Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iwantperfectskin

Putting on less BP and not washing twice a day

Hey, I've been on the CSR for about a year now. It has cleared me up, but recently I've been really red and also dry. I'm sick of putting crap on my face. My face always feels raw and red and like the whole top layer is dead.

For the past few days I have decided to experiment after reading a thread about not washing at all.

-For 2 days now I have only washed, BPed and moisturized at night. In the mornings I dont do anything except apply a little sunscreen... So far no visible acne and throughout the day my face doesn't feel raw or dry and my complexion seems a little more even.

Am I only guaranteeing a huge outbreak down the line? Or maybe I have outgrown acne? I am 19 and a half now.

Wait a couple more days, but when I tried once a day application all hell broke loose after 3 days. Some people can handle it, some can't. Only one way to find out.

I agree with Chance ^.

You never know until you try it and see what happens.

Sometimes people will be fine doing it once a day, and others will begin breaking out within a few days to a few weeks.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

But if it doesn't and you need to go back to twice a day BP application, maybe we can tweak your products to help you not be so red and raw.

What cleanser, BP brand, and moisturizer are you using? Maybe a change or two can help your skin feel better.

I agree with Chance ^.

You never know until you try it and see what happens.

Sometimes people will be fine doing it once a day, and others will begin breaking out within a few days to a few weeks.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

But if it doesn't and you need to go back to twice a day BP application, maybe we can tweak your products to help you not be so red and raw.

What cleanser, BP brand, and moisturizer are you using? Maybe a change or two can help your skin feel better.

cetaphil,proactiv ( because it moisturizes), and dove sensitive skin

In my experience, Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser leaves a film of gunk on your skin. This might explain the 'dead skin feeling' you described.

Especially if you have oily skin and/or wear makeup. Cetaphil does not get oily skin clean. You might consider getting a cleanser that lathers up and doesn't leave any residue.

If your skin is red and dry it sounds like you might need a better moisturizer too. I don't have any experience with the Dove moisturizer you mentioned, but Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion feels very nice and soothing on.

You can consider these changes, or see how it goes with your original plan. Either way, keep us updated on how you are doing.

I used the regimen for about 6.5 mos, and it worked pretty well. But I too was tired of it; it felt unhealthy. So I tried tea tree oil. NO GOOD! Well, my face was pimply after quitting the regimen, but not severely. It held out better than I thought it would.

But for some reason, when the weather starts to change from summer to colder winter months, I have some problems with adjusting, and "all hell breaks loose." I figured if I could hold out in mediocrity with NO BP....I'd get by and whittle it to once a night.

I'm 21...I don't think this is something I'll just "outgrow." I would like to think, however, that my body chemistry can someday balance out somehow and at least LESSEN my condition. I have no intentions of staying on BP for long term use.

I used the regimen for about 6.5 mos, and it worked pretty well. But I too was tired of it; it felt unhealthy. So I tried tea tree oil. NO GOOD! Well, my face was pimply after quitting the regimen, but not severely. It held out better than I thought it would.

But for some reason, when the weather starts to change from summer to colder winter months, I have some problems with adjusting, and "all hell breaks loose." I figured if I could hold out in mediocrity with NO BP....I'd get by and whittle it to once a night.

I'm 21...I don't think this is something I'll just "outgrow." I would like to think, however, that my body chemistry can someday balance out somehow and at least LESSEN my condition. I have no intentions of staying on BP for long term use.

Yep, one thing I don't like about the CSR is about how unhealthy it feels. I don't like putting so much stuff on my face. Every. Single. Day. UGH