Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelyBella

Accutane - Wow

So I finished Accutane on September 4th, one day before I started school. I started it in January, so I was on it for 9 months. Back then, there really wasn’t anything nice to say about my skin. I didn't have severely bad acne, but it was pretty bad - cysts on my chin, and blemishes, mostly on my t-zone.

Well today something happened that hasn't happened probably since I was 10 years old - someone said to me, "You have really nice skin!" I was soo happy!! It was a total confidence booster! This is proof that Accuntane DOES work!

I was very hesitant at first because of all the stories I've read. I didn't have very many side effects; mostly dry lips and a bit of back pain. There can definitely be worse side effects, but I just want to let everyone know that it's worth the try. You could be the one getting a compliment next! :D

My skin isn’t 100% clear – I still have red spots and the odd spot here and there. And I'm expecting some kind of blemish or breakout around my next period. But I feel so much better about myself now. Anyone who’s wondering about Accutane – go for it. I’m so glad I did.

So I finished Accutane on September 4th, one day before I started school. I started it in January, so I was on it for 9 months. Back then, there really wasn’t anything nice to say about my skin. I didn't have severely bad acne, but it was pretty bad - cysts on my chin, and blemishes, mostly on my t-zone.

Well today something happened that hasn't happened probably since I was 10 years old - someone said to me, "You have really nice skin!" I was soo happy!! It was a total confidence booster! This is proof that Accuntane DOES work!

I was very hesitant at first because of all the stories I've read. I didn't have very many side effects; mostly dry lips and a bit of back pain. There can definitely be worse side effects, but I just want to let everyone know that it's worth the try. You could be the one getting a compliment next! :D

My skin isn’t 100% clear – I still have red spots and the odd spot here and there. And I'm expecting some kind of blemish or breakout around my next period. But I feel so much better about myself now. Anyone who’s wondering about Accutane – go for it. I’m so glad I did.

ya accutane is a miracle drug for a short period of time.. Your acne will most likely return worse or the same.. I regert taking accutane.. But it is a conifidence booster, temporarily...

That is not the case for everyone and you know it. No reason to drop a bomb on someone that is feeling good, just because you had a bad experience. We are all trying to manage this situation the best we can.

That is not the case for everyone and you know it. No reason to drop a bomb on someone that is feeling good, just because you had a bad experience. We are all trying to manage this situation the best we can.

Im not droping any "bomb" if a reality check is considered a "bomb" tahn thats ur opinion.. I was on it.. So was a high percentage of ppl on this forum,clearly ur still on this forum just like her , just like me.. Were all here for alternatives for the treating of acne... If reality is harsh so be it.. I was on accutane and it did wonders for the time being.. Thats just it.. Just saying how it is with the aftermath of accutane.. Id rather have some1 tell me the turth than lie ....

Congratulations - its a nice feeling isn't it? I keep having people tell me I look really healthy which is kind of ironic since I am eating worse than I have in months and stopped exercising. However, Accutane really gives you that look.

Kristin - you are wrong to say that her acne will most likely return. In fact, although Accutane is not a cure for everyone, the MAJORITY of people will only ever need one course to be 'cured' (other than the odd minor breakout that everyone gets). Therefore her acne will most likely not return. Yes there are a high percentage of people on this board who have been on more than one course of Accutane, but that is because THIS IS AN ACNE WEBSITE and people who are no longer struggling with acne or its after effects would not bother to come here.

yeh i got compliments like that a few months into my course 'your skin has cleared up heaps' it must've been pretty bad because it still looks like shit with red marks and redness

yes I'm still into tane but when I meat new people I sometimes tell them that I'm taking it and some of them said: "oh really?! you had acne? I can't see any evidence of that ."

and they look at me strangely as though they don't believe me at all :lol:

but I guess it's always me, myself and I, so you look at yourself a bit different than everyone else because obviously you're the one that has to live with it.

but sometimes I wish accutane would be more common or well-known. if you start telling people about the side effects or that you're not allowed to get pregnant or this or that, then they are really surprised ("oh really? oh I didn't know that, that's interesting.") and then they go: want another drink? :lol:

it's nothing for them but it's a whole new world for the one who's taking it. and they think it's some kind of vitamins or something (in a way it is ;) )