Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JennyQ

Accutane IB

Hey everybody. Just a quick question. I'm on my first week of amnesteem and my derm said that I will not have the IB everyone is talking about because my acne is pretty mild and concentrated just on my chin. Even though it's mild though it hurts like hell and nothing else has ever worked to get rid of the cysts. I'm just wondering how many of you with mild acne got the IB from accutane? Thanks.

Jen

Hi :)

I had mild acne & don't remember having an initial breakout (If i did, it must have been pretty mild...i'm sure i'd remember a horrific one!)...some of us will say we didn't, others will say they did...really an individual thing.

Hope everything goes well! :D

I got a few breakouts in the first couple months, but my skin was not worse off. It was more like my average amount of breakouts on a not-so-good-skin month. I would not say my face got worse before it got better, I'd say it stayed the same before it got better. The only difference is that my breakouts were all on my chin and neck instead of my normal random locations.

I've been on Accutane 8 weeks (40mg once a day for month one, 40/80 for month two), and i got one cystic spot in my first IB. Then i went up to 80mgs every second day, and got two spots for my second IB. 3 zits in two months - i can cope with that!

I have mild, kinda moderate acne.... at first everything was fine, just a slight ib... and now, my 3rd week, my chin has gone straight to hell, same with the bottom of my right cheek... its disgusting... i hate it! hopefully the accutane will start to kick in for real sooon :(

Hey, I've got (had) mild acne, and am currently experienceing my IB. Its so bad in fact I was outta skool 2day, had to go to my derm, he prescribed me antibiotics and steroids!!!! So now I have to take those aswell as Roaccutane. Lucky me!!!!! :(

Hey everybody. Just a quick question. I'm on my first week of amnesteem and my derm said that I will not have the IB everyone is talking about because my acne is pretty mild and concentrated just on my chin. Even though it's mild though it hurts like hell and nothing else has ever worked to get rid of the cysts. I'm just wondering how many of you with mild acne got the IB from accutane? Thanks.

Jen

your acne is more than mild if you have cysts.

anyway, my acne was somewhat mild (more moderate) when i started accutane and i have yet to have an IB. but everyone is different, i don't think the severity of acne determines whether or not you will get an IB.