Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightlynx

It works for me, Acnefree step 1

Im 30 years old, and finally found something that works for me.

Ive had acne since about 16, was sever when i was younger, and has been mild to moderate for about the last 10 years.

Ive also had very..VERY oily skin. A friend of mine recomended AcneFree (which is basically a Proactive knock off). But he said only use the Step 1 Purifying Cleanser. He had pretty bad acne but has been clear for some time now.

Step 1 is a Benzoyl-Peroxide cleanser (2.25%, so its faily mild) I had been using the BP cream

for a long time and it did help some, but i still had blimishes and very oily skin.

My old regimen was to wash with a gentle cleanser and the apply BP gel 2 times a day.

What i found was that although it was a gentle cleanser, just washing your face ( i guess the rubbing motion) irritates your skin. Then applying BP to the skin also adds to the irritation. When the skin on your face is irratated, it produces more oil, which can cause more pimples.

Now all i do is use the AcneFree Step 1 wash, 2 time a day, morning and right before bed.

Nothing else. This cleans your skin and kills bacteria with the BP in one step.

Ive been on this for over 2 weeks. I saw noticible results in 3 days. For the last 5 or 6 days

ive been just about pimple free, think maybe 1 or 2 small white heads. And my skin

for the first time in about 15 years is much less oily. I still have some oil, but its not near

as bad, and my complexion is the best if seen it in a very long time

The best part is i found a big 8oz bottle of Step 1 sold individually. I found it at CVS Pharmacy. And it was only about $8

This might not work for all types of acne, but its been a blessing for me. So if nothing has been

working for you... you might want to give this a try since its not expensive. Its worked so good

for me i had to share. This is my first post on this site in about 3 years.

Blessing for me too! But I use all 3 and basically I am acne-free!

I still have very small breakouts though, and the repair lotion clears them up in afew days!

I have used this one (all 3 steps) for a couple of weeks and sometimes it gets better but the last few days it's gotten worse. I can't understand it... maybe I should only use step 1 or try a different product. The weird thing is that I have never had acne (only very mild breakouts every now and then) when I was a teenager and now I'm 21 and suddenly I have very bad red breakouts. I really don't know what to do, it seems to worsen the acne instead of helping it. Any suggestions? What works for you?

Thank you!

/Catharina

I use all 3 steps, I get mine at walmart. Its great stuff and it only cost me like 28.00 for 2-3 months supply.

Update!

Ive been doing the Acnefree step 1 twice a day for a month now with amazing results.

For me its worked better than anything ive ever tried. Its also helped with oil control. My face is much less oily now. But in the last week ive only had maybe 2 or 3 small white heads, no other pimples at all. Parts of my face are starting to get that real smooth complexion. Something i havent seen on myself in many years. And its nice that its inexpensive with the large 8oz bottle sold individually.

Im totally amazed at how good this is working.

Since i have oily skin too, i might give this a try. Would I find the individual cleanser from the acne free kit at the acne section? What is it exactly called? I'll be going to walmart since there is no CVS here in Canada.

I went to walmart today and I couldn't even find the kit. I also went to london drugs as well. Where would the kit be located in walmart? I checked the acne section, nothing there

Update!

I just went to Wal-Mart tonight and found the 8oz bottle for $6.49 I got the last one they had, but im glad to see they are carring it.

I think Acnefree is a big seller. Even the kits were almost sold out, only a few left. Im glad i got the last big bottle of step 1.

Its been well over a month now, and still very clear and much less oily. I still have some oil, but ive learned its not near as bad looking when your face is clear.

does anyone have a picture or link to the bottle of 2.5% bp wash? i can't find it at cvs or walmart. granted, both the cvs and the walmart in my area are really crappy. i can't find any bp washes less than 10%. :wall:

I agree.

I bought this stuff about a month ago,and I use it once a day (twice is too irritating to my skin),and my skin is so much better than it was.I too noticed improvement in about 3 days!

I also use Differin because I've been on it forever,and love it.