Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tooshort

My face is FLIPPIN burning!

Im pretty much clear due to the regimen. I have been trying to implement sunscreen into my regimen, so prevent sun damage. First I used Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer with SPF 15, but it burned my skin and made me red, so I stopped. I gave my face a week to get normal again. I bought some Coppertone "Faces" SPF 30 and use it over my moisturizer(Complex 15 or Johnson's Baby Lotion), but here I am mid-day, and once again, my skin is on fire!

Am I allergic to sunscreen? What can I do, I need SPF to keep me from getting sunburn, but the product itself is burning my skin on its own! Sorry for screaming. LOL

HELP!

You may be sensitive to SPF ingredients. Avobenzone and Oxybenzone are sometimes not tolerated well.

Zinc oxide is usually tolerated well by sensitive skin and acne prone skin, you may need to find a sunscreen that uses ONLY zinc oxide as the spf.

You may be sensitive to SPF ingredients. Avobenzone and Oxybenzone are sometimes not tolerated well.

Zinc oxide is usually tolerated well by sensitive skin and acne prone skin, you may need to find a sunscreen that uses ONLY zinc oxide as the spf.

Thanks Brandy. Any recommendations?

??????

http://www.coolibar.com/05103.html

That one might be fine.

There is also a moisturizer by Eucerin for Sensitive skin that has zinc oxide. The only downside is that it is white and doesn't always disappear very well. But you may be able to work it in and see if you can make it work for you. It is called Eucerin Extra Protective.