Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ss14

amzing product for those annoying holes/ICE PICK SCARS!!

It's giving me small bumps, so I had to stop using it for a few days. =/

Me too and someone above wrote that he/she had them kept using it and they went away in a week or so.

I got a few small bumps after the first few days of use but started just minimally applying it to mainly the scarred areas only. Havn't gotten anymore since.

is anyone using this on their back? any results?

also i'm assuming it doesn't do anything for raised scars? (not keloids exactly, but shiny pockets of raised skin...) have you guys noticed?

So is the plumping of the scars permanent or not? If you stop using the product will your scars go back to the way they looked before?

I've been using a regimen of Tazorac and deep skin massage for my scars for a few weeks now ith little to show for it and I have to admit, seeing people get instant results from an OTC product does make me a wee bit jealous. I guess I'll give the Tazorac another month at most to prove itself and then try this if I'm still not getting any results. My only concern is that I'm currently using a SA wash to control my acne and since you cannot use any SA products with the scar eraser, I'll break out while using it thus resulting in further scarring. Can you use tea tree oil, BP, or retinoids with this?

So is the plumping of the scars permanent or not? If you stop using the product will your scars go back to the way they looked before?

I've been using a regimen of Tazorac and deep skin massage for my scars for a few weeks now ith little to show for it and I have to admit, seeing people get instant results from an OTC product does make me a wee bit jealous. I guess I'll give the Tazorac another month at most to prove itself and then try this if I'm still not getting any results. My only concern is that I'm currently using a SA wash to control my acne and since you cannot use any SA products with the scar eraser, I'll break out while using it thus resulting in further scarring. Can you use tea tree oil, BP, or retinoids with this?

Yeah I use differin with it. I didnt really see any results from using retinods either. It makes my skin shiny and healthy and obviously zit free. I really dont know about it as a scar treatment though. Many on here wiht just minor scars have used it for years and still have them.

I've been using this off and on, I did get more zits in some scars and mainly in the raised up part. The edges of a lot of my scars are thicker and I'm wondering if it's just a bad idea to put the lotion there at all.

Keith, did you have any improvement in raised scars with this? I was hoping it would work as a retinoid and reprogram the skin to produce normal skin but maybe not. I do see some of the plumping everyone is talking about which is promising, but I wonder if it is totally just irritation which would go away when stopped. One of my shallow scars has looked better since using it, however, it never did really bother me.

I've been using this off and on, I did get more zits in some scars and mainly in the raised up part. The edges of a lot of my scars are thicker and I'm wondering if it's just a bad idea to put the lotion there at all.

Keith, did you have any improvement in raised scars with this? I was hoping it would work as a retinoid and reprogram the skin to produce normal skin but maybe not. I do see some of the plumping everyone is talking about which is promising, but I wonder if it is totally just irritation which would go away when stopped. One of my shallow scars has looked better since using it, however, it never did really bother me.

I had one raised scar and unfortunately nothing topical worked at all on it. I had it injected with kenalog which brought it down a lot. I then had it excised a few weeks ago. Its history now.

Also everyone is getting irritated from using the scar eraser? I never had any irritation or zits from it. Surely the stuff does not clog pores since it is by the retail proactive company. Maybe that is just minor irritation or something.

I had one raised scar and unfortunately nothing topical worked at all on it. I had it injected with kenalog which brought it down a lot. I then had it excised a few weeks ago. Its history now.

Also everyone is getting irritated from using the scar eraser? I never had any irritation or zits from it. Surely the stuff does not clog pores since it is by the retail proactive company. Maybe that is just minor irritation or something.

Thanks for the info, I had kenalog in these scars originally which is what caused parts to atrophy. Excision would be out because of the width. I just wonder if the scar eraser would make it worse. Since it is plumping the skin it is probably causing some irritation and irritation can cause acne in sensitive people. So I wonder once the skin gets used to the stuff if the plumping will go away. I also saw initial plumping of scars with retinoids, however it just peeled my skin too much, where this product doesn't. I'll give it awhile and see what happens.

