Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ss14

amzing product for those annoying holes/ICE PICK SCARS!!

Okay I work for no company obviously and wouldnt bullshit anyone on here. It faded out redness from previous acne very fast (within 3 weeks) and took awhile but took away light but definately noticable and disturbing indents on my cheeks.

Didnt change my color much and comes with sunblock if u are concerned about getting burnt. I actually tanned at the end of accutane and using this and never got burned. 20 minutes every other week keeps me tanned.

Finally I have to say that a year ago I came on this sight with terrible skin and honestly posted on dermabrasion threads only as that was what I was planning for this past summer. Obviously if u look at my face now in my gallery I would be nutty to take all the risks and downtime to remove some very light scarring.

I am going to start Fraxels soon, but am already happy again and hoestly doing them strictly cosmetically as the scars are not a major concern anymore.

Acne scars were the worst thing that ever happened to me. Using the acne free scar eraser was the best thing I have ever done.

Keith, I looked at your gallery and see much improvements with just the scar kit. Did you feel anything when you used this? I mean did you peel or anything? I wonder how it works. I am not questioning that it did work, it is great that it did. I have just tried so many things with little success. I am now on my fourth tca cross. While this is not a cross thread, this 4th one seems different. I waited over a month, like 1.5 months exactly and this one burned longer and is still red after day 3. No scab yet. I will try the acne free regardless of skeptics since minor improvements to me would be worth 19.99 for sure. I have some very slight shallow scarring. I also have a larger boxcar which I considered exising, however that doc does not have lasers to follow up with and that would be what I would want. Anyways... your skin looks good. I can see much improvements when viewing your gallery. : )

A few hours ago, I applied the scar eraser to my scars. Cheeks, forehead, nose..oh Hell, I put it all over my face...lol not near my eyes though. I haven't touched my face at all, but it seems to be burning my eyes. Not bad burning, they just feel sore. Anyone else experience this?

oh I forgot to ask..do you put the cream on your individual scars/indents or all over?

have u seen any improvmnet yet?

A few hours ago, I applied the scar eraser to my scars. Cheeks, forehead, nose..oh Hell, I put it all over my face...lol not near my eyes though. I haven't touched my face at all, but it seems to be burning my eyes. Not bad burning, they just feel sore. Anyone else experience this?

oh I forgot to ask..do you put the cream on your individual scars/indents or all over?

I just put the cream on my scars, then use the BP where needed. You cant use these together so I make sure to wash my hands after each application, and also when moisturizing do each areas seperate again washing my hands. They can't contact each other as they ruin each others properties.

(I know you didn't ask me, but thought I'd help ya).

I have found it to slightly raise some shallow scarring, my redness is in my shallow scarring so the verdict is still out on that one. But the hydroquinon (sp?) in it should help.

I do use it for both, but found obagi "clear" with 4% hydroquinon to be effective on red/brown marks to be great if it is just red marks. I don't think putting on both would work, but maybe?? Maybe I'll try both??

I am trying cocoa butter on 1 spot that does not break out, and seeing minor fading.......

Kinda doing a few things consistantly on the same but different areas and seeing what is better.

Too early to tell yet. :think:

Hi everyone,

Last night I had to rewash my face because my eyes really started burning. Once I washed thoroughly my eyes were fine. I then put a thin coat of vasoline over my eyes and reapplied the scar eraser to my entire cheek area and random forhead scars. No more eye irritation.

I did notice this stuff is hard to remove. It kinda leaves a sticky film that drives me insane, even after washing. So far, no results with indents, but I wasn't expecting any this soon anyways. I will continue this product for at least a month. If I see any indents filling up..You guys will be the first to know.. :)

sounds good, im about to get this stuff i think. or reschedule another visit with my dermatologist to get a prescription version of it.

I don't think there is an Rx. for it. It's only 19.99 at the most at Wal-Mart.

Hi everyone,

Last night I had to rewash my face because my eyes really started burning. Once I washed thoroughly my eyes were fine. I then put a thin coat of vasoline over my eyes and reapplied the scar eraser to my entire cheek area and random forhead scars. No more eye irritation.

I did notice this stuff is hard to remove. It kinda leaves a sticky film that drives me insane, even after washing. So far, no results with indents, but I wasn't expecting any this soon anyways. I will continue this product for at least a month. If I see any indents filling up..You guys will be the first to know.. :)

Are you sure ou have the same stuff! The posted pic in this thread is it, if so maybe yours is expired or defective??? It sure is not tan looking??????? I'd exchange it as this does not seem right!

yay! another product to get my hopes up on!

ill get some tommorrow.

how long till you see results?

It seems to be working. For new stuff give it a few weeks, for old ones minor improvment but probably a few months. I don't think it fills in scars completely, but certainly makes them look a heck of alot better.

Some seem to raise in the middle though, I like it.

JodieM didn't you just start using the cream today? It's interesting that you saw some scars fill in in just a few hours. I started using it yesterday, and I'm giving it a month. I'm not going to be looking at my scars for improvement just yet though.

