Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Looking at recent pictures of people I went to highschool with.

I hadn't gone picture browsing on Hi5 in a long tim cause I rarely go on my Hi5 anymore, the pictures on there of me are so old, from when I didnt have acne. Anyway, I was looking through pictures of people I went to highschool with. Some of the "popular" girls have a bunch of pictures up and they all look so good and so happy... they had a great happy perfect life in highschool and are still living this life. It just makes me depressed because I see them having fun, and I feel like I'm wasting my days away sitting at home thinking about my face. But I dont even want to stand next to those girls now because I would feel gross... In highschool I was confident and thought I looked good and didnt care what those girls thought... but now... gah I really hate this, I really hate my skin... I hate everything right now haha... anyone else have this happen to them?

Guess I can kinda relate to this. I was pretty popular in school and in college I was really popular. Back then I had no probs with my skin tho. Only when I started working did all this begin! Im envious of my friends who for them acne has been and gone. Thing is I know a lot of how you feel and everything comes down to your own confidence and personality and everything and I try to not think bout my skin but I cant help it and I dont think I will ever be the same person I was back in college. In some ways tho it has changed me for the better as I am a lot more understanding of what its like to have acne. In school I didnt know any better so I just assumed it was something you got if you didnt wash your face :wall: Not that I ever treated anyone any different, tbh i didnt even notice it or think bout it.

You cant say they are living the high life cuz of what you see in their pictures. Dont worry they could be miserable.

You cant say they are living the high life cuz of what you see in their pictures. Dont worry they could be miserable.

lol ohh well thank god for that there is a little hope that they might be miserable too. god forbid anyone else being happy because your not ay.

jks jks

umm yea.. welcome to my world.. whenever i check up on old friends/classmates on facebook, which is like EVERY FREAKING DAY, i cant help but feel like im missing out on soooo many normal college activities, like partying and other good times.. ahh whatever, i guess im better off focusing on my studies :rolleyes:

I just dont want to waste my youth away by sobbing about my skin... I cant help it though, I cant have fun unless I feel good about myself, and right now I really dont. I have a wedding to go to this weekend, and my ex is going to be there and his whole family... I'm sooo nervous... GAH!!!