I hate to jump to conclusions too quick but I felt better about my skin the past few days than I have in ages. I have quite a few very small shallow scars and one larger (like 10X larger) than the rest. Without makeup on, my skin looks quite smooth under most lighting. With makeup, the small scars are still visible but it seems like less. Some of my happiness may be attributed to a tca cross which looked really bad the first week or so after the scab fell off. It is now blending more and shrinking (thank god) a bit. I think the scar eraser has attributed to the slighly smoother skin I seem to be experiencing. Possibly its the hydro-whatever that evens the skintone as well but I do see a definite plumping action going on here. This may have saved me several hundred which I planned to spend on smoohbeam AGAIN. I still may have a few more smoothbeams but I think this stuff is good. Definetly worth every cent of the 15 or so bucks it cost!!

just wondering...does this stuff cause irritation?? Like taz does?? I plan on using sunscreen, but alone...will this dry out and irritate my skin??

just wondering...does this stuff cause irritation?? Like taz does?? I plan on using sunscreen, but alone...will this dry out and irritate my skin??

If you are on accutane you might want to ask your doctor but otherwise it should be ok. I had very mild flaking when putting it all over and using alot, but now that I just spot treat and use less there isn't as much flaking, but I have gotten the small bumps. I'm hoping that goes away soon.

If you are on accutane you might want to ask your doctor but otherwise it should be ok. I had very mild flaking when putting it all over and using alot, but now that I just spot treat and use less there isn't as much flaking, but I have gotten the small bumps. I'm hoping that goes away soon.

I ask my doctor and he siad it was cool to use on accutane so I did. Never had any problems.

Well, I spoke too soon. After the first few little bumps, I thought that was it, but then I got another one. Nothing major, but it's in a place on my cheeks where I normally don't get them and even the slightest new scar is a concern for me on my cheeks so I may have to ease off this stuff or possibly use a different moisturizer while I'm using it. Currently using Avon luminosity which has never broken me out. One of the three small bumps is gone, the second still barely remains and the third, I just zapped with hot water and bp, so hopefully, no little marks will be left behind. In either case, if this stuff doesn't break you out then it is good. Maybe I was using too much again.

Well, I spoke too soon. After the first few little bumps, I thought that was it, but then I got another one. Nothing major, but it's in a place on my cheeks where I normally don't get them and even the slightest new scar is a concern for me on my cheeks so I may have to ease off this stuff or possibly use a different moisturizer while I'm using it. Currently using Avon luminosity which has never broken me out. One of the three small bumps is gone, the second still barely remains and the third, I just zapped with hot water and bp, so hopefully, no little marks will be left behind. In either case, if this stuff doesn't break you out then it is good. Maybe I was using too much again.

Try using one of those pointy Q-Tips (for make-up) application (disposable kind) and just poke a little into the scar and a little around the edges. Make sure you get enough not too little on.

The little bumps are annoying but they go away not leaving marks. I just take a day or 2 off once in awhile and BP em. They go fast that way.

:)

You are a liar, SS14. :evil:

My scars are way worse than that photo, so F yourself, SS14!

I read this thread from the beginning....until this

I've found something interesting about ss14 all of you should know... He/She is full of shit, the before and after pictures he displays on this thread http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry1354048 arent him. The before picture is like he said not him but close to it, he's not lying there, it's not him, or her as he/she so claims to be, the second picture is a female obviously, and as for the 3rd picture, that's this guy http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&album=3588. I've just proved this person is lying. If you don't believe it see for yourself. I don't know what this person is trying to pull I personally think it's an add. NICE TRY ss14.

So... I did not buy.

But, for those who have positive result using this product....congrats!

yeah obviously ss14's last close up photo isn't her, and it's some other dude. but, from the beggining she borrowed photos that weren't her to represent her scaring.

if you really work for the company why would you steal photos from the same website you're trying to market to?

i think this girl was just trying to show what her scars looked like by using other photos and forgot to explain. it's a case of photo plagerism or something.

if it's an ad than why did she not give the product credit on reducing redness. she said it didn't work for her at all. not very ad like...

but still maybe it is...i don't know?

yeah obviously ss14's last close up photo isn't her, and it's some other dude. but, from the beggining she borrowed photos that weren't her to represent her scaring.

if you really work for the company why would you steal photos from the same website you're trying to market to?

i think this girl was just trying to show what her scars looked like by using other photos and forgot to explain. it's a case of photo plagerism or something.

if it's an ad than why did she not give the product credit on reducing redness. she said it didn't work for her at all. not very ad like...