I actually bought some of this stuff a few weeks ago. And I started using it, but it made some of my skin look redder than usual. My dermatologist asked me why my skin looked that way and I told him.

He told me I shouldn't be using the scar kit on accutane. So .. how long do you think it will take for this stuff to expire? Because I don't want it to expire before I can even use it..

[attachmentid=5983]

Its called AcneFree Scar eraser. It claims to fade away red marks and reduce the apperacne of pock marks (icepick scars)by using hydroquinone and oxygen-peptide A. Well it did a micale for me :D , my acne which was completly gone thanx to accutane but the annoying red marks and ice pick made it seem like nothing had changed.

The hydroquinone did a little for my red marks but i was amazed my how mcuh ice pick scars were filled up. Now all i do is put on some foundation for the redness and it my face looks like i never had acne before. It saved me for $3000 of laser smoothing that i was gonna have done after i got of accutane. i thoguth laser or something extrem was the only way i could have my annoying ice picks reduced since ive seen nothing in the market for this kinda scars. Thank you God!!!! for saving my face.....

CLCIK HERE for before and after pictures http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=1354048

heres the link to the thread really old thread i found..

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=71471&st=0

:naughty: I dont want to mislead u guys but its only 19.00 and may not work for the really deep scars as for me i tried everything alot products that worked for most didnt do sh#t for me so keep trying maybe this is the one for u. ooOoo i also use 40% glyoic peel but i had been using that beofre it did very little.

wow..i don't mean to jump the gun here..but the first thing that crossed my mind when reading this post was how much it sounded like a blatant advertisement. and the fact that the user is a new registed member does sound a lil iffy. hopefully i'm wrong, but that lil alarm in my head is going off right now...telling me something's amiss..by the way, catchy topic too. also, ss14, u said you had a lil worse off scars than the sample pic you provided, and that you saw major improvements? now that's a bold claim...esp since laser resurfacing can only do so much even for the scars you provided in that sample pic. i pray im wrong and that you have only good intentions. if so, my apologies in advance.

The girl who started this post is obviously not advertising. If you look at her concerns about the cream being kind of brownish. I doubt any advertiser would mention this. It is possible, her scars were fresh and the peptides helped heal the indents. STILL, quite a good thing. I doubt it will do miracles but I think for 19.99, if I get a few scars leveled out, I would be happy.

Keithr23 mentioned the product before this thread. Look at his posts.

I guess I don't care if the girl IS advertising. The product cost me $15, so I'll give it a go.

Keith, I looked at your gallery and see much improvements with just the scar kit. Did you feel anything when you used this? I mean did you peel or anything? I wonder how it works. I am not questioning that it did work, it is great that it did. I have just tried so many things with little success. I am now on my fourth tca cross. While this is not a cross thread, this 4th one seems different. I waited over a month, like 1.5 months exactly and this one burned longer and is still red after day 3. No scab yet. I will try the acne free regardless of skeptics since minor improvements to me would be worth 19.99 for sure. I have some very slight shallow scarring. I also have a larger boxcar which I considered exising, however that doc does not have lasers to follow up with and that would be what I would want. Anyways... your skin looks good. I can see much improvements when viewing your gallery. : )

I was on accutane for 5 months and used it that whole time. The peptides are supposed to promote collagen and healing bringing the indents up to surface, so no damage is really necessary. I also started microdermabrasion every other week since a little while after coming off accutane. Doesnt feel like anything when u apply it.

Keithr23 mentioned the product before this thread. Look at his posts.

I guess I don't care if the girl IS advertising. The product cost me $15, so I'll give it a go.

U know University Medical is a huuuuuuge retail company. I seriously doubt that chick is wasting time on acne.org to get a few people to buy something for $12-20. And yeah there were like 3 peopl using it and posting like a year ago when It first came out.

JodieM didn't you just start using the cream today? It's interesting that you saw some scars fill in in just a few hours. I started using it yesterday, and I'm giving it a month. I'm not going to be looking at my scars for improvement just yet though.

No I used it for 2 1/2 weeks in late August, stopped because I needed to use more BP, (thats when I noticed some improvement), and just restarted after I cleared up mostly.........

This product looks really good.

Anyone got a link where i could purchase it from? I really want to try this product out.

I'm also situated in the U.K. is the product available anywhere in my country?

OK, I'm skeptical but I got just got this today. it's less than $20 and it comes with a money back guarantee so I won't lose anything by trying.

I was really interested in finding more about this Oxygen Peptide-A, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything on any search engine. There wasn't much info on the manufacturers website either.

I will try this and IF I see some improvement, I will post before and after pictures. I really don't think this will do much for pitted scars, but I'm optimistic and I hope I'm wrong.

It's says the active ingredient is hydroquinone, I really don't care much about that as I don't need to lighten any marks, I'm interested in the Oxygen Peptide-A, which is supposed to help with the pitted scars.

I did a search in this forum and I see this has been discussed before and mixed results have been reported.

