Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

re: Dr. Perricone's SALMON diet for the skin

To Maya or anyone else who has tried--or is trying--this diet, does it matter in what form the salmon is? In other words, do I have to cook fresh salmon every morning? (I think that a fishy smell in the kitchen first thing each morning would not sit too well with the rest of the household...except for the cats!) I saw frozen salmon patties in the grocery store the other day...can I use those??

I have been drinking 3 or 4 cups of green tea daily, and eating a lot of blueberries, oatmeal and green melon, and my skin does look a little better already. I want to do the salmon, too, but I want to make sure the pre-cooked, frozen variety is okay to use. If anyone could please let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

John

Hi,

You should try to get fresh salmon and make sure its not atlantic. Atlantic salmons are kind of farm fed and so they have harmones and all that bad stuff not good for acne skin.

Johnnery - I am on the salmon programme - but kind of part time - 2 days on, 2 days off (bit of a struggle) and in the Perricone books he says you need to use WILD salmon, not farmed. You can use the tinned wild salmon too. I tend to bake 4-6 fillets (not always wild, coz it's expensive stuff) in the oven - I put in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle a little lemon juice, olive oil and chopped parsley on it, cover with tin foil and then bake for around 20-30 minutes.

Then I eat most of it cold (keep it in the fridge) - as I can't stand the fish smells in the house every day!

And according to Dr P, fish oils do not carry all the good stuff from salmon.

If the salmon patties are 100% salmon, yes... if they have some carbs mixed in it (like bread crumbs..) then, No.

To be honest, I think most people will have better skin if they skip most carbs/sugar as they are pro-inflammatory. Most people aren't getting enough protein or veg/fruit.

Nothing wrong with Salmon fish oils/Omega 3s.. but there's good ness in Salmon too - not just the oil.