I agree with you olbarn, it is all rather strange, but I decided to just try the product for a bit and decide what I think. I believe Keith did see great improvement, but everyone is different so it may not work at all on me. I am using it every other day due to the little break outs, and now it isn't so bad. I think this does help plump scars but haven't decided if it will truly remodel them yet. I think I am also still seeing some improvemnt from my last needling and possible saline injections. I think this product will work ok to complement other procedures, but just be careful about your amount starting since it can cause some tiny zits.

I agree with you olbarn, it is all rather strange, but I decided to just try the product for a bit and decide what I think. I believe Keith did see great improvement, but everyone is different so it may not work at all on me. I am using it every other day due to the little break outs, and now it isn't so bad. I think this does help plump scars but haven't decided if it will truly remodel them yet. I think I am also still seeing some improvemnt from my last needling and possible saline injections. I think this product will work ok to complement other procedures, but just be careful about your amount starting since it can cause some tiny zits.

Hmmm I dont know why that person used another members photos. I have my own photos listed in my gallery. If u dotn believe me or my photos then thats up to u. Its $12-20 for anyone that has bought it. Whern I first got it, it was $12 but I think its gone up since then. But I think its the best product on the market for shallow acne scars and redness. U could waste a load of money buying crap off Ebay or doing something else but theres no harm in trying this for a few months time. Its simple and painless.

The only thing I can tell everyone with scars on here is that i was feeling depressed and just totally horrid a year ago. That time has passed and I feel attractive again. I was really bad for awhile and now am feeling like my old self. This was the WORST year I have had in my entire life. I know what depression and anxiety feel like. But that is behind me and getting farther away all the time.

Guest been13years

I just clicked on the link and realized I tried this crap in June. No offense, but the copper peptide/hydroquinone cream is way too rich and waxy for my skin. Broke me out over the month I used it, and the sunscreen it comes with left an oily sheen and burned. Hate to be so negative, but if you have really oily sensitive skin that reddens easily, I don't think I'd recommend this.

I looked like shat and broke out from anything BEFORE I used accutane so I dont really know if it clogs people uip or not. My skin is not the same as before accutane though. I get a natural amount of oil on my skin through the day and have not had a pimple in a loooooong time. If it breaks u out then dont use it I guess. U also dont have to use the sunscreen I wouldnt if I still had acne prone skin.

hate to be cynical, but if this acne-scar system DOES work, permanently that is, then there has to be some actual scientic support behind it. nothing just "magically" fills in potholes, scars, etc. and even if there is some evidence behind that oxygen peptide crap, wouldnt it be in the advertisers best interest to discuss it in more detail on the box? seems to me the people behind this stuff dont even think its credible themselves.

ok and for those who have noticed some changes in scarring, its probably just plumps it up temporarily. sorry to be such a downer.

as for keith's results, just a wild guess, but i think keith's scars healed on their OWN TIME, naturally, especially because he was on accutane AND differen in the meantime, which both help scarring too. i think it was just coincidence he used the scar-free kit during this time, and it should not be looked at as the primary cause for his results. time was a major factor here. 6 month plus, i believe?

and com'on people, if this stuff ACTAULLY worked, dont you think our DERMATOLOGISTs would prescribe it/recommend it to us?

as for keith's results, just a wild guess, but i think keith's scars healed on their OWN TIME, naturally, especially because he was on accutane AND differen in the meantime, which both help scarring too. i think it was just coincidence he used the scar-free kit during this time, and it should not be looked at as the primary cause for his results. time was a major factor here. 6 month plus, i believe?

I agree with you on that. Plus his scars were nothing major to begin with.

and com'on people, if this stuff ACTAULLY worked, dont you think our DERMATOLOGISTs would prescribe it/recommend it to us?

Disagree with you on this one. Most of them only care about making money. No way in hell would they recommend something that really worked and only cost less than $20

...oh, and about the money-back guarantee on this product, that's only if you buy directly from their website. I'm sure most of us bought it from Walmart or somewhere else so we don't get a money back guarantee.

I know many say it's only $15 so no big deal even if it doesn't do anything, but it's not really about money. This thread has already more than 10,000 views, I'm sure many of them bought this product.

We've been through this before. Anyone remembers the 302 products? They admitted to using 'plants' to advertise their products here on this forum and sold something that was supposed to help with scars, but ultimately did nothing for scars.

Don't forget about the placebo effect.