Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

Why do I feel the need..

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I always do this to myself. Always. Mother fucker.

I've been in my house for two weeks straight. I've only left twice, one to go to the dermatologist, and once to go to the pharmacy. I've been waiting for my skin to get better so I could go outside.

So I wake up today, there has been this really painful bump on my skin. It's pretty small. But it's one of those really deep ones that hurt so bad. But today it's getting more red, so I figure ok i'm ready to pop this asshole. My skin is so sensitive though since i'm on accutane I end up cutting myself with my fingernail and hardly anything comes out of the bastard.

:( !!!!!!!!!!

i was one to pick alot, think it was partly being around the house so you have more oppertunity to keep looking in the mirror.....feeling crap... and hoping by squeezing it will go away quicker. Rarely works out like that though ! .....i used to try and jab needles in cysts hoping stuff would come out. Ouch that hurt :shock:

i always get that feeling. i see it... and i can't get it out of my head that i want it to go. everytime i look at it!

what i do is - i just don't look at it, put a bit of makeup over it so its not standin out as much when i glance in the mirror (so i won't notice it, and so it won't aggravate me), and just find somethin to do that will avert my attention.

sometimes it works :) sometimes it doesn't :( so far it's working :)

i know how you feel :(

i always want to pop mine also. i know i cant do that now since im on accutane cuz my skin wont heel fast but its just so hard to just let a big zit just sit there on your face all day :cry:

im crazy about my skin, like i will examine it really closely at night to see if their is anything popping up. and anything that is.....ATTACK!!!

its not good.

yea i cant stop trying to pop em either. i always tell myself, ok brendan no more picking wat so ever. this never eventuates.

i used to be really bad however, anything that evan romotely resembled a zit, evan a slight bumb or redish tint i would try to pop. so it prety much made my face look soooo much worse than it should have.

im getting better though, i think if i didnt pick my skin would look alot better.

I do this all the time my fingers love exploring my face for anything that isnt soft or smooth....even if it already hurts they want to squeeze it or scratch it , usually if I give in I end up stomping around the bathroom or banging my hand on the mirror in order to contain any pain that follows..

......maybe you should try something that will distract you from your face perhaps you should take up nailbiting instead??? :D jkjk LOL

at an attempt to answer the question... it is because ideally, the damn bump doesn't belong there. I had an old dog who got these little skin tags, old lady dog bumps on her face. When they would fill up with blood she would scratch them off... same goes for other injuries, etc. Animals lick and bite at tumors and sometimes other bumps, why shouldn't people be annoyed. NOT that you should pick it if you DON'T WANT SCARS...

Guest flutistgurl26

Ugh I used to be a HORRIBLE picker when my acne was bad. I went on Accutane and it all cleared up (although I still have picking issues but not nearly as bad). But I used to pick and pick.. One time I actually remember my mom driving me to school.. and I was looking in the car mirror at my face. You know that flap of skin that's between the bottom of your nose and your upper lip? Well, that ENTIRE area was covered with one GIGANTIC scab from a bad picking episode. To this day I can't believe I went to school like that :surprised: