Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ss14

amzing product for those annoying holes/ICE PICK SCARS!!

Give it 2 weeks and then tell us. You cant tell anything from 2 days.

I wasn't expecting results in 2 days.... :snooty: however, if it fills even one tiny indent in the next couple of months, I will shit.

A few hours ago, I applied the scar eraser to my scars. Cheeks, forehead, nose..oh Hell, I put it all over my face...lol not near my eyes though. I haven't touched my face at all, but it seems to be burning my eyes. Not bad burning, they just feel sore. Anyone else experience this?

oh I forgot to ask..do you put the cream on your individual scars/indents or all over?

if its burining return it..i dont think this is the right product for u. its not suppose to burn at all...u might be allergic to something in the product or they hydro. in the cream might be too strong for u

[attachmentid=5983]

Its called AcneFree Scar eraser. It claims to fade away red marks and reduce the apperacne of pock marks (icepick scars)by using hydroquinone and oxygen-peptide A. Well it did a micale for me :D , my acne which was completly gone thanx to accutane but the annoying red marks and ice pick made it seem like nothing had changed.

The hydroquinone did a little for my red marks but i was amazed my how mcuh ice pick scars were filled up. Now all i do is put on some foundation for the redness and it my face looks like i never had acne before. It saved me for $3000 of laser smoothing that i was gonna have done after i got of accutane. i thoguth laser or something extrem was the only way i could have my annoying ice picks reduced since ive seen nothing in the market for this kinda scars. Thank you God!!!! for saving my face.....

CLCIK HERE for before and after pictures http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=1354048

heres the link to the thread really old thread i found..

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=71471&st=0

:naughty: I dont want to mislead u guys but its only 19.00 and may not work for the really deep scars as for me i tried everything alot products that worked for most didnt do sh#t for me so keep trying maybe this is the one for u. ooOoo i also use 40% glyoic peel but i had been using that beofre it did very little.

wow..i don't mean to jump the gun here..but the first thing that crossed my mind when reading this post was how much it sounded like a blatant advertisement. and the fact that the user is a new registed member does sound a lil iffy. hopefully i'm wrong, but that lil alarm in my head is going off right now...telling me something's amiss..by the way, catchy topic too. also, ss14, u said you had a lil worse off scars than the sample pic you provided, and that you saw major improvements? now that's a bold claim...esp since laser resurfacing can only do so much even for the scars you provided in that sample pic. i pray im wrong and that you have only good intentions. if so, my apologies in advance.

honestly i realized that too after reading my own post it does kinda sound fake/ or like a ad. but wutever give it a shot if u think im juss pormoting for a product then dont. i wass juss excited that it had actully worked..again not all products have worked for me so i doubt this product is gonna work for every single person... and im not a pormoter so leave m e alone! ssh trying to help u ppl out and i get all this bs

The girl who started this post is obviously not advertising. If you look at her concerns about the cream being kind of brownish. I doubt any advertiser would mention this. It is possible, her scars were fresh and the peptides helped heal the indents. STILL, quite a good thing. I doubt it will do miracles but I think for 19.99, if I get a few scars leveled out, I would be happy.

finally thankyou!

I purchased this as well. Used it for 2 days, no results as of yet.

I have a question:

IF the Oxygen Peptide-A is THE collagen booster...WHERE is it listed in this product? ..the ONLY ACTIVE ingredient listed is Encapsulated Time-Released Hydroquinone.

Is the Oxygen Peptide-A in the Sunscreen?

Please, tell me what I'm missing here. :wall:

It is listed in the long list on the bottle. Under Active ingredients they only list the Hydroquinone.

I don't know why this is but it is on the bottle in a longer list.

The suncreen has nothing else but sunscreen in it. So I use another kind if I am out in the sun because I just dont like it it feels too heavy??????

"Oxygen Peptide aka Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Ceramide Oligopeptide-3) is clinically proven to regenerate the skin's upper layers by stimulating collagen production and thickening the epidermis"

On the box this Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 is listed 4th to the last on the INACTIVE ingredient list...a list of over 30 ingredients...which means there is a minute amount used in this formulation...and according to them it is inactive.

I am going to call UM and ask WHY its Listed as an INACTIVE ingredient.. when its promoted on the box as an ACTIVE...which promotes natural collagen production.

Im still going to try this product for a month. Maybe im too analytical. ..if im wrong on this, please straighten me out..My brain is ready to splode.

kanmi my bottle has an expiration date on it

~LaSirenaBella~ Let us know what they say! I'm curious too.

Mine has an Exp.date too, of 9/07 . Look at the bottom of the bottle.. shweety. :angel:

sailette123- I will definitely let you (all) know what they say about the Peptide issue. :think:

"Oxygen Peptide aka Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Ceramide Oligopeptide-3) is clinically proven to regenerate the skin's upper layers by stimulating collagen production and thickening the epidermis"

On the box this Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 is listed 4th to the last on the INACTIVE ingredient list...a list of over 30 ingredients...which means there is a minute amount used in this formulation...and according to them it is inactive.

