Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reeferpappa

Starting the BP regimen again

I did the BP regimen for a couple of years while I was in high school, last year I stopped using BP and switched to Apple Cider Vinegar instead because I thought the BP made my face a little redder then it should be. Well, it worked for about a year but now I'm noticing the effects wearing off, I think the bacteria have grown immune to the Vinegars effects, who knows. Anyways, I'm thinking of starting the BP again, but I'm thinking, is my face gonna react the way it did when I first started using BP those few years ago, you know, with the really red flakiness, or once the skin has been exposed to it once, it won't react the same way again, does anyone know? Thanks in advance yo

If you have been off BP for a year, then yea I think your skin will react as if you are starting all over.

I'd go ahead and begin with a tiny amount of BP, and take your time with it reintroducing your skin to it.

If you have been off BP for a year, then yea I think your skin will react as if you are starting all over.

I'd go ahead and begin with a tiny amount of BP, and take your time with it reintroducing your skin to it.

But once the body is exposed to something and becomes acquainted with it, it usually doesn't react so offenseivly, I mean, take smoking for example. Someone smokes a cigarette for the first time and coughs because of all the toxic crap in the smoke, but after awhile you won't cough anymore. And then if you smoke again like 5 months later, you still wouldn't cough, because the bodies been subjected to it before...

I did the BP regimen for a couple of years while I was in high school, last year I stopped using BP and switched to Apple Cider Vinegar instead because I thought the BP made my face a little redder then it should be.

Vinegar isn't half as good as bp in preventing acne. Stick with bp.

I did the BP regimen for a couple of years while I was in high school, last year I stopped using BP and switched to Apple Cider Vinegar instead because I thought the BP made my face a little redder then it should be.

Vinegar isn't half as good as bp in preventing acne. Stick with bp.

You'd be surprised, it really worked well when I first started doing it, but it has worn off, unlike BP, which as far I remember the bacteria can't grow resistant to, I guess I'll start right back up with BP tomorrow then, any tips on how to reduce the redness/dryness if it should happen when I start using BP again?

I agree with Brandy that you should take your time reintroducing bp to your skin, just to be safe. I also started the regimen again a month back after half a year of quitting it. I took it easy with a small amount of bp and still experienced redness and dryness the first week.

But once the body is exposed to something and becomes acquainted with it, it usually doesn't react so offenseivly, I mean, take smoking for example. Someone smokes a cigarette for the first time and coughs because of all the toxic crap in the smoke, but after awhile you won't cough anymore. And then if you smoke again like 5 months later, you still wouldn't cough, because the bodies been subjected to it before...

Well, it doesn't work this way. If you use BP, and then stop for a year, your skin is no longer accustomed to having it on all the time. When you start again, you will likely go through the initial hardening stage again.

This doesn't necessarily mean that you will be miserable and uncomfortable though. It just means I'd not recommend starting off with the full generous amount, I'd take it slow and let your skin get reaccustomed to having BP on it all the time. Better safe than sorry, ya know! Just start out with less, if your skin is fine then you can probably move up a bit more quickly than someone who had never used it before.

Good luck!