Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Owch

Big and red, what to do?

Look at the pic in the attachment

This big, red cyst or something started to grow on my cheek Monday morning. I let it go, but all it did was fester. I tried to pop it Tuesday night by steaming it (I've heard that brings it to a head). No luck, it just got redder. I've been doing my normal stuff with cleanser and BP and moisterizer and I look fine, but this big red lump is bugging me. What can I do to bring it down?

By the way, I know it's bad to attempt a pop when it's not ready. I was just frustrated, so don't give me a hard time about it please.

post-29579-1158180702_thumb.jpg

post-29579-1158180702_thumb.jpg

Look at the pic in the attachment

This big, red cyst or something started to grow on my cheek Monday morning. I let it go, but all it did was fester. I tried to pop it Tuesday night by steaming it (I've heard that brings it to a head). No luck, it just got redder. I've been doing my normal stuff with cleanser and BP and moisterizer and I look fine, but this big red lump is bugging me. What can I do to bring it down?

By the way, I know it's bad to attempt a pop when it's not ready. I was just frustrated, so don't give me a hard time about it please.

You look like you have the same kind that I get...most of the face is clear, but then I get these large red painful cysts...Yeah, definitely don't try to poke or squeeze it again.....If you don't want to go get it injected wiih cortisone, which can sometimes help bring them down, you can try taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen to bring down the swelling, and use a combo of 2% salicylic acid, and BP to spot treat it....

Unfortunately, in the end, I've found that these damned things don't go down until they are good and ready...I've got one on my chin right now that I've had injected twice, and it is still there, so I guess I'll have to give up and let nature take it's course... :wacko:

Good luck!