Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

I wish there was something that could actually kill my zits

That would be pretty cool..

Any spot treatment I have ever used, doesn't work. I wonder if anyone else is this way. It's like my acne can not be defeated :wall:

Have you ever tried Neutrogena on-the- spot? It's 2.5 BP and if you use it right it works great!

when i first used it i would layer it on each pimple just covering it. But then my boyrfriend told me that he loved it and only put a tiny see-though layer on the pimples every morning and night and it really fades them in a matter of days. Anyway, it works well.

Any spot treatment I have ever used, doesn't work. I wonder if anyone else is this way. It's like my acne can not be defeated :wall:

Thats because acne cannot be treated with an anti-spot treatment. you have to treat the whole area at the same time. Which is probably why Dan's method works. Anyway, if you want, my method works too. Its a modified version of Dan's but for me it was a fluke and yielded amazing results. I used to have horrid active acne. Tried everything under the sun as everyone else here. Then i found this site ...did lots of experimenting and hit the jackpot. And that was in august last year. Since then to now...i'm not had another acne outbreak. which is amazing for me. Only occasional lone pimples that disappear in about 3 days after they appear. I'm surprised how this method had managed to not only control acne but also improve the texture and quality of my skin. so there. But i'm not gonna preach and get criticised. I'll tell ...if you want to know. :)

Have you ever tried Neutrogena on-the- spot? It's 2.5 BP and if you use it right it works great!

when i first used it i would layer it on each pimple just covering it. But then my boyrfriend told me that he loved it and only put a tiny see-though layer on the pimples every morning and night and it really fades them in a matter of days. Anyway, it works well.

Yeah, I can't use it. I tried Dan's regimen a long time ago, and that's how I found out i'm allergic to BP.

Thats because acne cannot be treated with an anti-spot treatment. you have to treat the whole area at the same time. Which is probably why Dan's method works. Anyway, if you want, my method works too. Its a modified version of Dan's but for me it was a fluke and yielded amazing results. I used to have horrid active acne. Tried everything under the sun as everyone else here. Then i found this site ...did lots of experimenting and hit the jackpot. And that was in august last year. Since then to now...i'm not had another acne outbreak. which is amazing for me. Only occasional lone pimples that disappear in about 3 days after they appear. I'm surprised how this method had managed to not only control acne but also improve the texture and quality of my skin. so there. But i'm not gonna preach and get criticised. I'll tell ...if you want to know. :)

If it still requires me to use BP, I can't use your regimen since i'm allergic to BP. But thank you regardless :D

The most effective spot treatment I have used is Proactiv Sulfur Mask. I just leave it on the pimple overnight even though it says to wash it off after 20 mins.

The most effective spot treatment I have used is Proactiv Sulfur Mask. I just leave it on the pimple overnight even though it says to wash it off after 20 mins.

I've done that but it doesn't really work for me.

I just use like this cheap Clean&Clear on the spot I bought ALONG time ago when I didn't know much about acne.

I've been really clear lately so thats all I really need for now. But I'm breaking out, 5 new zits today ahh!

Even thought I'm a guy I use Neutrogeno Healthy Face Daily Moustizer spf15 slighty tinted.

The tint EVENs out my skin tones and hides my fading marks. It has no oil, fregrance free and all that jazz.

There is, its called anit-biotics. I went on bactrim DS for a while, and i was almost clear in a little over a week (just taking the pill), but unfortunately I started having bad reactions (breathing probs)

There is, its called anit-biotics. I went on bactrim DS for a while, and i was almost clear in a little over a week (just taking the pill), but unfortunately I started having bad reactions (breathing probs)

I was on antibiotics for two years straight. And I actually can't take bactrim. I took that when I was a little girl and had a horrible allergic reaction to it that made me end up in the hospital.

But yeah, now i'm on accutane. See my signature? I wouldn't be on accutane if antibiotics worked.

Yeah, I can't use it. I tried Dan's regimen a long time ago, and that's how I found out i'm allergic to BP.

If it still requires me to use BP, I can't use your regimen since i'm allergic to BP. But thank you regardless :D

Oh thats terrible. Yea it requires bp. so sorry that i cant help.

For those of you who asked, i'll tell you what i do. I found this site quite some time back and was really excited because i had terrible acne which i've battled with for years. I went on the regimen. This was the result i got...First it caused my skin to flake etc..if you've read about the regimen, you'd notice that this is normal. But i noticed that my skin became rough and patchy. And i figured the cetaphil i was using just didnt cut it. But i was afraid to deviate from the regimen and risk screwing up worse. Then came 2 mths...i had a huge breakout....6-7 acne pimples at one time...my skin was patchy and i looked like i had scales.

So i came back here looking for a better option. I read about botchla's regimen. If you're not aware, he/she suggests using 2 cleansers. One with SA and the other with BP. This was the reasoning..

1. SA works to clear debris from the skin and unclog the pores but does not kill the bacteria

2. BP kills bacteria very efficiently.

So he suggests using 2 cleansers with one of each to get the best of both. While the reasoning sounded plausible, i was apprehensive because i have prior experience with acne cleansers and they really dry out the skin so i didnt want to use 2 cleansers. So i pondered and something struck my mind. I thought perhaps the scaly skin was an accumulation of dead skin and that the reason why i was breaking out still was probably because cetaphil was too gentle to clear the dead cells and so its clogging up the pores and the bp cant penetrate.

So, why not use a cleanser containing SA to clean up the debris and unclog the pores..and then continue with Dan's method and apply the bp gel over to kill bacteria deep in the pores...followed by moisturiser. So in a way, it was combining Botchla's and Dan's regimens. Guess what? Fluke! it worked sooo damn well. I totally cleared up and stayed clear for more than a year now. Not another acne pimple. No patchy skin. Even the quality of my skin has improved sooo much.

These are the products i use...simple and nothing that you cant afford.

Cleanser - Clearasil 3-in-1 deep cleasing wash ( contains SA)

So far this is the best cleanser i've used for my acne and it works very well with this method

BP gel - Benzac AC 2.5 gel

No dryness no redness nothing...i used to use Neutrogena but it burned and made my skin terribly red. I think Dan's gel will work just as well Benzac

Moisturiser- this is up to you...i keep switching moisturisers but it has never affected my results. But remember to avoid moisturisers that are heavy-duty...just to play safe.

Everything you need is very cheap compared to the fancy brands "tailor-made" for acne.

Also please drink lots of water...it helps to speed the clearing up of your active pimples. And give it at least 1 month to work...for me i could FEEL the results in 2 weeks. Oh and i'm so thankful to Dan for setting up this site...it was a catalyst for me in finding what works ridiculously well for me. :D