot of scarring and redness now to contend with. :wall:

Seriously though if you stick with it, let us know how you do, cuz next time I know I won't be going anywhere for a few weeks, I want to give it another shot!

Please keep us posted! Unfortunately, despite the encouragement and help of folks on the board, I had to get off of it after 5 weeks :( I just started CSR to get rid of the mild, occasional spot or 2 on my cheek or jaw, and 5 weeks later I had severely broken-out skin. (see Gallery) :redface: I know I should have stuck with it, but I have to take a TWO WEEK business trip on Sept 24 and I had to give myself some time to heal before then. My skin has cleared up a lot but I have a lot of scarring and redness now to contend with. :wall:

Seriously though if you stick with it, let us know how you do, cuz next time I know I won't be going anywhere for a few weeks, I want to give it another shot!

Royalredus,

If all you ever get is a spot or two on your cheek occasionally, I don't think I'd do any sort of Regimen. I'd just spot treat those with BP when they happen to occur.

The CSR is more designed for people who are always battling breakouts, whether they are mild or moderate, there is always some pimples to contend with.

But for random occasional pimples, I wouldn't go to all the trouble. I'd just spot treat with BP and use a gentle cleanser. imo.

oh so confused!my skin was worse than yours to begin with but is definetly going that way!v crusty!i dont know what to do-have booked my wedding for june and want nice skin!antibiotics worked in the past but not a long term solution.i think mine is v hormanal as completly clear when preg with my daughter and after until i got preg withson now gettting worse since i had him?!

Haha...thanks Brandy. This summer it's been more frequent for me, like I couldn't go for even a week without SOME sort of new spot, and they were getting large, sore, and leaving red marks for quite a while. So to look at me, these new "occasional" spots were starting to add up and I have what I consider to be a legitimate case of mild acne.

Even though I had to quit for now, I still contend that the CSR WORKS. I deviated from it for 2 days when i tried Apple Cider Vinegar, and I wore make-up practically the whole time, which are 2 no-no's, so I didn't do everything I could/should have done to ensure that I'd get the max results.

:angel: So if you can, STICK WITH IT PEOPLE!! :angel:

oh so confused!my skin was worse than yours to begin with but is definetly going that way!v crusty!i dont know what to do-have booked my wedding for june and want nice skin!antibiotics worked in the past but not a long term solution.i think mine is v hormanal as completly clear when preg with my daughter and after until i got preg withson now gettting worse since i had him?!

Just listen to Brandy, b/c she's absolutely right. She's been on this CSR for a loooong time and has coached many people through it! As I said, I didn't do everything I should have, so if you stick with it, I FULLY believe you will get the desired result.

Hi im on my 5th week too and my skin is alot worse than when i started and also have alot of marks...kind of thought it would have worked by now as i only had very,very mild acne to begin with but it is now being very stubbon.

Im deffinetly going to stick with it for atleast another month and i think you should too.....we have come this far surely it can only get better!

It should deffinetly be better in time for june. Good luck! xx

I went to the UCSF medical library again two days ago and I just finished reading the latest acne text that they had there that I photocopied and here are two direct quotes that are applicable here:

"It takes approximately 8 weeks for a microcomedone to develop into a visible acne lesion. This is one reason why the full effect of acne medications is not achieved until therapy has been administered for several weeks."

"It needs to be stressed that acne is a chronic disease and that no response will be seen before a minimum of 4 weeks of therapy. This is especially important for teenage patients, who often become discouraged if results are not seen quickly despite the fact that they have been following their prescribed regimen."

I heartily disagree with the second statement in one regard, which is that many people will respond to benzoyl peroxide before 4 weeks of therapy. But for people with more chronic acne, patience is often required.

Look here, especially under Week 5-8:

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

Stick with it a little while longer before you change your regimen. Stay strong!

I have just read this and I have been on the reg for about 3 weeks now and I have to say it has more or less gone like this, breaking out at first and very irritated skin , over the last week my skin felt and looked a bit better but this week I am breaking out again ,. And the spots I am getting are big ones that hurt :(

my skin is very oily too

Why don't you try adding some supplements to your diet? The best ones for acne are: Zinc, Vitamins A, C, and E, Omega-3, and MSM. Also, you might want to eliminate the following from your diet: refined sugar, red meat, dairy. Those are just general suggestions. With a very specific analysis and much research, I was able to greatly reduce the severity and frequency of my acne. Now, CSR has finished it off. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Rest assured we all know how you feel!