I am going to call UM and ask WHY its Listed as an INACTIVE ingredient.. when its promoted on the box as an ACTIVE...which promotes natural collagen production.

Im still going to try this product for a month. Maybe im too analytical. ..if im wrong on this, please straighten me out..My brain is ready to splode.

Call!! I would but I can't for a few days.

Please post us here what you found out (By University Medical).

Actually if you do ask them this too:

"If people see results are they permanent?"

(I found some shallow "pocks" plumped up a bit just after 2 1/2 weeks of use, then I could not use it as I needed the BP more. Then the plumping seemed to disappear, then started a little again with use.) :confused:

kanmi my bottle has an expiration date on it

~LaSirenaBella~ Let us know what they say! I'm curious too.

Mine has an Exp.date too, of 9/07 . Look at the bottom of the bottle.. shweety. :angel:

sailette123- I will definitely let you (all) know what they say about the Peptide issue. :think:

Thank you, both of you.

Hydroquinone is also listed as the last 'inactive ingredient' in the list. I guess this means the Oxygen Peptide-A in this has to be more than 2%. Where did you read this info "....clinically proven to regenerate..."? I did several searches on google and yahoo but couldn't come up with anything. I want to know more about it.

Do let us know what they tell you if you call. Someone here emailed them before and they totally ignored his question.

I just noticed something regarding the ingredients. On the package the Oxygen Peptide-A is 27th ingredient listed. But on the bottle itself it is listed as the 8th one.

It was my understanding that ingredients were listed sorted according to percentage contained, the first one being the ingredient it contains the most while the last ingredient the one it has the least of.

...well, I just took some pictures today. I'll be posting before and after if I see any results worth mentioning.

Hydroquinone is also listed as the last 'inactive ingredient' in the list. I guess this means the Oxygen Peptide-A in this has to be more than 2%. Where did you read this info "....clinically proven to regenerate..."? I did several searches on google and yahoo but couldn't come up with anything. I want to know more about it.

Do let us know what they tell you if you call. Someone here emailed them before and they totally ignored his question.

i know, I just dont understand. Hydriquinone is listed as an active and a Non-Active.

Here is where I read the info: http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF...=1&.intl=us I just googled up palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3.

Im sorry, I didnt get a chance to call today. Last night my Dad was taken to the Hospital for a Heart attack and I have been there all day..he is not doing well at all... :cry:

..I PROMISE i will get us some answers ASAP..I will try my best tomorrow...

I just noticed something regarding the ingredients. On the package the Oxygen Peptide-A is 27th ingredient listed. But on the bottle itself it is listed as the 8th one.

It was my understanding that ingredients were listed sorted according to percentage contained, the first one being the ingredient it contains the most while the last ingredient the one it has the least of.

the main thing is...the Oxygen PeptideA (Palmitoyl Pentapeptide) is listed as an INACTIVE on both the bottle and the box..no matter what # they are listed. It is my understanding an inactive is like a filler ..is this correct? Geez, I should ask my daughter, she is a Biology/Chemistry major.. but she will no doubt get my head spinning...lol

In order to balance the equation I've done a little research on this board and I've found some negative reviews about this product:

Member: Ylem. Date posted: Nov 9 2005, 11:04 PM

Ok, everyone, I think I have been using this stuff longer than everyone on this board (since Oct 8th). My skin has not been damaged any further than before I started using it. All I can say is I have absolutely NO RESULTS on any of my pockmarks-even my most shallow and superficial ones!

Oh, and another thing, I have had no results on discolorations I had from recent breakouts. Pretty much-this stuff has been useless so far.

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

Yelem again on another thread. Posted on: Jun 10 2006, 08:36 PM

Tried this stuff 8 months ago...used it for about 6 months and stopped. No improvement was seen in either redmarks or indented scarring. Wste of time and money

Member: Pocket Aces. Date posted: Nov 14 2005, 12:13 PM

Here is what I got as a response to an e-mail I sent University Medical about their scar eraser. They had no comment on if it affected indented scarring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer:

The active ingredient in the Scar Eraser is Hydroquinone. It is a skin lightener, approved by the FDA. It works for the discoloration.

Thank you,

Rhonda

Customer Care

University Medical Products

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 5:51 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: acne scar eraser

I have read on some forums that you have released an acne scar eraser. Is this product just for discoloration or actual indented scarring. What is the active ingredient?

Thanks,

Colin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's funny that they totally ignored my question about indented scarring don't you think?

***********************************************************************************

***********************************************************************************

Member: ihaveabu. Date posted: Nov 16 2005, 12:30 AM

i made a thread bout this a while ago.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=70970

i used it for a few days, no effect. then i returned it after i found out that hydroquinone can damage your skin

That was just a sample of some of the negative reviews about this product on this board almost a year ago. If you use the search botton you'll find more threads about this product with positive and negative reviews.

