Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iwantperfectskin

growing out of acne?

First of all, I've been on the CSR for about a year or so and it has cleared me up. Yet, for some reason it has recently given me red and insanely dry skin. I am basically sick of putting so many chemicals on my face two times a day.

Question:

Im about 19 and a half now and in college. How do I know when I have grown out of acne. Or at least the fairly deep persistent acne? So I don't have to keep putting this sh*t on my face? :)

Im not sure. I dont think some of us ever grow out of acne..not at least till we die *haha*. I never got acne til I was in my twenties (well 19 maybe was the start). But if you have the more traditional adolescent acne, Id say try going off the medication in your early twenties and see what happens.

Periodically stop doing the regimen, like dan has tried. If you get acne, its still there. If you don't, cross your fingers and hope it stays that way. Just make sure you give your face enough time one way or the other to really know.

My personal theory is that you never actually grow out of it entirely; it will probably always stick around in some form. I would like to think, however, that as you grow older, perhaps the condition slows down. Wouldn't that be swell? I just don't want to wait around forever, you know?

Currently I only have on little two white heads. It's been two days of not putting much of anything on my face at all at night. (tiny bit of BP) and in the morning nothing at all. (not even washing)

but my cheeks seem blotchy and red. i'm not sure if its pastules being formed or if its the redness of my skin coming thru or something.

Guest buttonit

when i hit 20 my acne went away. i still wash my face 2x a day.

Statistics say that most people grow out of it at age 25 or earlier. After 25, only 5% of men and 15% of women ever have it.

It's been about three days of doing nothing but washing at night and I have to say my face looks the best its ever looked. Basically, no acne at all and my cheeks arent red because im not putting any of the chemicals on it that I have been for years! WoW!

I don't know if this is just temporary. Will my face break out in a few days like never before because BP hasn't touched my face in days?

When will I know for sure that "I am in the CLEAR?" Yes that pun is intended. :D

It's been about three days of doing nothing but washing at night and I have to say my face looks the best its ever looked. Basically, no acne at all and my cheeks arent red because im not putting any of the chemicals on it that I have been for years! WoW!

I don't know if this is just temporary. Will my face break out in a few days like never before because BP hasn't touched my face in days?

When will I know for sure that "I am in the CLEAR?" Yes that pun is intended. :D

Give it AT LEAST 2 weeks.

Guest buttonit

i've been realtively clear for nearly a year. i still get the occasional pimple or 2 but that dosent bother me. its just the red marks.

All right. I am going to try and stick it out for 2 weeks to see what happens.

BTW, How common is it for someone who got acne at about the freshman year in highschool and had it disappear by their freshman year in college?

Guest buttonit

All right. I am going to try and stick it out for 2 weeks to see what happens.

BTW, How common is it for someone who got acne at about the freshman year in highschool and had it disappear by their freshman year in college?

not sure but most people get it from puberty. i had mine from 14/15 - 20 which is about that time frame 9th grade H.S. - sophmore college

i wouldnt suggest u do this bcuz when i did it was the worst thing i could have ever done. i thought my acne wasnt gonna come back because it was gone and had been gone with bp and i thought it wuld stay that way. ofcourse it didnt, and i come back to use bp and im allergic. its the worst thing in the world knowing bp can clear my acne so well and everything else i try isnt working and the ONE thing i know for sure works , i cant use ..

im not saying thhis will happen for you but i read its not uncommon for ur body to build up intolerance for something harsh that it doesnt like when it has the chance to (like when u discontinue using it for a time)

i now use bp VERY lightly on the bottom of my face in the afternoon and i wash it off before bed and my eyes still swell but i figure its worth it for clear skin. the swelling goes away by morning so no one ever sees.

i kno using a product constantly on ur face sucks haha thats why i quit using it in the first place but maybe try only doing the regimen at night and see what happens, u shuld still be clear bcuz the bp will kill off all the bacteria accumulated in the day. if u dont break out from only doing it at night then slowly start lessening the amount of bp but i wouldnt break it off immediatly..

stopping all together like that u probally wont break out for a month or two bcuz the effects of bp are still in ur skin and ur not used to producing pimples. so id wait atleast 3 months before u could tell whether ur acnes coming back or not

hope i helped :]]

Well, for the past 2 weeks I had only applied BP at night and only washed in the morning. And I didn't get any more acne because of it at all. I only got less red. But I was definitely still red.

So I decided to basically stop all the BP a few days ago and it's gone well so far. No new acne and my face is less red and the complexion is more even.

So I dunno :doh:

hey iwantperfectskin. how bad was your acne before you started the CSR?

i think it depends if you have bad genes. mine is genetic because my dad has it. so i don't want to stop using bp

ull know when uve grown out of it when you can stop using ur topicals and not get a pimple for a long time and if u get a pimple every now and than it its really small thats usally when uve grown out of it

OK. Here is an update:

I have not done anything to my face other than wash it once a day (at night). And put a tiny bit suncreen on FOR A WEEK AND A HALF.

So far, no real problems. A few active small pimples around the lip, but I never even put BP here anyways and I don't care cuz it looks like regular teenage acne.

As for my former problem areas, my cheeks, no acne and no redness or dryness (YES)

So.. Am I in the clear yet or do I have wait longer to see? :)

It sounds like you may be lucky. Unfortunately, I'm one of those that never seems to out grow acne. I'm 43, and I've had acne since about 4th grade. It has come and gone, but never gone completely. I tried the Acutane twice, but during the second round, stopped. Too many negative side effects. It helped get rid of the big cysts, but I still have had acne. I've been told my skin looks good for someone that had bad acne as a teen/early 20. I can see the scars and I still have some red marks, and one big broken capillary that really is a pain. I find that when I'm actively exercising and eating well, getting enough rest, and using BP that my face is tolerable.

I've tried many products and I'm not sure what I like the best. I'm going to be trying Dan's BP once the supply I have is gone. Using the Proactive BP lotion. Given up on the rest of the Proactive line after nearly 6-7 years on it. Just too drying, too much money, and I am ready for a change.