Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest buttonit

im wasting my life away

Guest buttonit

im 20 years old and the one thing that consumes my time and energy is figuring out how to get rid of my red marks. i dont leave the house, only except for school and work. this sucks cause i'll never be happy unless my red marks are gone. i got nice, smooth skin but the red marks are 4 years old. i dont know why they have been there so long.

here is some, i got more....

IPB Image

im 20 years old and the one thing that consumes my time and energy is figuring out how to get rid of my red marks. i dont leave the house, only except for school and work. this sucks cause i'll never be happy unless my red marks are gone. i got nice, smooth skin but the red marks are 4 years old. i dont know why they have been there so long.

here is some, i got more....

IPB Image

aww dont worry hun! Those red marks dont look bad at all. I know how your feeling though..its gets soo frustrating when those scars just wont go away! Sometimes, i can have an even skin tone, but those red marks make me feel like crap! I am practically plagued with red marks and scars and they really get me down but i have to think positive and give them time. Seriously though,...jus give it a bit more time...and those scars will be gone and wu ill be flauting ur great skin!My red scars have been there a long time also but they are kinda fading!

Ive tried so many scar fading treatments...but i think lemon juice works best for me! lol!

Good luck with everythin...and look on the bright side when u feel down! :angel:

Guest buttonit

thanks but i always read "it takes a few months to 2 years." why do they say that?

Red marks take longer to fade depending on how well your body heals, the severity that your acne was, etc.

Your skin is red like that because it's healing.

For some reason, my red marks go away very quickly. I consume a lot of vitamin e, vitamin c, and zinc. And I also put a zinc oxide cream on my red marks to aid their healing process.

Guest buttonit

but 4 years? i never had acne that bad either. in fact, i swear i got red marks in places where i never had pimples. how do you consume those? from food or vitamins and how much?

Vitamins. I take 2,000 IU of vitamin E a day. and I take about 3,000 mgs of vitamin C a day. And 50 mgs of zinc.

Vitamins. I take 2,000 IU of vitamin E a day. and I take about 3,000 mgs of vitamin C a day. And 50 mgs of zinc.

Holy shit. I only take only 200 IU of vitamin E and maybe a 1000 mgs of vitamin C. Maybe I should take more if you say you're red-marks heal quicker... :think:

Guest buttonit

Holy shit. I only take only 200 IU of vitamin E and maybe a 1000 mgs of vitamin C. Maybe I should take more if you say you're red-marks heal quicker... :think:

i asked about what kanmi said in the diet section

Guest buttonit

i would go out more, treat myself to things, have a girlfriend, stand up for myself, etc. if i didnt had red marks. i think i wouldnt be nervous doing presentations too :(

i would go out more, treat myself to things, have a girlfriend, stand up for myself, etc. if i didnt had red marks. i think i wouldnt be nervous doing presentations too :(

Pre-acne I was a really out going person but since my acne got pretty bad I've become very sheltered and shut in and it's really depressing. I can't stand to be in places with a lot of people anymore because I think they're staring at my face and critizing me.

Guest buttonit

i barely get acne anymore. the red marks look just as bad and they've been there forever it seems.

At least with red marks, you know those will go away. I have actual indented scars, those will never go away.

Guest buttonit

At least with red marks, you know those will go away. I have actual indented scars, those will never go away.

i got a few of those but they dont bug me. redness is all i care about. i think the red marks will go away too but its been 4 years and they still look bad, so i dont know wtf to do. maybe laser or a peel?

Yeah, a laser or peel would definitely help. You should get an appt with a derm and ask him what would be best.

Guest buttonit

my derm keeps telling me to use a glycolic cleanser and a vitamin c serum. i believe it helped when i first started using those at the end of may, but now it seems to stop. so im just going to tell him i need to do something more extreme. i feel akward going against a professionals advice, but im tired of these marks.