Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impishly_fun

accutane and popping pimples

so...I heard that it's really really really bad to pop pimples while on accutane. Is that true? And what happens if you do...cuz I kinda did and got a little freaked out about it. Thanks!

Yeah well .. everyone says your skin is much more delicate on accutane, so you absolutely should not pop your zits.

I still did. And so far, i'm ok. And unless it's possible for me to develop scars after accutane ends, then I think I should be ok.

I still wouldn't suggest it though. If you have any will power at all (I don't) then try not to pop.

it's always smarter not to pop the pimple and it can cause scarring accutane or not. If you really feel the need to pop it, get a fine needle, steralize it with a flame and poke a small hole and gently squeeze and wipe.

I personally think it can actually cause less scars if you do pop it, as long as extremely careful (even more so on accutane). I think leaving acne "inside" the skin can do more damage as skin grows around it. What you should never do though is pop them until they have a clear white head so its obvious something will come out.

To try and help it come out sooner uses hot compresses on it, it can help bring it to a head. The main key on accutane is never to squeeze, it will damage the skin, only ever use really gentle pressure downwards to help force the pus out after piercing gently with a sterilized needle.

Have had all sorts of acne, currently huge cysts and never had a scar doing that. Some peoples skin will be more prone to scarring though, so go with what works best for your skin, just be very very careful as whatever you do the skin is loads more sensitive.

I get facials each week and have them extracted professionally. The facials have made my skin super smooth and I'm not dry at all. I am only on day 13 of Accutane though, so that may change. I went for a facial this morning and all went well. I highly recommend it.