For all those interested, here's the info from the package:

AcneFree SCAR FADE & ERASE

For OLD & NEW SCARS

Advanced Time-released 2 Step System

Hydroquinone- helps to fade scars and even out skin tone.

Oxygen-Peptide A- reduces appearance of pock marks.

---STEP 1: Scar Lotion---

Encapsulated Time-Released Hydroquinone

Contains the first ever time-released, encapsulated Hydroquinone to even out red areas and lighten dark spots. Time-release technology ensures that Scar Lotion is working 24/7 to help your skin look it's clearest and smoothest!

Plus Oxygen Peptide-A

Time-released Oxygen Peptide technology promotes natural collagen production to visibly "level" pock marks fromm within the skin's surface. The re-cushioning effect yields visibly smoother skin you can see and feel in only 2 shorts weeks!

Directions: Massage a dime-sized smount of Scar Lotion (Step 1) onto clean dry scarred areas of skin. Let dry. Follow with Oil free Moisturizer (Step 2). Use daily, AM and PM.

STEP 2: Oil-Free Moisturizer

with Essential SPF 15 Sunscreen

A sunscreen is essential while outdoors and using hydroquinone. Keep your skin healthy looking and beautifully clear with this light, soothing, oil-free moisturizer. Contains vitamin E to nourish skin, plus SPF 15 to protect from the sun's damaging rays. Helps control oil production, keeps skin soft, and improve texture and clarity.

Directions: Apply a pearl-sized amount and smooth over face and neck. Layer over Step 1, or may be used on clean skin. Use daily, AM and PM.

Drug Facts - Scar Lotion

---------------------------

Active ingredient Purpose

Hydroquinone 2% Skin Lightener

-----------

Use: for skin lightening

-----------

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen. Sun exposure should be limited by using a sunscreen agen, a sun blocking agent, or protective clothing to cover bleached skin after treatment is completed in order to prevent darkening from reoccurring. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.

Stop use and ask doctor if skin irritation occurs.

----------

Keep out of reach of children

----------

Directions: Apply small amount as a thin layer on the affected area twice daily or as directed by doctor. If no improvement is seen after 3 months of treatment, use of this product should be discontinued. Lightening effect of this product may not be noticeable when used on very dark skin.

Indications: lightens dark brownighs discolorations (or pigment), (or spots), (or blotches), (or areas), in the skin such as freckles, age spots, or skin darkening caused during pregnancy from hormones.

-------------

Inactive Ingredients

Water(aqua), Hydoroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethannol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phytosterol, Benzyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Metabisulfate, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Water, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Allyl Methacrylates, Crosspolymer, Hydroquinone.

Druf Facts - Oil Free Moisturizer

--------------------------------

Active Ingredient Purpose

Octinoxate 6.0%, Benzophenone-3.50%

Octisalate 4.0%..............Sunscreen

--------------

Use: provides moderate protection from sunburn

----------------

Warnings

For external use only

When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Stop use and ask a doctor if: Rash or irritation develops and lasts.

Sun Alert: Limiting sun exposure and using sunscreens may reduce the risks of skin aging, skin cancer, andother harmful effects of the sun.

---------------

Directions: Apply liberally to face as often as necessary. Children under 6 months of age: ask doctor.

-----------------

Inactive Ingredients

Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylen Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-20, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer TEA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragance.

I purchased this as well. Used it for 2 days, no results as of yet.

I have a question:

IF the Oxygen Peptide-A is THE collagen booster...WHERE is it listed in this product? ..the ONLY ACTIVE ingredient listed is Encapsulated Time-Released Hydroquinone.

Is the Oxygen Peptide-A in the Sunscreen?

Please, tell me what I'm missing here. :wall:

If anyone could answer these questions for me it would be great:

Anyone have a breakout while using this stuff?

I have been using Clearasil which has 2% salicylic acid, Apple Cider Vinegar (brand:Heinz 5% acidity) and Clearasil daily face wash, but when i was checking AcneFree's faq I came across this:

Apply the Scar Eraser directly on the scarred area. Do not use the Scar Eraser with any Retinal, Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Lime or Alcohol Product. Do not use with any type of Astringent. For cleansing with use of the Scar Treatment, use a gentle, non-irritating face wash such as Dove or Neutrogena.

If you are using the Scar Eraser with the AcneFree Clear Skin Solutions, use them on alternating days. One day use the Scar Eraser, the next day use the AcneFree Clear Skin Solutions for effective treatment of acne.

Guest PurpleHaze1

I have a question:

IF the Oxygen Peptide-A is THE collagen booster...WHERE is it listed in this product? ..the ONLY ACTIVE ingredient listed is Encapsulated Time-Released Hydroquinone.

Give it 2 weeks and then tell us. You cant tell anything from 2 days.

I have a question:

It is listed in the long list on the bottle. Under Active ingredients they only list the Hydroquinone.

I don't know why this is but it is on the bottle in a longer list.

The suncreen has nothing else but sunscreen in it. So I use another kind if I am out in the sun because I just dont like it it feels too heavy??????