Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ss14

amzing product for those annoying holes/ICE PICK SCARS!!

Uhm aren't you guys worried that hydroquinone is banned in other countries because it's a suspected carcinogen?

There was a sample of this scar earase stuff in the acnefree kit I got I dont really hae scars really but I tried it yesterday on this red spot I had recently that hadn't healed and it made it worse. Redder and more irritated. I wouldn't try using it again.

I guess time really is the better remedy for these.

hydroquinone, well works. Yes there is some debate, but do you know how much danger there has to be to have them ban a substance? Very little. It was shown to SLIGHTLY increase risks in rats, it has never been tested in humans. And the cases that suspect hydroquinone are related to disease in humans are of such a small number the risk is obviously very low. It has been used for many years.

Smoking is much more dangerous than hydroquinone, they should work on banning cigaretts before they ban this... Stupid rich cigarette companies who bribe all the politicians...

all i can say is it works to plump ur face up ive been using it for 3 days i thought it was an add to but it works idk how long it lasts for, even though its temporary its better then having to put on makeup

WHAT WOULD PURE OXYGEN PEPTIDES DO???SINCE IM PRETTY SURE THATS WUT DOES THE PLUMPING

all i can say is it works to plump ur face up ive been using it for 3 days i thought it was an add to but it works idk how long it lasts for, even though its temporary its better then having to put on makeup

WHAT WOULD PURE OXYGEN PEPTIDES DO???SINCE IM PRETTY SURE THATS WUT DOES THE PLUMPING

I don't think we know exactly if it temporary. Especially if used for a long period of time.???????

Does anyone know this for sure????

Keith. where did you get your microderm machine and does it work well? I have considered getting a real microderm machine, slightly smaller than the salon kind, I have also considered more rounds of smoothbeam since for me, it works pretty well but is something you have to do alot of with other things such as peels too. My most recent tech was really honest. I asked her about her skin which looked much better the last time I saw her. Like scars were just gone. She mentioned to get results from peels, smoothbeam, microderms, etc, you have to do them ALOT. Like just keep going. I imagine spending every last cent at the laser center or salon. BTW, wouldn't that be great to work at a laser center. They don't have Fraxel though. Anyways, the thought crossed my mind to buy a microderm machine, not the ones you can get at Walgreens with the vibration but one of the real ones with the crystals that you vacuum. Please tell me where you got yours and how much. If you wish to pm me that would be great.

I don't know if it is my imagination but I do seem to notice a very slight plumping effect after 3-4 days of using this twice a day. One warning, use sparingly since it did cause a teeny few blemishes which are going away, No new ones though after those.

I didn't know that one of the after pics was from another poster. I'm not sure that is completely Kosher without asking. I am not a fan of using others pics but I do think she was trying to help a bit so not really any harm done. Obviously, I doubt it would do that much good but some would be worth it to most. Texture improvement for me would be worth it.

Im also on this product. But i rarely use the 2nd blue tube, especially at night. Should i be using it? it seems as though the first white bottle is for main use according to what is inside of it.

Im also on this product. But i rarely use the 2nd blue tube, especially at night. Should i be using it? it seems as though the first white bottle is for main use according to what is inside of it.

It's SPF. You don't need it at night.

You just need to wear an SPF of some kind while using this product when going out in the sun.

Uhm aren't you guys worried that hydroquinone is banned in other countries because it's a suspected carcinogen?

There was a sample of this scar earase stuff in the acnefree kit I got I dont really hae scars really but I tried it yesterday on this red spot I had recently that hadn't healed and it made it worse. Redder and more irritated. I wouldn't try using it again.

I guess time really is the better remedy for these.

Okay this has been posted like 100 times before. There is about half the hydroquinone in this stuff than the kind u can get from your dermo to lighten the skin. It does lighten the skin and lighter skin causes u to sunburn easier and obviously get skin cancer if u are silly enough to keep going out and getting burnt.

And those tests with rats are from them FEEDING it to them. Unless u are eating the stuff u will be fine lmao.

If u are concerned with this then do u also worry that some hair gels and styling products have cause many problems when they feed it to rats???

Tryingstill I have a DIamond brand dermabrasion machine. I bought mine quite a few months ago so I dont remember what I paid exactly. If u do a quick search they sell these online. U can also find them on Ebay. The price range is anywhere from $300-1000 for one.

It works just like a regular microderm from the doctors. Studies done with microderm on acne scar patients showed that 20 microderm sessions with the skin irritated and close to pinpoint bleeding are needed to start to see results. So that means $2000 would be needed to have those 20 done at most doctors offices. Plus I like to be able to control the depth and things that I do on my own face and I am sure I am more careful than a doctor would be.

