Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr. white

Back Acne and Accutane, Advice needed

I am 36 years old, and have had pretty good success with using regimine tactics on my back. My face has been good for awhile thankfully and I only use a 1.5% SA topical on it.

Recently (June or so) I had a bacne breakout with a vegence. I have never had it that bad, cystic and painful. I tried to wait it out, to no avail. I finally broke down and went back to Derm, haven't seen him in 5 or more years. He put me on Doxy and Clindamycin topical 1 month or so ago (plus the shots on the back). Today I had a follow up and he didn't seem real happy with the results. He said continue for another month and then he would go to Accutane. He thinks that will cover it. Some of the issues he contributes are enviornmental (I wear a bullet proof vest and ride in a car for 12 hours a shift), plus working out aggravates it.

I would like anyone with positive and negatives regarding Accutane to let me know. I have read logs so am familiar with some. If I could bother anyone to be specific instead of just do it, or it sucked it would really help me to decide if it comes to that. I always enjoy reading the posts so thanks in advance.

I am 36 years old, and have had pretty good success with using regimine tactics on my back. My face has been good for awhile thankfully and I only use a 1.5% SA topical on it.

Recently (June or so) I had a bacne breakout with a vegence. I have never had it that bad, cystic and painful. I tried to wait it out, to no avail. I finally broke down and went back to Derm, haven't seen him in 5 or more years. He put me on Doxy and Clindamycin topical 1 month or so ago (plus the shots on the back). Today I had a follow up and he didn't seem real happy with the results. He said continue for another month and then he would go to Accutane. He thinks that will cover it. Some of the issues he contributes are enviornmental (I wear a bullet proof vest and ride in a car for 12 hours a shift), plus working out aggravates it.

I would like anyone with positive and negatives regarding Accutane to let me know. I have read logs so am familiar with some. If I could bother anyone to be specific instead of just do it, or it sucked it would really help me to decide if it comes to that. I always enjoy reading the posts so thanks in advance.

I wrote a little message a day or so ago about Accutane ( It's FINALLY cured !!!

how Accutane solved my pain ). Take a look at it. At this point (and I hope it continues) I don't worry about anything aggravating acne. It just doesn't happen. I don't get acne. Of course, you'll get the one zit every once-in-a-while, but I'll take that easily. Just make sure your read about the potential issues with Accutane. There is a lot of dialogue out there, so there are probably some pretty valid issues with it. I decided that it was worth it and I'd do it again. Good luck.

I'm assuming from your post that you are in law enforcement. Some things to consider...if you wear contacts, you may have trouble wearing them on accutane. If you work nights, you may have trouble w/night vision.

So far...I'm doing fine w/my contacts, and driving at night has not been affected. I'm on week 6.

My back was the first thing to clear up on accutane...

Oh...and cornstarch baby powder works really well for moisture/irritation. You could put that on before you put on your vest.