Why don't you try adding some supplements to your diet? The best ones for acne are: Zinc, Vitamins A, C, and E, Omega-3, and MSM. Also, you might want to eliminate the following from your diet: refined sugar, red meat, dairy. Those are just general suggestions. With a very specific analysis and much research, I was able to greatly reduce the severity and frequency of my acne. Now, CSR has finished it off. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Rest assured we all know how you feel!

thanks,i bought some zinc today-if i cut the above out i would starve!!!!!!!!!

hahaha - it's not as hard to avoid them as you think. For instance, substitute steak with turkey, beef work pork chops, milk with silk (soy milk), sugar with stevia, soda with water, etc.

As for the zinc, glad you got it. I recommend you take 30-50mg/day to start with a meal.

Good luck!

Is it safe to take vitamin supplements when you don't really, truly need them (ie, having an deficiency?) I was considering taking some kind of supplement, but I'm worried it isn't safe for you body if it doesn't really need it.

Yes, vitamins/supplements are very safe as long as you don't take crazy doses. You are just supplementing with nutrients your body needs anyway.

Also, if you are following the typical American diet, you are probably deficient in various nutrients and you don't even know it. For example, American diets are usually high in omega-6 and 9. We need to lower our intake of those or add omega-3 to balance it out.

If vitamins/supplements worry you, I would be happy to suggest specific foods and diet changes instead that provide the necessary nutrients that your body needs. Either way, your body can't function properly without all the correct raw materials. If you are not getting them one way or another, you can have all sorts of problems. The reason acne is so prominent is that it's very visible. For instance, alcoholics destroy their livers, but they don't experience external symptoms until the problem is very serious.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to try to help!

One more thing...

Many vitamins and minerals are water-soluble. That means that your body will naturally filter out any excess and excrete it as waste. For example, if you take too many B vitamins, your urine will turn bright yellow as they are removed from your body.

There are some supplements like pure Vitamin-A that are fat-soluble though. You need to be careful not to take too much of those because they can build up and become toxic. However, the dose needs to be quite high to cause this. For this reason, beta-carotene is usually substituted for Vitamin A because your body will only break down as much of it as needed.

In short, supplements are very safe when taken below extreme doses. Good luck!

WOW...this is fantastic information!! And very timely too, b/c I just happened to be studying my vitamin bottle label yesterday wondering if there's anything in it that'll possibly help my skin. It's an Ester-C brand vitamin for women and I just started it last week. Seems to have plenty of B5 (Pantothenic Acid) which some folks on here swear by, and also zinc. And I know what you mean about the urine. Practically flourescent. LOL-TMI!

Are you a dietician? How'd you get so smart about these vitamins? :angel:

No, I'm not a dietician. I've just had about 10 years battling acne. After blindly trusting my derm and getting only limited mixed results, I decided to research alternatives myself. I have read many books on acne, diet, nutrition, vitamins, lifestyle, biology, medicine, and other supplements. In fact, I've gotten quite good at recommending diet/nutrition changes to improve other conditions besides acne as well.

In this case, I have just listed some information about the supplements that most commonly improve acne on a broad scale. However, for full effectiveness, each specific person must be analyzed differently.

On a side note... mega-doses of B5 are a lot of hype and few results. This approach was only substantiated by a single study in Asia. It is my belief that it will help if you are deficient in B5 for some reason. It's possible that the diet of the people in the tested region produced many B5 deficiencies. However, I don't think that is the case for most people. I have even read some uncomfortable side effects from the B5 such as joint pain, vivid dreams, dry skin (still with acne), etc. I recommend you don't take more than the FDA recommended dose of B5. If you want, take a good multi-vitamin daily with a meal. Then add your extra acne-specific supplements on top of that. Make sure to add in the vitamins contained in the multi when calculating your daily dose. Good luck!

Very interesting. Yeah right now I'm just taking the multi, and eating a pretty healthy diet. I'm trying not to incorporate any unknown variables into the mix right now, like extra supplements, and smearing a bunch of weird goop on my face. Even though I'm not doing it currently, I appreciate the simplicity of the Clear Skin Regimen, so I'm trying to maintain that philosophy in other aspects, such as diet and nutrition.

Thanks for the info! By the way, how's your acne battle going?

Well a little background... I am coming from moderate/severe acne with mostly cysts. Over the past 4 years I have been successful in changing my diet, nutrition (including supplements), and lifestyle to greatly reduce the severity and frequency of my acne (severe to mild). I have added the CSR to that over the past month and I'm about 99% clear now. There are few faint red marks from old acne still, but no one can notice them. If this trend continues, I should be 100% clear with no red marks very soon.

Some additional benefits to this have been: I have lost weight, I have more energy, I sleep better, I do not feel lethargic or nausea after certain meals, my digestive system works better, I can concentrate easier, my hair and nails grow faster and healthier, etc.

Let us know how you are making out!