Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brainsblown

HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE CAN ORGANIC FOODS MAKE??

WEN TALKING ABOUT ORGANIC FOODS IM MOSTLY REFERRING TO FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND LEAN MEATS....HOW MUCH EFFECT CAN ORGANIC FRUITS AND VEGGIES HAVE ON ACNE RATHER THAN REGULAR SUPERMARKET FRUITS AND VEGGIES?

WEN TALKING ABOUT ORGANIC FOODS IM MOSTLY REFERRING TO FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND LEAN MEATS....HOW MUCH EFFECT CAN ORGANIC FRUITS AND VEGGIES HAVE ON ACNE RATHER THAN REGULAR SUPERMARKET FRUITS AND VEGGIES?

About as much a difference as Necromancer typing 'no difference' and 'NO DIFFERENCE'. Case closed.

:ninja:

Lets just say that organic is the new black. Of course organic food is nicer, but it won't make a noticable difference. It's still better to eat any vegetable or fruit than any processed stuff.

I just found out sometime ago that organic foods only have to be 20% organic for the organic label. Unless it's stated 100% organic, it's probably not entirely organic.

Guest Stu :-)

About as much a difference as Necromancer typing 'no difference' and 'NO DIFFERENCE'. Case closed.

and about as much difference as Necromancer being "uncool" and "i abso-f**kin-lutely love myself"

and about as much difference as Necromancer being "uncool" and "i abso-f**kin-lutely love myself"

And about as much a difference as the above member bashing Necromancer and the next member bashing Necromancer. Case closed.

I'm going with:

"It's not possible for Necromancer to be un-cool"

You're all lucky Nec and I don't combine our common sense, we might just take over the world.

I just found out sometime ago that organic foods only have to be 20% organic for the organic label. Unless it's stated 100% organic, it's probably not entirely organic

OMG :shock: I am not spending another cent on organic! But of all the stuff I read that says how bad all the pesticides are, I was so paranoid, is it really not a big deal?

I eat 80% organic foods - all fruits, veggies, cereal, meat, milk, etc... The only non-organic foods I eat are at restaurants or at the homes of family and friends. I've done this for years and it never made any difference in my acne. I do it for other reasons - we just prefer to shop at Wild Oats and we think it tastes better.

My philosophy - whenever you get animal products yourself, you should try to get organic. Milk, eggs, meat, it really makes a difference as far as the nutritional makeup of that product (mainly the fatty acid makeup). If you're eating out at a restaurant or it's in a canned soup or something, don't sweat it...

Fruits and vegetables - the most sprayed of these you should try to get organic if you can from time to time or all the time if you can afford it. In general, if it's leafy or thin skinned, it's heavily sprayed, so apples, grapes, spinach, lettuce, etc. Personally I buy all salad organic, and as far as fruits I'll get them if they're on sale or just from time to time but not regularly. A lot of the time organic fruits are shipped from far away like New Zealand, and personally I believe local is better because it's fresher.