Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

I drowned my sorrows in chocolate.....

Guest ThereIsHope

Granted, i've been feeling better about my face lately. My mom assures me daily that I WILL enter my senior year with a clear face, and is willing to do anything to help me get accutane. The thing is, my derm appointment is 2 weeks from today. I've already had to wait 2 weeks already because his waiting list is so long. I guess thats a really good thing that lots of people go to him, but waiting can be almost as painful as the acne itself sometimes. :(

So I just drowned my superficial sorrows by eating a WHOLE bag of those ball-shaped lindt swiss dark chocolate truffles. Yeah, we're talking about TWELVE pinball-sized smooth creamy-filled suckers that now have given me the worst stomach ache and will probably break me out tommarow, seeing as eating just 3 of them give you over 70% of your daily saturated fat intake. :cry:

Sorry, just needed to rant. I sit and wait and pray for the day that I can sit and stuff my face with chocolate with beautiful clear skin and not worry about breaking out. Bwwaaaaahhhhhh........

Granted, i've been feeling better about my face lately. My mom assures me daily that I WILL enter my senior year with a clear face, and is willing to do anything to help me get accutane. The thing is, my derm appointment is 2 weeks from today. I've already had to wait 2 weeks already because his waiting list is so long. I guess thats a really good thing that lots of people go to him, but waiting can be almost as painful as the acne itself sometimes. :(

So I just drowned my superficial sorrows by eating a WHOLE bag of those ball-shaped lindt swiss dark chocolate truffles. Yeah, we're talking about TWELVE pinball-sized smooth creamy-filled suckers that now have given me the worst stomach ache and will probably break me out tommarow, seeing as eating just 3 of them give you over 70% of your daily saturated fat intake. :cry:

Sorry, just needed to rant. I sit and wait and pray for the day that I can sit and stuff my face with chocolate with beautiful clear skin and not worry about breaking out. Bwwaaaaahhhhhh........

Those chocolates are sooo delicious.. i've been stuffing myself with loads of chocolate icecream and watching lifetime .. i've been so emotional lately :lol:

anyways.. I hope you feel better!! :comfort:

Guest TheDeerHunter

mmm candies... chocolate releases endorphins which make you feel better..hehe i can never say no to candy :)

i hope your derm appointment goes well. my derm was very nice to me. im sure it will all work out!

Oh god that sounds so good.

I have a box of godvia chocolates that have been sitting in my fridge, calling out to me :(

I hope you feel better soon.

i understand how flustrating that is. i also can relate to comfort eating. especially if im feeling down about my skin, or am just randomly feeling low, i'll eat shitty food to make me feel better, and when im eating it, i do, and for a while after, but then later on i feel like crap, especially if it breaks me out, but i continue to do it, and i crave it, more so around my period, but the rest of the time, ive started eating nice and healthily.

yea i never got into the whole eating when your feelin depressed. when im feeling depressed i normally hardly eat anything. when im in a really good mood thats when i want to eat lots of shit for some reason.

i think guys when it comes to food, guy work much differently than girls.. it seems to me that girls are the ones who usually eat for COMFORT.. speaking of which.. i DEVOURED an entire pint of ben and jerry's KARAMEL SUTRA in ONE sitting.. omgomgomg soooo worth it :drool: hehe

words from my wise grandma;

"chocolate give the ching ching pinch pinchies to your face, no is good for you"

she is spanish, doesnt know much english, and clearly doesnt know what the hell acne is, and i hope the comment made you laugh, its not real advice.

I am currently comforting myself with fruit gushers.. ive had a bad day.

I can't stand chocolate (unless it's in brownie form :drool: ). But my comfort food when I'm depressed is triscuits and cojack cheese.

.. i've been so emotional lately :lol:

i sure can relate to that.....lol! This week has been a huge emotional rolleercoaster for me...nightmare week.

When i got doewn this week....i jus kin dapigged out on ben n jerry's cookie dough ice cream yum! lol! I cant eat that in a while noe tho lol!

We're for you babe! But unfortunately I did that once and totally broke me out on my cheeks where I don't usually break out. Added to the depression :(

not to worry they say that chocolate is a natural antioxidant so odds are all you'll have is a sore tummy but a happy self for the yummy chocolate.

when i was in high school my best friend had horrible acne. i still thought she was beautiful but she ALWAYS told me i was ugly (probably to make herself feel better) and how if i ate choclolate i'd have horrible acne so now i actually am AFRAID of chocolate. seriously. i'm terrified of the stuff even tho i'm clear and about 10 doctors have told me its irrational. i still am afraid.

so please enjoy the choclate for me. you deserve it! don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

i recently over the course of several days ate a whole bag of chips, a full pizza some mcdonalds and several cans of coke and no breakouts :)