...Studies done with microderm on acne scar patients showed that 20 microderm sessions with the skin irritated and close to pinpoint bleeding are needed to start to see results...

This is off topic, but I also wanted to comment on that. A couple of years ago I bought one of those at-home microdermabrasion kits and believe it or not, I did see some results. I didn't follow exact instructions, I actually was very aggresive and used a lot of pressure. I stopped as soon as I thought I was about to bleed, sometimes I did see tiny drops of blood.

...Studies done with microderm on acne scar patients showed that 20 microderm sessions with the skin irritated and close to pinpoint bleeding are needed to start to see results...

This is off topic, but I also wanted to comment on that. A couple of years ago I bought one of those at-home microdermabrasion kits and believe it or not, I did see some results. I didn't follow exact instructions, I actually was very aggresive and used a lot of pressure. I stopped as soon as I thought I was about to bleed, sometimes I did see tiny drops of blood.

Yeah those are decent to use but there can be only so much one of those can do for u. It is not at all safe or recommended to cause bleeding with one of those as the crystals will get into the skin and thats just not sanitary or very safe to do. They probably do give results but I like to use the machine that I have as it is much easier and there are no particles to get caught in the skin. It hits the skin with crystals and sucks them immediately back into the machine. There is a filter that collects skin and dirt particles that is easy to clean out.

But yeah damaging the skin to some degree is about the only way resurfacing is effective. After I use my machine the skin is really red and looks near to bleeding. It then flakes over the next three days. I use a Neutrogena concealer over the red so nobody ever knows I did it. I always do one every other Sunday.

I would say that if u are on a budget and have superficial scars buying one of these is a great idea. I have been acne free since ending accutane but do think microderms are good for acne control too.

Thanks Keith. Does yours have the crystals or just the abrasive wand?? I am really serious about possibly trying one even for several hundred. I think one poster had this confused with the at home microdermabrasion kits which normally retail for around 40 bucks. I have 2 different kinds of those. I am referring to, as Keith was aware, the more industrial grade type of dermabrasion machine which salons or doctors office's use. I feel I may benefit from alot of these but don't want to fork over the 1000 or 2000 for the many visits it would take.

Back to the subject: I think I like this scar lotion. Seems to be making my skin look a bit smoother. :)

Yeah it has crystals and works just like the ones i have had from a doctor. Although I am able to control the number of passes and can therefore cause more abrasion in areas that I need it. Also this is much easier to control than the Neutrogena store models that everyone is using.

Diamond makes a few different models some with abrasive crystals and some without. The ones without are more pricey and are similar to the Power Peel that several on here have had.

They really are not hard to do yourself but care should be taken by anyone that is thinking about getting one of these machines. I made a spot raw the third time I used the machine because I went over the same spot too much. It healed okay though but u do have to use caution.

I was debating weather to try the diamond tip or crystal type. I have read they diamond tips work really great. I also read an auction on ebay about a lady who paid 2000 for microdermabrasions, 6 to be exact. The woman performing them used a very special technique which included putting 1 % treotin on the face and told the woman to KEEP it on the face for 1-2 days following the procedure. Her technique was very aggressive but many claimed she could and did eliminate or successfully blend the scars with microdermabrasion. Thing is, I would love to have a professional type machine for use for several years or so since it could run into the thousands to continually pay for these professional microdermabrasions. I was very intrigued by her auction but did not buy the machine since it was too expensive for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICRO-DERMABRASION-ULT...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if I can post the link to the auction but I was blown away by the info in it. I am not this person (dont know this person) and just want to share the info in the auction since it was very informative about aggressive microdermabrasion and the techniques that are used. You have to scroll to the middle or toward the bottom to get the story on her microdermabrasion experience.

Yeah thats like the powerpeel that just scrapes away skin at controlled depths. Magnetixboy on here did that in just the scarred areas and his face turned out great. He basically got scabs on every area that he had a scar. They healed up fast though and took away almost all scarring he had.

If u are gonna pay $800 or something for a machine I would go directly through the company and buy one. I think that over time if u use the machine once every other week like I do, that most minor surface scars can be eliminated. Also for anyone that wants to know I use Neutrogena Skinclearing Clean Tint concealer so when I am red no one can really tell. That concealer is about $9.00 at any store that sells Neutrogena makeups. I use it everyday but it is especially nice after I have done a microderm. And yeah I am a man and it it totally not visible that I have anything on. So any guy that wants to get a product to even out your skin in 2 minutes go get this one. It also has salicylic acid in it for acne prone skin.

