Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skizi

Natrual vs. Prescription

After fighting acne for 3 years I decided to see a dermatologist, now I know some people say they're money hungry docs that sometimes make your acne worst, but after using Doxycycline pills and going through a tube of Differin(Adapalene) gel I haven't seen a big breakout for nearly a month. Now that I'm out of the gel I was wondering if I should get another tube or try something more natrual. I don't have many scars, but I do have alot of red marks left behind.

After reading about aloe vera a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a go. I have a fresh plant in my yard that I cut fresh pieces from every day. I put it on 2-3 times a day, washing my face between aplications. Though I haven't seen major results, I do find my skin to be more even and smooth.

Their are so many types of lotions/pills/ACV that people use on this forum, I would just like to get some answers from real people that these have helped.

So back to my main question: Which would be better for me?

-Keep applying aloe to my face/ start drinking it mixed with water(taken off other forum)

-Buy more prescription drugs(differin)

-Use ACV

-Go on a strict diet

Any others, or a combination of some of them.

Hope to get these marks off my face before I start college in 1-4 months, so I need something fast.

Thx.

Finacea (azeleic acid) is the only thing that ever helped with my red marks, it's prescription. If the differin is working to control the acne than why stop? you could ask your derm for finacea for the red marks and continue with the differin.

^ thx for the reply.

Hmm, another prescription drug. If it really works than I guess it's worth trying it, but are there other things that don't require a prescription. I actually read somehwhere that the Neutragena(sp?) fading mark peel thing works really well.

Hmmm I think I'm finally having success with my second round of Accutane. Really no acne on my face right now.

But everything else I tried from the derm didn't help, and I've seen 4 derms. Differin made me break out bad for almost 3 months before I quit.

But if your having success with the prescriptions, I suggest you stay with it. And ask your derms opinions about the new stuff that your trying out.

I feel that natural remedies are better with people who have sensitive skin and whose acne isn't that serious at this point.

But Differin is pretty mild for a retinoid, so it should be fine. Try not to irritate your skin too much that it may break out again.

^ thx for the reply.

Hmm, another prescription drug. If it really works than I guess it's worth trying it, but are there other things that don't require a prescription. I actually read somehwhere that the Neutragena(sp?) fading mark peel thing works really well.

"I actually read somehwhere that the Neutragena(sp?) fading mark peel thing works really well." Where did you read that?

That peel did not work for me.