I really wish and hope this product works for us. Or at least I hope it doesn't cause additional problems. Maybe we should give it a try. Plus, It's not that expensive ( $20 or less). I've paid even thousands of dollars on 0-efficiency treatments.

i know, I just dont understand. Hydriquinone is listed as an active and a Non-Active.

Here is where I read the info: http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF...=1&.intl=us I just googled up palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3.

Im sorry, I didnt get a chance to call today. Last night my Dad was taken to the Hospital for a Heart attack and I have been there all day..he is not doing well at all... :cry:

..I PROMISE i will get us some answers ASAP..I will try my best tomorrow...

I will pray for your Dad :pray:

So sorry to hear that,

Take care

i just ordered the product all the way from hong kong, asia.

im showing some support here.

hope the product works.

=)

Good Luck to you GeNoXiDe..I hope it works wonderfully for you, and the rest of us too.. :D

thank you for your prayers Jodie, it really means alot to me.

That was just a sample of some of the negative reviews about this product on this board almost a year ago. If you use the search botton you'll find more threads about this product with positive and negative reviews.

I really wish and hope this product works for us. Or at least I hope it doesn't cause additional problems. Maybe we should give it a try. Plus, It's not that expensive ( $20 or less). I've paid even thousands of dollars on 0-efficiency treatments.

Thanks for the review info, Smoothy..just like many of us here, I thought ..what the heck, its only 20 bucks or so..what have I got to lose?..although, deep down i have a feeling I will be seeing the same results as Ylem.

Must keep positive...must keep positive...must keep positive.. :pray: lol

I know what you guys mean. In my heart of hearts, I feel that this product is not going to do anything, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

On a side note, my head is spinning from all these products/treatments. What's so frustrating is that one person's cure can be the worst thing for somebody else, so we have to try every single thing out there to figure out what will work.

Well I do remember those posts that smoothlover pulled up. I ALSO remember blueeyesurferguy on here had results as i did and a few other members. Definately depends on the type of scars u are trying to treat. Worked great for my minor indents and discoloration. Take it or leave it there is no reason to overthink this stuff. It worked great for me and I WOULD NOT lie to any of u. Hell I would love to discredit a product if it did nothing for me. ALso i would not be coming uip to a year of using the stuff straight if it didnt work. Also most of those members tried it for a couple of weeks and then said it was shit. Now come on it takes longer than that its not magic.

Finally if it is not permanant (which i dont see how it isnt) I will prob never know as I dont plan on stopping using it anytime soon.

Keithr23, didn't you mention on some of those other posts you didn't have any indented scars?

About fellow forum member ylem, I've read many, many posts and nothing seems to work for him/her. Always reporting no improvement. So I would need a few more negatives before making my mind about this product.

Just order it, find out, and see the results lol

its only 20 bux...geez haha

some people say it might damage the skin, but hey, arent our skin already in a bad state?...we gotta take some risk...or we're all just sitting here complaining and feeling bad about our skin

just try it out and pray it'll work

Infinity, call the 1-800 number..they will mail it to you even though u are in UK

i ordered it all the way from hong kong..

Keithr23, didn't you mention on some of those other posts you didn't have any indented scars?

About fellow forum member ylem, I've read many, many posts and nothing seems to work for him/her. Always reporting no improvement. So I would need a few more negatives before making my mind about this product.

No absolutely not just redness, definately indents. If they were red marks I would have just given them time to heal.

In regards to Ylems and others posts if u are trying to treat deep marks anything u do is the same, it wont work. He has had those scars treated with excision since which is the correct move. These were by no means deep pocks or anything of that nature. Quite similar to many many people on here though. Just uneven skin that looked dreadful and alarming to me in overhead lighting situations.

I have also done real microdermabrasions once every two weeks for several months now which has worked to improve my overall skin quality.

U can check my gallery and see my skin then and now if u would like. The first one was taken with a webcam as that was all I had at the time. It is still clearly evident how disgusting my skin looked at that time. I dont really care if anyone uses this or not its up to the individual. Maybe it was accutane along with the scar eraser, but whatever the case my skin has improved drastically in under a year.

The numerous microdermabrasions I have done are also not an issue as those were started after much of the repair had occured.

Thanks for the info Keith. I am going to try this product as I think the peptides can help and since I have smoothed the edges of my scars thru saline injection and needling and I feel I just need some good collagen production at this point. If it does nothing after a few months I am going to Dr. Alkek to get his advice on possible silicone injections as I am thru with anything else that burns or peel the skin :sick:

Thanks for the info Keith. I am going to try this product as I think the peptides can help and since I have smoothed the edges of my scars thru saline injection and needling and I feel I just need some good collagen production at this point. If it does nothing after a few months I am going to Dr. Alkek to get his advice on possible silicone injections as I am thru with anything else that burns or peel the skin :sick:

Hey Tricia, I was considering going to Dr. Alkek for some excisions. I was wondering if you have ever had any done by him, and do you think he would be the best choice?