Sounds good though trying still. Once u own the machine and can try different setting then u get comfy and can go deeper and what not with the machine. Good luck

I think one poster had this confused with the at home microdermabrasion kits which normally retail for around 40 bucks. I have 2 different kinds of those.

Hi there, no, I wasn't confusing the at-home microdermabrasion kit with the professional one. I was just commenting that the at-home microdermatbrasion kits might also work if you know how to use them.

I am referring to, as Keith was aware, the more industrial grade type of dermabrasion machine which salons or doctors office's use.

I think you mean MICROdermabrasion. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do a dermabrasion at home. :D

I can see this product erasing discoloration but I'm skeptical about the promise of filling in pock marks. It claims that the Oxygen peptides promote collagen which in turn will fill in the scar tissue. AFAIK, retinoids are the only product which can stimulate collagen production and heal scars. And since this is an OTC product, I'd imagine their collagen production to be weaker compared to retinoids and thus less effective. Does anyone know whether this works as well as Tazorac or Retin-A micro on scars?

The results of many people in this thread have been much faster to come than by using a topical retenoid.

Yeah the stuff worked on my indents, retinoids never really did anything much for those. After 3 months time or the first package is done u should know how its gonna work longtime on your face.

The results of many people in this thread have been much faster to come than by using a topical retenoid.

Yeah the stuff worked on my indents, retinoids never really did anything much for those. After 3 months time or the first package is done u should know how its gonna work longtime on your face.

this stuff works great, i havnt had a chance to see how long the results last for cause im always wearing it cause it levels my scars with my skin, Keithr23 how long did it take u to see permanent results???all i can say so far is WOW i didnt know they could make a topical this good, and another question what would happen if they just used oxygen peptides???

Hmmm I would say the results made me feel good about myself about 3-4 months into accutane and they were there for good even after not using it for awhile. I use it almost every day though so I have never had a significant amount of time without it on.

After 6 or 7 I had a very impressive smoothing and was to the point that I didnt think about the scarring and feel horrid anymore. It takes a bit of time but use it daily and u will see results. And yeah it is not bad to use anyway as it fills in the scars a bit and masks them which is always nice. Can also be used with a concealer over the top as a sidenote.

Tazorac nor retinoids, plumped my scars. This product did a bit. I see sme improvement after a few weeks and am looking forward to months down the road. I find the hydroquinon to be less effective in reducin the red, so I use grean cream on the flat non scarred red areas and scar eraser on my indents, large pores etc.

I just keep them far enough away from each other. After some time when the red goes down on the non scarred areas I will use the eraser on them.

It's been about a month since I started using this product and I'm seeing my shallow scars starting to fill in, I'm going to continue using it, I'm happy w/ my results so far. A big huge thank-you to Keithr 23! I would've never thought twice about buying this product if u wouldn't of recommended it and shared your results.

I can see this product erasing discoloration but I'm skeptical about the promise of filling in pock marks. It claims that the Oxygen peptides promote collagen which in turn will fill in the scar tissue. AFAIK, retinoids are the only product which can stimulate collagen production and heal scars. And since this is an OTC product, I'd imagine their collagen production to be weaker compared to retinoids and thus less effective. Does anyone know whether this works as well as Tazorac or Retin-A micro on scars?

i don't know about retinoids for stimulating collagen production (i thought they were more a stripper/abrasive product?), but copper peptides claim to stimulate collagen production. and of course so do lasers like cool touch (though it only helped me temporarily) and fraxel.

Oops. I certainly didn't mean "dermabrasion". Typo, since I had one of those and know there is a hUGE difference. I musta had it on the brain. lol. I have had several professional microdermabrasions but thought about getting a real machine similar to what the salons use. While I have a few versions of the "at home" sponge type microdermabrasion machines, I think while some may see some results, looking at the physics of it, there is little control as to where the abrasion will happen specificly and therefore, I believe it may actually grind down the inside of the scar somewhat making it larger or again possibly causing more cellular turnover, granted. I just feel a more controlled wand may be the ticket. Along with some scar eraser. :)

Back to the scar eraser. Looking at the right side of my face at an angle. It looks much smoother than it did nearly a week ago. I hate to jump to say something works but wow. I am seeing some minimal results after around a weeks use. I did do a few light spot peels and the skin may be tightening because of the tca but it is still smoother than it looked doing the same peels before. Amazing for 19.99. I think others are seeing results also since it may be helping some of the other things they are using. Plumping or something I think for sure.

I am about a week and a half and I definately also see a minimal plumping affect thus far, a few zits, but scars are more important to me, and I think I am past the stage of getting scarring acne. I try all kids of products so I wouldn't just be imagining things. Definately smoother to feel too. I don't know how they did it, but hopefully in 3 or so months I continue to improve.