Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey, I'm totally new to his but just felt like i could do with a bit of support, so here goes :)

Okay, firstly naturally I'm probably and always have been one of the most shy and timid people you're likely to meet. I'd never really had a big problem with acne till I came to uni, at first it was pretty mild and a short roacc. course sorted it out. One other the other things for you to know, I can be really quite vain, and although i'd never judge others on the basis of looks - i do it to myself all the time.

Anyways, in december, when under copious amounts of stress m acne broke out big time! Over night i changed, I took a year's leave of absence from uni, started on roacc. again and went to see a psychiatrist/ therapist because i became so messed up! Anyhows, after the most difficult 7/8 months of my life during which i refused to go anywhere.etc my acne completely cleared and i'm now staying on it very low-dose to ensure it doesn't happen again!

Now, my skin's clear but i still have some scarring. Although probably only mild and some types of light you can't really see anything, in certain shops (eg. whilst being dragged about new look) , although this may be over-exaggerated by my mind it can look pretty awful and make me really self-conscious.

Anyways, the thought of people noticing it makes me really anxious which has resulted in me getting really nervous when meeting new people or in big crowds, and i start shaking and sweating, hence i now try to avoid crowds and cities all together.

I think it's to do with an identity crisis - sometimes i look in the mirror and am the hottest think alive, and others, i ming lol. I know it could be a lot worse, but i guess there's other issues involved as well...

At the same time as dealing with this I've been trying to come to terms with being gay. The two combined make me feel as though i'm constantly being judged by everyone.

I've only really mentioned a tiny bit of this to a friend and, although it would probably help me get through it, don't really feel like i want to mention anything to my mates.

The therapist really screwed me up, so going back to anything like that's a definite no no!

Am having subcision on the only scar which is really bothering me, and going back to uni this month, although still a little apprehensive :0

if anyone else has been through anything like this, would love to hear,

hope ur all good - and sorry for the crazily long post!

Iainxo :angel:

[attachmentid=5943]

hey, I'm totally new to his but just felt like i could do with a bit of support, so here goes :)

Okay, firstly naturally I'm probably and always have been one of the most shy and timid people you're likely to meet. I'd never really had a big problem with acne till I came to uni, at first it was pretty mild and a short roacc. course sorted it out. One other the other things for you to know, I can be really quite vain, and although i'd never judge others on the basis of looks - i do it to myself all the time.

Anyways, in december, when under copious amounts of stress m acne broke out big time! Over night i changed, I took a year's leave of absence from uni, started on roacc. again and went to see a psychiatrist/ therapist because i became so messed up! Anyhows, after the most difficult 7/8 months of my life during which i refused to go anywhere.etc my acne completely cleared and i'm now staying on it very low-dose to ensure it doesn't happen again!

Now, my skin's clear but i still have some scarring. Although probably only mild and some types of light you can't really see anything, in certain shops (eg. whilst being dragged about new look) , although this may be over-exaggerated by my mind it can look pretty awful and make me really self-conscious.

Anyways, the thought of people noticing it makes me really anxious which has resulted in me getting really nervous when meeting new people or in big crowds, and i start shaking and sweating, hence i now try to avoid crowds and cities all together.

I think it's to do with an identity crisis - sometimes i look in the mirror and am the hottest think alive, and others, i ming lol. I know it could be a lot worse, but i guess there's other issues involved as well...

At the same time as dealing with this I've been trying to come to terms with being gay. The two combined make me feel as though i'm constantly being judged by everyone.

I've only really mentioned a tiny bit of this to a friend and, although it would probably help me get through it, don't really feel like i want to mention anything to my mates.

The therapist really screwed me up, so going back to anything like that's a definite no no!

Am having subcision on the only scar which is really bothering me, and going back to uni this month, although still a little apprehensive :0

if anyone else has been through anything like this, would love to hear,

hope ur all good - and sorry for the crazily long post!

Iainxo :angel:

[attachmentid=5943]

hey....firstly welcome to the site! lol! U have come to the right place coz we all support eachother! Sounds like u have had a bit of a rough time....but a lot of people here can relate.....me included lol! :angel:

I've had acne for like 6 years now and im sooo sick of it. Its really killed any confidence ive ever had and i just hate my face! I also never judge people on their looks, but when it cvomes to me...im very judgemental! I am blind to other peoples flaws, but all i see in me is flaws flaws flaws! Its my skin that drives me insane. Ive not been properly clear in a hell of a long time and i get kinda depressed with that! My skin never bothered me when i first started gettin acne, but it wa sthe last few years at school and now the start of college that ive become really conscious about it and i hate people looking me in the face....thats why i cant keep eye contact with someone for more than a few mminutes..im terrible...

If im having a chat with my mum for example, and she looks at my face, i immediately accuse her of staring at my skin and then i get upset bla bla bla! Its like a nightmare situation!

I also am very anxious areound large number of people...i started college last week and i still find the numbe rof students there overwhelming and when someone sees me, i'm like "please dont take any notice of my skin, please please please". I have bad scars also and im petrified of what people think of my scars...coz a lot of people i know how lovely acnefree skin!

AWW....im sure people dont constantly judge u with being gay and your acne....its great ur not ashamed of showing people who u are! :angel:

sorry ive waffled on a bit here lol! But good luck with uni! Have fun and look on the bright side of life! :)

Hey:)

Thanks Laura,

I don't actually have any acne any more, probs due to long-term low-dose roacc. Think the problems are more psychological than physical, this can really mess you up!

Just wondered - it says you're on minocycline, have you tried roacctane? It really is a miracle drug, and once you're on it if you want to recover faster can try doxycycline as well.

Roaccutane also has the advantage of increasing cell turnover and smoothing out any scars. Just thought I'd mention it since it appears to be causing you quite a lot of stress, and if you go to a responsible derm and emphasize any emotional concerns, being really honest, they should be obliged to prescribe it since acne really isn't something people need to just get on with, there is a cure!

All side-effect in my opinion are over-exaggerated, just be sure to moisturise and u'll be great:)

Take care, Iainxo

Totally depends on the impact it's having on u though! Just had a quick look through ur album n u look really great hun!

I:)